Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Wenger Out protest, Saturday 11th March 4pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

armchair wrote:A group of us who were doing banners last season looked into the Ad Van idea. A digital one with changing images. We were gonna get it to drive round by the Emirates on a matchday and by the Arsenal pubs. Came in at 500 for the day IIRC. Probably +vat.

We were gonna put up the Gazidis quote, various pics of banners etc. All on a digital loop. I was gonna get speakers and do Wenger Out! stuff.
As there were only a few of us cost was prohibitive.

Another fantastic idea we had was...,.......

Hire an open-top bus. Last day of season drive it round with a mock"top four trophy". Banners hanging off the sides Singing WengerOut songs. Now that'd be mint!
Feckkin' ELL Mate! That IS Genius!!! Ohhh! What fun that would be. Sounds like a Plan worth Dong!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! I haven't felt this positive about my club for feckinn yeeeeeaaaarrrrsss! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

armchair wrote:A group of us who were doing banners last season looked into the Ad Van idea. A digital one with changing images. We were gonna get it to drive round by the Emirates on a matchday and by the Arsenal pubs. Came in at 500 for the day IIRC. Probably +vat.

We were gonna put up the Gazidis quote, various pics of banners etc. All on a digital loop. I was gonna get speakers and do Wenger Out! stuff.

Hire an open-top bus. Last day of season drive it round with a mock"top four trophy". Banners hanging off the sides Singing WengerOut songs. Now that'd be mint!

That is a great idea. I'm sure someone could do a few of those yellow Advanced Warning of Road Closure signs and stick on some message about it being like a real trophy. Put them up on the street lights a few days before and then get the bus out on the day. Its an asolutely wonderful idea and would get a lot of coverage as it's amusing but spot-on.

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

Sold my tickets key for Bayern but I'm there tomorrow and definitely joining in the protest. My grandad in his 80s is coming along too. Just want Wenger out!

Is it bad that I'm looking forward more to the protest than the game itself? ☺️

Herd

Post by Herd »

seriously dont agree with hitting them up on the way to a match . pure wrong .sorry but there u are

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

That bus is a great idea! Best thing about it too is that the 20 *cough* of us who made the first march will get first dibs on tickets! Seriously though like a lot of you I thought Tuesday was just about the best night I've had as an Arsenal fan for ages! Well done to all of the 350+ that made it all such a great success but in particular those of you who helped organise it all. Heres hoping for another great turn out tomorrow!

armchair

Post by armchair »

And they said fan protests would have no effect........... :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Yea imagine standing on an open-top bus with a Wenger mask on holding up a "top 4 trophy" :lol:
:barscarf:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

As Jumpers for Goalposts said I think Beachballs would be a great idea, especially if it was possible to get Wenger Out on them, imagine hundreds of them at an away game or at the Emirates, wouldnt be hard to smuggle them into the ground either

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Whatever we go for, whether it's plane banner or helicopter banner or bus or whatever, if someone starts an account on PayPal or just giving or wherever, I will definitely stuck a few quid in.

Anyone know if we could do a hot air balloon over the ground? It would be fucking funny and totally different. The sight of a few Gooners floating over the ground in a balloon basket with a Wenger Out banner would be magnificent.

I've also thought about a leaflet drop onto the pitch from a plane or helicoprer during a match. Is that at all feasible?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Feckkin' ELL Mate! That IS Genius!!! Ohhh! What fun that would be. Sounds like a Plan worth Dong!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! I haven't felt this positive about my club for feckinn yeeeeeaaaarrrrsss! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I would definitely be up for that! :barscarf:

Paulio

Post by Paulio »

First time poster, long time lurker.

Only issue with the open top bus is that we need to get top 4 to get the trophy! Can't see it to be honest but it is a brilliant idea :)

Some great ideas here. Love the banners and the videos from Tuesday.

Wenger out!

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

armchair wrote:Yea imagine standing on an open-top bus with a Wenger mask on holding up a "top 4 trophy" :lol:
:barscarf:

I also imagine the fun if all protesters were to wear allegri masks at the forth coming protests.... :lol:

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

For those monitoring this post from ARSENE HQ...

Just go Arsene ... your going to get ruined by this lot.

:shock:

General

Post by General »

terry henry wrote:Sold my tickets key for Bayern but I'm there tomorrow and definitely joining in the protest. My grandad in his 80s is coming along too. Just want Wenger out!

Is it bad that I'm looking forward more to the protest than the game itself? ☺️
You're not alone mate. I feel there will be an element of emptiness if you do the protest and don't go on to watch the game.

armchair

Post by armchair »

We need to hire a Wenger lookalike/soundalike. Give him a "top 4 trophy" to hold and do an interview and come out with some Wenger classic shit.....

Err look, I didnt see it
We have amaaaaazing Mental strength
Leetle bit jaded
We played with a Leetle bit the handbrake on
Why do you look at me?
Errr, Its difficult when you have two games in a week
Errr, Its difficult when you have two weeks between games

etc, etc,.....ad nauseum