Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by shu »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
I was in the original protest vs Munich, will probably join again before the end of the season. But when mates want to go for a beer well away from the ground, and a few of them are akb's I am not going to say fuck you I am joining the march. We all respect each other's opinions and don't have punchups over it unlike some who had a pop at Claude.

We just got to the area around the steps when you lot where making your way up.

Think you need to pipe down pal, the protests at best are small. There are still thousands that quietly support Wenger and you lot have to convince them that he needs to go. That is the reality, until you have 3-5000 in one of these protests then the club will view you as a nothing more than nuisance, Liverpool had it licked with Gillette and Hicks, they did everything they could in their thousands even tens of thousands. We will need something huge to even give Kroenke a nose bleed.

I will join a protest now towards the end of the season, when the cast is dye and we can really take some pot shots at the club. It would be far better to channel one huge protest preferably for a TV game than a series of small ones.
Nutflush, really this is incredible, and in a nutshell :wink: explains why nothing has changed over recent years. So you have friends who are akbs and you "respect their view" WTF there is not a shred of a view now that can realistically support Wenger other than misguided love for what "he did". Try burrowing into their mentality a bit. Either way you just tell them no beer or prawn sandwiches till the fraud is gone. They may understand a bit better, as it is you are just another of the ones who just silently sit there and let TOF continue his madness.

As for waiting till the end of the season IT IS FAR TOO LATE mate- he needs to go now, or announce its au revoir at the season end not wait till the season is ended no matches left and he is on holiday playing beechball. Another Judge me in May season goes by.

Can you not understand- get rid of Wenger first then focus on Kroenke. He is 3000 miles away, there cant be many fans who support him, but till his queen has gone absolutely nothing will change. He has no ambition other than kerching for our club we all know that.

Maybe your mates could just march with Kroenke out pieces of paper- it dilutes the message but at least gets them all making a presence. I am amazed. Im trying to be polite mate really take a long look at yourself mate and realise its your type that is contributing to the problem.
Mate, I have had countless rants about Wenger. It's one thing that we cannot agree on, there is no logic behind an AKBs thought processes but they are the blind masses. Whether I respect or don't respect their opinion is irrelevant, there is nothing I can do or say that will change their minds.

This is replicated all over the Emirates and why it's a massive ask to get any meaningful protest going.

I get annoyed when some random on this forum has a pop, without knowing the circumstances of my pre match plans. Quite often football is a good chance to catch up with people you haven't seen for a while. It's a bit off saying no I can't see you because I am going to a protest every match. I will be at another protest trust me, but don't worry about me worry about the people who won't change their minds.
Your pre match plans probably involve changing your tampax , i think you are on the wrong site you tool !

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sean wrote:Good protest. Touch of the verbals from the AKB, but fuck 'em.

It was great to meet Stuart, Pete, Chris and Matt. We had drinks and watched the game at The Gunners; fantastic. Thanks for the drinks, guys! Nice to see Jumpers and Mark of BSM as well. I briefly met Kevin Whitcher, which was nice. Our Nick has passed me on Chris' NNC banner again, I shall bring it next time.

The van went down a treat, tons were taking photos and videos :mrgreen:

I'll be back for the mid-week protest against West Ham. WENGER OUT! :barscarf:
I saw the Wenger Out protest today, when they reached the steps next to the box office there was a few expletives thrown at them by fans waiting upstairs. One of them seemed to call out specific fans in the protest and suggest they wanted a fight. Pretty pathetic really, as soon as the protest made its way upstairs they where nowhere to be seen.

One thing I would say is it's good organising protests every game, but there's no more than a few hundred protesting at each game. That number needs to increase significantly if you guys want Wenger to feel the heat. As things stand it's another thing the football tourists get to snap on their day out at the Emirates, it needs to be bigger.

Liverpool fans are very good at protests, they saw off Gillette and Hicks plus more recently stopped the club from putting up season ticket prices,.

This has to be the most pathetic post I have ever seen on here.

You say that you "saw the protest" and then whine on about it should have been big ger!

Why did you not take part then!!! :banghead:
I was in the original protest vs Munich, will probably join again before the end of the season. But when mates want to go for a beer well away from the ground, and a few of them are akb's I am not going to say fuck you I am joining the march. We all respect each other's opinions and don't have punchups over it unlike some who had a pop at Claude.

Think you need to pipe down pal, the protests at best are small. There are still thousands that quietly support Wenger and you lot have to convince them that he needs to go. That is the reality, until you have 3-5000 in one of these protests then the club will view you as a nothing more than nuisance, Liverpool had it licked with Gillette and Hicks, they did everything they could in their thousands even tens of thousands. We will need something huge to even give Kroenke a nose bleed.

I will join a protest now towards the end of the season, when the cast is dye and we can really take some pot shots at the club. It would be far better to channel one huge protest preferably for a TV game than a series of small ones.

Gonna be joining us at the end are ya??? Don't bother,you're either in or out...you're on the fence.Sitting on yor arse drinking beer criticising those making some kind of effort
I have got the same problem with a mate of mine.
We have been going to games together,sometimes with a few others,for about 20 years.
He has gradually come to the opinion that it is time for Wenger to go,so I asked him if he was going to join in the march at the Leicester game.
He said no,"because he didn't want to be divisive,and it was a waste of valuable drinking time." :roll: :banghead:
I am therefore travelling down with him but we are going our separate ways at Finsbury Park and hooking up after the game.
I have also told him that as he isn't prepared to do anything about it,to never whinge to me about Wenger again.
It's like the fuckers who don't vote but moan about the Government. :roll: :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Lads -

Plans for the West Ham match!!

We are calling on all Arsenal fans to remain on the concourse until the 13th minute of the match.

This symbolises our 13 years without any kind of challenge for the Premier League title and it will be a very visual statement to the manager, the Board of Directors, the media and all Arsenal fans that England's 3rd most successful football club should not be under achieving in this way.

Please get this message out as widely as possible - stay out of your seat until the 13th minute against West Ham on 5th April 2017.

You can still watch the match on the concourse!!
Good to have a different angle on the protest, if enough do this again it will be very visible to the media. Is this the only protest on Wednesday ? Why I ask is that many protesters are actually not going to the games .

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

shu wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Nutflush, really this is incredible, and in a nutshell :wink: explains why nothing has changed over recent years. So you have friends who are akbs and you "respect their view" WTF there is not a shred of a view now that can realistically support Wenger other than misguided love for what "he did". Try burrowing into their mentality a bit. Either way you just tell them no beer or prawn sandwiches till the fraud is gone. They may understand a bit better, as it is you are just another of the ones who just silently sit there and let TOF continue his madness.

As for waiting till the end of the season IT IS FAR TOO LATE mate- he needs to go now, or announce its au revoir at the season end not wait till the season is ended no matches left and he is on holiday playing beechball. Another Judge me in May season goes by.

Can you not understand- get rid of Wenger first then focus on Kroenke. He is 3000 miles away, there cant be many fans who support him, but till his queen has gone absolutely nothing will change. He has no ambition other than kerching for our club we all know that.

Maybe your mates could just march with Kroenke out pieces of paper- it dilutes the message but at least gets them all making a presence. I am amazed. Im trying to be polite mate really take a long look at yourself mate and realise its your type that is contributing to the problem.
Mate, I have had countless rants about Wenger. It's one thing that we cannot agree on, there is no logic behind an AKBs thought processes but they are the blind masses. Whether I respect or don't respect their opinion is irrelevant, there is nothing I can do or say that will change their minds.

This is replicated all over the Emirates and why it's a massive ask to get any meaningful protest going.

I get annoyed when some random on this forum has a pop, without knowing the circumstances of my pre match plans. Quite often football is a good chance to catch up with people you haven't seen for a while. It's a bit off saying no I can't see you because I am going to a protest every match. I will be at another protest trust me, but don't worry about me worry about the people who won't change their minds.
Your pre match plans probably involve changing your tampax , i think you are on the wrong site you tool !
Lets not get offensive about it. I dont disagree with the view that he should but lets not get abusive

General

Re: Wenger Out protest - Wednesday 5th April 18:45 West Ham (H)

Post by General »

Come on let's lighten up. That was hardly abusive.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Bradywasking wrote:

We are calling on all Arsenal fans to remain on the concourse until the 13th minute of the match.

This symbolises our 13 years without any kind of challenge for the Premier League title and it will be a very visual statement to the manager, the Board of Directors, the media and all Arsenal fans that England's 3rd most successful football club should not be under achieving in this way.

Please get this message out as widely as possible - stay out of your seat until the 13th minute against West Ham on 5th April 2017.

Good to have a different angle on the protest, if enough do this again it will be very visible to the media. Is this the only protest on Wednesday ? Why I ask is that many protesters are actually not going to the games .
This could be good- the ticket exchange is absolutely amazing for this game- never ever seen so many seats available :shock: The ground could be pretty empty before 13 minutes however there are a lot of Gooner addicts who will struggle to avoid creeping in, many arrive late anyway :? :oops:

PS anyone got a membership they can allocate so I can get in with my lad :oops: PM please :oops:

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Hi Gooners,
you've made it on the german News ;-)
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fc ... 41635.html

Arsenal and Wenger
In the conflict
Part one wants the contract extension, the other fan camp the "Wexit": what will Arsenal with his longtime coach Arsène Wenger make?

Arsène Wenger, who has been coach of FC Arsenal since 1996. Before the game against Manchester City (2: 2), there was applause for the club, others protested and demanded his farewell.

"Every good story has an ending" stood on a poster, "Wexit" or "Wenger out" on others. Even at the US Wrestling Championship "Wrestlemania" in Florida was the arsenal coach theme. In the Orlando Citrus Bowl fans held a poster with the words "Wenger out", others with the title "Wenger in".

What is the club to do with its longtime and hard-to-say coach: extend or end the relationship in summer?

He is alleged to have a new two-year contract. A condition for this is that Wenger "becomes a driving force for change". That said Arsenal boss Ivan Gazidis at a meeting with fans before the game. There was nothing yet signed, he said, who announced some changes in the club without going into detail. There are many in the club who do not believe that Wenger is still the right man for change.

The Frenchman himself was covered after the duel against City. "I do not know how long I'm still here," Wenger said. "But I'm clear in my head, that's the most important thing, the decision will be soon."

The Fans are split as never before

It is uncertain how Arsenal's supporters would react to an extension of Wengers. Some of the fans protested in front of the stadium, others expressed their solidarity. "Despite everything that happened in the fan camp, our fans were fantastic today," the coach praised the mood throughout the game. "They brought us absolutely sensational through the difficult phases."

Even if the 2: 2 FC Arsenal in the duel for the Champions League places not help, Wenger could win the draw something positive. "We have shown great mental strength," he said. "We lay back twice and came back." The BBC Sport experts saw the same. They saw "signs of recovery" in the Gunners after the 3-1 defeats against Liverpool and West Brom. The tabloid "The Sun" even saw the "turning point".

Whether the draw for the London club really could have been the turnaround is already evident on Wednesday. Then Arsenal receives the latest also crumbling city rivals West Ham United.

Cheers,
Thomas

Herd

Post by Herd »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:I Noticed some well known home and away people in dark glasses there not to mention some senior herdsman !

I think you might need to round up a few of the Herd and get down there on Weds night !! Joking aside, the atmosphere was far more toxic yesterday and the level of menace is increasing. Add West Ham into the mix and Weds could get a bit tasty.

I made the point last night, but I'll repeat it.....what the fuck has our Club become ?!
Mate there were quote a few of the old guard in there I spotted at least 10 in the pics !
I have no idea who those people were who attacked Robbie but they shit the arsenal TV massive up big time !

General

Post by General »

Here's a video of the ruckus against big Rob. Not pleasant it must be said.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwQv2H7c6JA

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:I Noticed some well known home and away people in dark glasses there not to mention some senior herdsman !

I think you might need to round up a few of the Herd and get down there on Weds night !! Joking aside, the atmosphere was far more toxic yesterday and the level of menace is increasing. Add West Ham into the mix and Weds could get a bit tasty.

I made the point last night, but I'll repeat it.....what the fuck has our Club become ?!
And it's all because of one man.....and the greedy board who support him.

Myself,Pete, Stuart & Sean went & watched the game in the pub after the protests and we were the only ones not going mental when we equalised. In fact I was secretly hoping we would lose. Wins are only going to benefit one man and keep that stupid, miserable, under achieving record of his intact. Winning is of no benefit to any of us, losing keeps the pressure on him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:Here's a video of the ruckus against big Rob. Not pleasant it must be said.

That's shameful. Who are the two complete bellends in the baseball caps? :oops: :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:Here's a video of the ruckus against big Rob. Not pleasant it must be said.

That's shameful. Who are the two complete bellends in the baseball caps? :oops: :roll:
These are the kinds of morons we have going to Arsenal these days? Glad I'm out of it. :(

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:

The twats clearly came out for a scrap. I'm not a big fan of Arsenal fan tv to and the whole hyperventilation image but they are taking their frustrations out on the wrong person.

There were one or two resistances on the way to the ground yesterday too and one prick tried to grab the megaphone off me but once the voices increased they stepped the fuckout of the way.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

I know that we are all advocating peaceful demonstrations, but surely there has to be a point where some lads say "f.uck that" ? For me I would have always said that at best Robbie was playing devils advocate with his questions this season, or at worst he was a wenger defender, but there is no way that he should have been attacked like that, and there is no way that the nearby Gooners should have stood by and allowed it to happen :evil: Those c.unts needed a slap and it was typical of the mob culture that runs through society nowadays - aftv does their interviews after every single game, and on not one occasion has any single one of that mob challenged him, but yet put them all together and they become an all conquering fighting army :roll: They are cowardly b*stards and need a slap in the worst of the way, and as long as their aggression goes unchallenged both inside and outside the stadium, the attacks on peaceful wob's will continue :box: :box:

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

Bradywasking wrote:

Got to be honest, I think this will be a waste of time and won't have enough of an impact. Unless the stadium is completely empty it won't make a difference. A thousand odd fans coming in 13 minutes late is nothing.

Personally, I think we need to keep up the momentum of protesting outside the directors entrance and be as loud as we possibly can.