Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

Post by Bradywasking »

19-3 is the aggregate scores of the first legs of the last six seasons Champions League last 16 games involving Arsenal.. Arsenal got the 3...

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Not sure how much anyone with cup credits/season ticket would lose by not going or selling their tickets but 10 000 empty seats for the club's flagship fixture of the season would surely send a message, even if they've already got your money

This is our club!

Post by This is our club! »

I'm fuming!! Want some AKB scalp, where are they?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

armchair wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
armchair wrote:Well I did tell you he'd be gone in May. 8)
Shame on you for doubting me.

Its gonna get worse for him too.............

We're gonna make him squirm.

And Im gonna enjoy every single minute of him suffering through these last few months.
If he does go in May (and I'm still not convinced he will) then it certainly won't be because Wiggy refuses to offer him a contract. I firmly believe he could sign it now if he wanted. If he does go it will be because he finally thinks its time.......as John Cross would say "he's earned the right to decide when he leaves" :D
It'll be spun as "his decision" but it'll be the critism and questioning of him that does him in.
Even tonight hes bare-faced blaming 2 balls on the pitch and injuries. He doesnt realise that even Keown has flipped.

And we're not gonna let it slide. Its only gonna get worse for him. WOBs smell blood.

I told you....stick a fork in him. Hes done.
Thank God. :barscarf:
I admire your optimism mate but I'll never believe it until the day it happens. Ty and my old man will still be urging him to sign on at the slightest sign of a 4th place revival and FA Cup final place. He's got the skin of a rhino the bloke. The Stoke Three turned it personal on him and we all know what happened after that - condemnation from the likes of John Cross and his other journo bum chums.

The press cycle never ceases to amaze me. Week after week they criticise his tactics (or lack of), lack of leadership on the field, crap signings etc.....then when the fans agree and cite those reasons as Time For Change, they recoil in shock and put on their Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells hats and label us all ignorant morons. I'll never forget all those who shouted down the protest at the Norwich game - they far outweighed those wanting him gone and it was less than a year ago. The press were still firmly up his bumhole too
Last edited by SteveO 35 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Anybody hear Henry Winter on 5 Live? Look at the BBC sport live text and the extracts of his comments on there. Fantastic savaging of Wenger and the rotten regime.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:Anybody hear Henry Winter on 5 Live? Look at the BBC sport live text and the extracts of his comments on there. Fantastic savaging of Wenger and the rotten regime.

Here's a taster:

Particularly shameful'
Bayern Munich 5-1 Arsenal
Henry Winter
Chief Football Writer for the Times on BBC Radio 5 Live
Posted at
22:16
It’s just from top to bottom with Arsenal, there’s no leadership. They have a silent owner who is sleepwalking towards the abyss. Their manager’s best days are behind him. Everyone can see that. He’s been overtaken by Conte, Klopp and other managers.

It’s a lack of leadership on the pitch, long-running problems. This isn’t a great surprise, although it was particularly shameful. It could have been a tennis score without David Ospina.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

This is our club! wrote:I'm fuming!! Want some AKB scalp, where are they?
They always go into hibernation this time of year, usually to be seen again some time in May just after we finish ahead of Spurs and get top 4 which in their eyes is the same as winning the PL + CL double.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

and a few more...

Keown the slimeball is still creeping around wengers sphincter...

Posted at
22:13
Former England defender Rio Ferdinand on BT Sport: "What is the remit from the Arsenal board. Is it to qualify for the Champions League? Or is it to win the Champions League or Premier League? I'll be disappointed if Arsene Wenger is remembered for this period of his career."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Posted at
22:10
Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown on BT Sport: "He looked particularly wounded. I feel for him - he almost needs to be protected from himself. This is 20 years of work here. He's been magnificent for the club. This is a massive low point for him. This brings forward the change that looks likely at the end of the season.

"I think it will be him that makes the decision. The realisation that the decision needs to be made is more apparent tonight."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And then from the guilty cun.t:

'No excuses'
Posted at
22:09
More from Arsene Wenger: "I do not look for excuses. It is a shock of course to lose at that level. We made everything wrong, the fifth goal shows that.

"These kind of games you need to be focused for 90 minutes. I felt the third goal was a killer for our players after that we had no response."

Asked if it is his lowest point: ""How I feel I don't think is the most important but of course it is disappointing."

Do Arsenal need a miracle: "We have to recover first and focus on the next game."

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

silus wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
silus wrote:Have to say he looked like he was about to cry. I think the penny might have finally dropped.
He's done.
Sorry mate but we said exactly that after the 8-2 and the 6-0 and the last 5-1 in Munich but he's still here, like a turd that won't flush away.

The only way he'll go is if we use this as a springboard to organise ourselves in a proper protest!!!!
I know, but this feels different to me.
He looked like a broken man.
Possibly wishful thinking on my part...but I'm starting to believe it's the end.
Sorry mate - that wasn't a pop at you.

You're like me, just hoping and praying for anything that will force that pathetic old man out of our Club. I just can't see anything changing until we organise ourselves into a big, visible, noisy block and let the world know how much we despise what Wenger and Kroenke are doing to our Club.

Rush

Post by Rush »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Rush wrote:So let me understand this......

Arsene has been a superb manager.... getting us CL footie on a regular basis..... its the boys who fail him
Arsene has been a superb manager.... getting us Top 4 league footie on a regular basis..... its the boys who fail him
Arsene has been a superb manager.... getting us above Spuds on a regular basis..... its the boys who fail him

its not Wenger .... its the boys.

Bunch of pricks ruining the record of an excellent manager....
Especially after he gave so many of them lucrative, extended contracts too, shame on them :wink:

I tell you my fellow one pop
Its an amazing feat ..... Wonder where I can sign up..... and live the good life.... preferably on the treatment table lol..... cant afford to mess up this ugly mug on the field

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Winter
Chief Football Writer for the Times on BBC Radio 5 Live
Posted at
22:03
Arsenal are a laughing stock. There is money there, it’s a myth that there isn’t. Wenger has lost his leadership skills, there’s no invincible streak in him anymore. The Arsenal fans I was talking to today all knew this was going to happen.

MrT

Post by MrT »

OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan

200 - Arsenal are the first English team with 200 conceded Champions League goals. Explorers.
Wenger loves breaking records.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

This is our club! wrote:I'm fuming!! Want some AKB scalp, where are they?
Wrong forum mate
This a WOB stronghold

You want to go to the mentally challenged over at Untold Arsenal

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Well, that went as well as we all thought/dreaded it would didn't it.

I really feel for The Gooners who went out there.

Roll on Saturday and The Banners and the Boo's.