PNE AWAY FA CUP.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
butts8

Re: PNE AWAY FA CUP.

Post by butts8 »

nut flush gooner wrote:My first away game of the season. It's been a fucking nightmare getting a ticket for any prem league awayday, but PNE have given us a huge allocation 5,400 with the capacity being around 23,000. It should be a good atmosphere up there, lets hope they don't get a three goal start,

Taking the coach with the travel club, it's a tenner which is not bad but a bloody long arduous journey. Still PNE is a shithole you really wouldn't want to spend any time there.
Should be a good cup tie, not easy but I think 2-1 maybe 3. Hope he continues to play giroud so he continues his form, he doesn't need a rest. I will be there, getting train, just want to know what boozer every1 going to. :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

We'll play 5 or 6 reserve players who think they are brilliant & just have to turn up & they will win. I don't think they will & we may lose 1 - 0 or 2 - 1. So I'm hoping for a draw. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If Wenger takes it seriously and puts out a half decent side we should win 2 or 3 nil easily. If he acts the gash and puts out the duds and yoof players it could go pear shaped. :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:If Wenger takes it seriously and puts out a half decent side we should win 2 or 3 nil easily. If he acts the gash and puts out the duds and yoof players it could go pear shaped. :|
Well from his press conference yesterday, he was sending out messages that it will be a strong side of mostly first choice players so lets see. If we go out of this, I'm not sure when I'll be watching my next game - probably September when the League Cup starts again !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:If Wenger takes it seriously and puts out a half decent side we should win 2 or 3 nil easily. If he acts the gash and puts out the duds and yoof players it could go pear shaped. :|
Well from his press conference yesterday, he was sending out messages that it will be a strong side of mostly first choice players so lets see. If we go out of this, I'm not sure when I'll be watching my next game - probably September when the League Cup starts again !
Encouraging signs then. Fingers crossed.

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

where are people drinking tomorrow for the Preston game ?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ray C wrote:We'll play 5 or 6 reserve players who think they are brilliant & just have to turn up & they will win. I don't think they will & we may lose 1 - 0 or 2 - 1. So I'm hoping for a draw. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Then we can drag them back to ours and Wenger can have another "congested fixture list" excuse in his holster. Of course nobody will ever point out that we should have won the first time of asking.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I still LOVE the FA Cup and anyone that doesn't is a testicle-inhaling bag of Herpes. :twisted: :banghead: :censored:

It still grinds the shit out of my arse that the chance to win a third FA Cup in a row was pissed away against a fucking shit Watford team that we destroyed 4-0 just two weeks later. That was absolutely shameful. :x :twisted: :censored:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

6/1 for a pne win, ill prob take that, Bournemouth were 4/1 and i cashed out as soon as we went within 2 so 6/1 is worth a punt!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jakeybown wrote:where are people drinking tomorrow for the Preston game ?
Not sure to be honest. I am at the mercy of the Arsenal coaches, we leave at 9:45 have 2 stops to pick up other fans and from what I understand there will be a lunch break south of Manchester. I should imagine we get there for 3:30 ish.

So not much time for beers, i should imagine the gooners that drive will take over a few pubs near the ground.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Not sure to be honest. I am at the mercy of the Arsenal coaches, we leave at 9:45 have 2 stops to pick up other fans and from what I understand there will be a lunch break south of Manchester. I should imagine we get there for 3:30 ish.

So not much time for beers, i should imagine the gooners that drive will take over a few pubs near the ground.
if i remember right, dont think there is much near the ground in way of pubs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Are the coaches run "dry"? :shock:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I think it will be an Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, kind of line up.
But will Wenger take the liberty of stooping to a Yaya Sanogo, Carl Jenkinson flavour?
I doubt it, he has to show Preston a slight bit of respect.
Seriously though, if he cant trust Jenko against this level of opposition, particularly with his biggest critic Sanchez left at home. he may as well get rid of him this window.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:I still LOVE the FA Cup and anyone that doesn't is a testicle-inhaling bag of Herpes. :twisted: :banghead: :censored:

It still grinds the shit out of my arse that the chance to win a third FA Cup in a row was pissed away against a fucking shit Watford team that we destroyed 4-0 just two weeks later. That was absolutely shameful. :x :twisted: :censored:

No it was Special circumstances for the 9th or 10th time.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

A piss-weak lineup and a late 1-0 to Preston for me - Wenger will blame 'leedle bit jaded physically' and 'congested fixture list', AKBs will excuse it with 'tough place to go' and 'focusing on the league'