Basel (A) | CL | Tue 6 Dec 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Basel (A) | CL | Tue 6 Dec 19:45

Post by Sean »

Up next. It wouldn't be an Arsenal groundhog season without a dead rubber game on the continent :barscarf:

Needless to say: we are shite, they are shite and the game will be a massive pile of shite 8)

I, on the other hand, will most likely be attending a EFL Trophy game that night; Wimbledon v Brighton Academy. Expected attendance to be less than 1,000 as fans around the country have rejected the new format. Our own pubber academy thought they were above entering this competition (much like the first team and the League Cup). Oh well, my Seagull mate, his Dad and I will add to that. You can tell we're desperate to go to cheap games; tenner a ticket!

SteveO 35

Re: Basel (A) | CL | Tue 6 Dec 19:45

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wonder if we'll finish 2nd in the Group ?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This is what it's all about.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:This is what it's all about.
Indeed it is mate.....wet wipes ready by the bedside

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Who gives :roll: when is the draw so we can find out who will ragdoll us in feb/mar :oops:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

These nights are the reward for the hard work in April/ May when we make a miraculous late sprint to secure our place in this be all and end all competition.. This is what we left Highbury for..This is why we pay our manager £9m plus per year...Basel away in December is what Champions League is all about..it's what football is all about..

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:Who gives :roll: when is the draw so we can find out who will ragdoll us in feb/mar :oops:
As I see it, there are 2 options - an outclassed humiliation at the hands of Barcelona, Atletico or Dortmund, or a turn-up and strut around like we're already through a la Monaco performance against Napoli/Benfica/Beskitas/Juventus/Sevilla or....err Monaco again

Either way Tool features and his bunch of chumps will find a way to screw it up and sacrifice everything else in the process

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Listen if you offered me 2nd place I would sign up for the next 20 years........ok he (Wenger) said that about the PL but seems like he has got his wish with the CL group stages either way not the words of a winner :blah:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Is this the least interesting match in Arsenal FC' s history?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:Is this the least interesting match in Arsenal FC' s history?
It is certainly the most meaningless game I can remember in recent memory.
Surely we must play the league cup side again? I would rather lose 10-0 on Tuesday and then beat Stoke on Saturday.

If Sanchez, Ozil and Koscielny even attempt to board the plane I will go mad!!!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Some excellent football up and down the country this weekend. There won't be a Chumpions League group match to even come close this week. Thank fuck this mega bore is over for a few months after this week

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What's most important is that the whole world recognises Wanker's magnificent achievement of getting through the group stage for the hundredth time in a row. It really is an achievement to do it so regularly without ever winning the thing. Surely UEFA should give him some sort of award.

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Meaningless or not, I'll be going as it's one of the few chances to watch Arsenal away for a more reasonable price and Basel is known to be a nice place. 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Had this Matchday 6 date inked in my calendar for a long time. Uncontrollably excited.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Is this the least interesting match in Arsenal FC' s history?
Fuck... there is some stiff competition... mostly in the CL too... :lol: :oops:

Either way, I think it's safe to say this whole competition is just :yawn: :tumbleweed: :roll: