Season Tickets query

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mlm200

Season Tickets query

Post by mlm200 »

Hi Everyone,

I’m a season ticket holder in West Upper. I’ve had it from the start of this season when my
number came up after 8 years on the Waiting list. I have been going to the
Emirates since it opened on my Silver memberships and have always sat in
clock end lower where, for the big games at least, I have always enjoyed a
much better atmosphere - lots of standing and singing. It won’t come as a
surprise to you I am sure that the upper tier struggles for atmosphere and
this frustrates me. At the end of this season I am going to put in to
transfer downstairs, hopefully to the North Bank, but what I really want to
ask everyone is if anyone has had the same experience as me in the last couple few years and if so how
long it took them before they managed to get a move downstairs, and then to
the North Bank. I was almost in a better position before where I went to
everything on Silver and sat at the back of the clock end lower where the
atmosphere is great.

Thank you.

Skooner

Re: Season Tickets query

Post by Skooner »

If it's just you then you'll probably be fine in the summer. The more people you are trying to move the harder it gets. There are 3 of us in the upper tier and we've applied to move to lower in the last 3 renewal seasons and been denied each time.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Skooner wrote:If it's just you then you'll probably be fine in the summer. The more people you are trying to move the harder it gets. There are 3 of us in the upper tier and we've applied to move to lower in the last 3 renewal seasons and been denied each time.

Is that because the club know its a lot harder to sell tickets in the Upper??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The view from the upper tiers is shite. Like looking at Subbuteo... from the next room. :roll:

God, I miss Highbury. :( Even just the word "Highbury" brings so many bittersweet feelings and amazing memories. 8)

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

The 1st 10 rows of the upper are not too bad....but those steps get real steep real quick...by the time you turn around your dizzy and need a magnifying glass.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I quite like the view from the top tier, the atmosphere is shocking and you're quite detached from the action but the view is alright IMO

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:I quite like the view from the top tier, the atmosphere is shocking and you're quite detached from the action but the view is alright IMO
I really hate it. My mate had ST up there about 15 or 20 rows back and you just feel totally disconnected from the game. I have good eyesight too but the players looked miles away. Atmos is shit too, but that is standard in most parts of the Conglomerates Lego Bowl of course. :|

mlm200

Post by mlm200 »

Skooner wrote:If it's just you then you'll probably be fine in the summer. The more people you are trying to move the harder it gets. There are 3 of us in the upper tier and we've applied to move to lower in the last 3 renewal seasons and been denied each time.
There is two of us, probably more likely than your three but agreed if it was just me I'd have a better chance. We're obviously not willing to split up though. We still have our silver memberships so for NL Derby, Chelsea + other big games we sit in the clock end and sell our STs but I can't be bothered with the faff of that anymore - would rather just be in the North Bank and be done with. TBH would be happy with anywhere downstairs next season with a view to moving round to NB for some f***ing singing!

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

How did you keep your silvers when you got the season ticket. Fu****s took mine when I got season ticket.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

They are normally funny about downgrading STs (price wise) so i have been told by a few mates. I have been North upper since moving to the Grove, and like it, Row 15 . the view is fine for me. I am in my mid 50 s and cant be doing with all the jumping up and down bollocks all the time.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

navangooner wrote:How did you keep your silvers when you got the season ticket. Fu****s took mine when I got season ticket.
I kept mine as well. Only got an ST when we moved to the Grove. Think they started removing silvers, from new ST holders a few seasons after the move.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

SPARKSY wrote:

I have wondered that, but can't prove either way, I assume it's fairly unusual to have 3 seats in lower tier together come up at the same time. A mate was on his own in upper in his first season about 5 years back and was able to move down the following season no problem

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:

This baffles me, but for some reason the tickets are more expensive in the top tier :shock: :?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

This baffles me, but for some reason the tickets are more expensive in the top tier :shock: :?
I find it unbelievable..

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:The view from the upper tiers is shite. Like looking at Subbuteo... from the next room. :roll:

God, I miss Highbury. :( Even just the word "Highbury" brings so many bittersweet feelings and amazing memories. 8)
Can I be the first to say fuck off to Fleetwood then . :barscarf: