Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sidney

Re: Wenger Out protest - Wednesday 5th April 18:45 West Ham (H)

Post by Sidney »

Last edited by Sidney on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Sean wrote:Well it didn't happen. Only 20 turned up. Gutted. Some others were floating around, but no-one wanted to congregate. I had a nice long chat with Matty, Retro and a few others.

I just hope TOF doesn't sign his contract tonight after the flat track bully run over West Ham.

Wtf !! All in all, rather a disaster of an evening. As Sean says, only a handful of people turned up. Tbh I can't work it out. The numbers at the protests so far, while not earth-shattering, have been consistent and the media coverage has been growing. Our efforts seem to have had an impact, so........what the fuck happened tonight, where was everybody ??

Matty, Sean, myself and a guy who's not on this forum, sat on a fucking garden wall and vented our spleens about Il Duce and the Club for about 45 minutes, then all pissed off home. Frankly, I felt a bit like a sad old fucker, turning up for a demo that didn't happen, having a rant for a while, then walking off alone, through quiet streets, while everyone else was in the stadium !!

Then we stuff West Ham 3-0. They'll be getting the contract out of the drawer in the boardroom, filling the Mont Blanc with ink and putting the Louis Roederer Cristal on ice.

Bollocks ! Fuck it !! I hope the supine, brainwashed cretins in the bowl enjoy what's coming their way over the next two years and no doubt beyond.

This Club is dead. It's devastating to have to accept that. Fuck 'em all.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsene Wenger happy to hear Arsenal fans singing his name again after week of protest

But their chant was heard and its sentiment was relayed to its subject in his post-match press conference. “I'm happy when people are happy,” Wenger said when informed of the singing.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

What happened last night?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What happened last night?
Reality struck. The man is in control of his own destiny and won't go away, doesn't matter if 30,000 are protesting, he'll ignore it.

terry henry

Post by terry henry »

Disappointed with the turn out for the march. Thought we needed to keep pressure on the *word censored*

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

North bank lower area 6 only 3 of us did our 13 and went back no one noticed :banghead:
Last edited by Brightonnxtround on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Babu wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
"Better to waste a day of my life protesting, than to waste a decade of Arsenal's talent, time and almost incalculable financial resources, Arsene"
Mate that would take about 90 minutes to unfold :shock:

By the time you got to decade it would have been confiscated :lol:
I like it!

:lol: :lol:

Superb work! 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Don't be too disappointed - midweek non-televised game (with City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all playing) was always going To be flat in terms of public protesting.

Protests so far from the West Brom game onwards have been fantastic and got a tremendous amount of coverage. I think it's massively important to keep going but in reality the decision is made isn't it? I suspect it will be an extension, although a tiny deluded part of me thinks perhaps he has another job lined up and is waiting until they announce their manager is going to tell everyone. Clutching at straws I know.

Bottom line is the protests have had a huge impact in terms of bringing the scale of the dissatisfaction to the attention of the media and the club. Unthinkable that you'd struggle to find a mainstream pundit who thinks he should get a new deal - even six weeks ago you'd have been hard-pushed to find one who thought he shouldn't.

And whilst it's important that feelings are continued to be made clear and the protests are cathartic, nothing that happens on or off the pitch between now and the end of the season is going to make a difference to the outcome. If (and sadly when) he signs it won't be because Ozil turned up against West Ham and the protesters didn't - it will be because our board and majority shareholder are a fucking disgrace and most of the people that pack out the Bowl week in week out think that football and our club are both some kind of sanitised modern bollocks invented in the 90s.

Babu

Post by Babu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Superb work! 8)
There is a certain je ne sais quoi about it, isn't there.

FC Basel had a mini-protest about the Swiss FA making their Cup Semi-FInal game in Winterthur start at 18.45 yesterday evening because of the TV schedule, which was too early for many Basel supporters, so they smuggled over 100 footballs ( all sorts of balls actually ) into the ground and threw them onto the pitch, with a huge Banner with " we set the kick off time. They've done it before with tennis balls, but this one was something else.
Kick off delayed for 6 minutes.
I had a ticket for the other end, but sadly waited at home watching for the wham protest.

Article with a video...
http://www.20min.ch/sport/fussball/stor ... e-30305314

https://twitter.com/MatthiasDubach/stat ... 84810.html

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:Arsene Wenger happy to hear Arsenal fans singing his name again after week of protest

But their chant was heard and its sentiment was relayed to its subject in his post-match press conference. “I'm happy when people are happy,” Wenger said when informed of the singing.
And when people are unhappy, I don't give a fuck. I fucking despise the man. And from what I heard it was the WH fans singing his name...every other club will be deliriously happy if he stays on. Fuck people, is it seriously too much trouble to go protest for an hour ??

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

well the reality of the situation certainly hit home last night..

got to the "protest march" about 5 minutes late, - i looked up Avenell Road towards the East Stand, didnt look like there was anyone there and so thought I must have missed it. Went into Gillespie Road but could only see the regular match going "zombies" walking towards the stadium. Spoke to some guy selling copies of the Gooner and he told me that he thought that the march had been cancelled.

continued on to the stadium, got a beer in just before kick off and wondered how many people would not go in...then it hits you that most people are totally oblivious to any protest. there are of course the usual latecomers, but they were just heading straight to their seat.
watched the first 10 minutes on the TV, I certainly didnt appear to be missing much! then headed to my seat. the guy next to me was taking a selfie :roll:

easy 3-0 win (once we had scored the first goal) but West Ham offered so little it wasnt a proper contest. They could well get relegated.

basically the vast majority of the Emirates crowd are happy the way things are, it matters very little to them where we are in the league.
yes we might well get top 4 again, but really that is no longer a big deal I dont think. For those who dont go to games now you have to realise that like the manager they are not bothered about winning things anymore - going to the Arsenal in 2017 is about the day out, the experience, the buying of over priced crap food, the buying of plastic tat from the club stores. If Arsenal score 1 or 2 goals it is just a bonus.

I can't see an end in sight.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I was there last night too - I counted 13 of us, most of whom have already been on here to say they were there though if many more of us say we were there too it could become a bit like Anfield 89 where the away section that night must have housed 20,000!

I spoke to the guy with the leaflets (sorry, I didn't ask your name or introduce myself) then pushed off at about 7.

It would be truly embarrassing if he signed immediately after this game, as if it were some sort of proof that he still has what it takes. After playing silly beggars for over a month after he has said he knows what he is doing. I would actually respect them a little more if they waited until the end of the season before announcing it.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Herd

Post by Herd »

There where so many no shows in the ground it looked like there might be a huge influx ,but 13 mins came and went and I realised that people just couldn't be bothered to even turn up at all.
The Arsenal players entered into the spirit of things and didn't turn up at all until 2nd half which was nice but I didn't hear any chanting for wenger except the West Ham doing their version of the Okey Cokey plus the obligatory we want you to stay .
I left shortly after Giroud's wondrous strike maybe they did it then ?
The atmosphere was quite light ,not as toxic as I thought it was going to be at all.
Most people seem fed up with the subject and just want a decision either way !
All but a handful of seats around me were not taken by their owners though and were filled with half and half scarfed tourists .
I expect the contract to be signed very soon.
Last edited by Herd on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the number of people wearing a West Ham/Arsenal half and half scarf last night truly staggered me :shock:

this is supposed to be a London derby! what is going on these days! :?