The dictatorship has officially arrived.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

The dictatorship has officially arrived.

Post by MrT »

Confirmed by Mark Gonnella as genuine. Arsenal and Kick It Out are scanning social media accounts and anything they deem as offensive to the club will earn you a ban. The guy in question wasn't a fan of Wenger.

mojokickin

Re: The dictatorship has officially arrived.

Post by mojokickin »

Any link to what he has posted?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mojokickin wrote:Any link to what he has posted?
I imagine that he has probably deleted some pretty idiotic posts and is now claiming to have been banned for tweeting #WengerOut :roll:

MrT

Post by MrT »

northbank123 wrote:
mojokickin wrote:Any link to what he has posted?
I imagine that he has probably deleted some pretty idiotic posts and is now claiming to have been banned for tweeting #WengerOut :roll:
So that's all you got from this mess? A chance to have a dig at a supporter being banned in a fascist manner for something ''offensive'' he might or might not have said on his personal twitter account.

This is the issue, the club can ban you for anything they deem as offensive. Harsh words for the manager? We'll track you down and ban you. Pathetic.

Here's another one Image

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

And you think that the club is stupid enough to go round dishing out written correspondence and handing out bans for people simply expressing anti-Wenger views?

Or maybe I'm wrong and Kick It Out are militant WOBs

MrT

Post by MrT »

northbank123 wrote:And you think that the club is stupid enough to go round dishing out written correspondence and handing out bans for people simply expressing anti-Wenger views?

I don't know what he said to get himself a ban, I'm not arsed either way. He could have made an un-PC joke? How do we know the person being banned is the one using the twitter account? There are many ways this can get abused. Short of threatening violence at the club or employees, the club have no fucking right to ban you for something someone else might find offensive on a personal social media account.

This will inevitably breed more grasses to come forward and report people they don't like or agree with.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh shit.....does anyone know how I can delete about 6000 of my posts in a hurry :lol:

That letter isn't signed by anyone....strange no?
Last edited by rodders999 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrT

Post by MrT »

rodders999 wrote:Oh shit.....does anymore know how I can delete about 6000 of my posts in a hurry :lol:

:lol:

Not sure about that tbf, people thought it was fake until Gonnella pretty much confirmed it.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I can't imagine Kick it out are remotely interested in anti-AFC tweets. They are an anti-racism organisation.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:And you think that the club is stupid enough to go round dishing out written correspondence and handing out bans for people simply expressing anti-Wenger views?

Have to say that I am 100% with MrT on this debate - what a person posts on social media is of no concern to the club (unless it is on their twitter or facebook pages) and they have no right to get involved. If the comments are offensive or racist, then that is a matter for the cops and the law courts, but it certainly is nothing to do with a sports club. What will be the next step ? Banning someone for remarks he made in his local the day after a game ? This. if true, is an absolute outrage and is something that none of us should dismiss lightly - if they can get away with this, then maybe next year they will come after members on here that have posted aggressive comments about the French cock manager, or the syrup wearing c.unt ?
Our club, much like our manager, feel that they are an authority on everything and feel that they should govern all they see - some fans say that the board should pull wenger into line when he spouts spouting bollox about stuff that has nothing to do with him, but the reality is that the people running our club are no different than him and should also be told to f.uck off

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

How did the club get their address to send the letter?

gp543

Post by gp543 »

rodders999 wrote:Oh shit.....does anyone know how I can delete about 6000 of my posts in a hurry :lol:

The letter informing the Archway One of his ban was also unsigned. I have to imagine it's a guard against people taking revenge.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Db10 runs a dictatorship on here ,
:D :D :D thanks for giving me another chance :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Brightonnxtround wrote:Db10 runs a dictatorship on here ,
:D :D :D thanks for giving me another chance :barscarf: :barscarf:
Steady, tiger.... steady... :box:

Don't waste that second chance. Be reasonable. Respect others. Contribute. :dicko: :proudtosay:

As Tom hanks said at the end of Saving Private Ryan; "Earn this..."

And as Tommy Thundercock said at the end of Shaving Ryan's Privates; "Yeah, that's right, suck it all the way down..."

:mrgreen: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If somebody (hypothetically - not saying it has happened here) is using social media accounts to spread a multitude of vile, racist abuse then I personally would have no sympathy with them not being welcome at our club.