Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mzk90

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by mzk90 »

armchair wrote:
mzk90 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Guys as said before unfortunately i wont be able to attend a midweek protest but i'd like to emphasise a few points:

3) If the fan groups are going to join in they cannot be allowed to take control, they have their own agendas and again in my opinion some of them are far too close to the club and unfortunately this causes a conflict of interest in any protest.

Good luck to you all :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

WENGER OUT!!
Can pretty much assure you that the BSM are not close to club at all and have no agenda.
Well we certaintly do have an agenda. And its getting rid of Wenger.
BSM got into bed with RA and signed up to that "protest" last season. They stole the message of Time For Change and watered it down rendering it totally meaningless. Pretty much fucked the work that some had been doing up to that point.

They have eyes. They can see Wenger must go. So its about time they grew a pair, got an agenda and helped us achieve that.
Their silence is fucking deafening.
Hmm, ok mate, we'll agree to disagree on that.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Ranieri sacked less than 9 months after winning the league.

And we've still got Wenger :banghead: after 13 years :banghead:

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

So can I just check a couple of things:

Meet at original East Stand
6pm on Tues 7th pre Bayern
March to Armoury where it finishes.
We're promoting this from now on SM to get as many there as possible.

Is 6pm a bit early? 1, for people to get there and 2, too early to get to Armoury to maximise publicity.

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Ranieri sacked less than 9 months after winning the league.

And we've still got Wenger :banghead: after 13 years :banghead:
Leicester City, just after putting a new meaning in F for fickle :roll:

Jumpers For Goalposts

mzk90 wrote:So can I just check a couple of things:

Is 6pm a bit early? 1, for people to get there and 2, too early to get to Armoury to maximise publicity.
Hi mate. Yes -

* Meet outside the old East Stand main entrance.
* Walk / march to the new stadium ( to symbolise leaving Highbury).
* Head to the Armoury where we can make as much noise as possible and get maximum publicity.
* Someone else has suggested massing outside the main entrance which we can assess on the night.
* Remain there as long as we can - increasing our chance of media attention.

* You're right - 6pm may be too early. But I'll be there at 6pm and if people are slow to arrive maybe we can delay our departure until there are enough of us, otherwise we might look like a group of mates going to the pub :lol:

I'll be there at 6pm and if this helps even in a small way, I'm more than happy to give up a few hours to bring about change at our great Club. I'm travelling up from deepest Kent but I've waited for this since 2009. Hopefully plenty more people will feel the same way and join us.

Look forward to seeing you there mate!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This might be a double-edged sword (depending on the numbers that turn up) but maybe contact a few media outlets (SlySports, BT, whoever) and let them know where and when you are meeting. Hopefully at least one of them might send round a reporter and camera crew to grab a few comments from those in attendance...

GTG

Post by GTG »

DB10GOONER wrote:This might be a double-edged sword (depending on the numbers that turn up) but maybe contact a few media outlets (SlySports, BT, whoever) and let them know where and when you are meeting. Hopefully at least one of them might send round a reporter and camera crew to grab a few comments from those in attendance...
Excellent shout. A good balanced interview prior or during the protest on BT or Sky would stop the press tearing into us as "idiots" because we all know most gooners that want Wenger out are able to put it across in a way that really doesn't have any come backs.

See Gary Neville for proof of that.

Jumpers For Goalposts

DB10GOONER wrote:This might be a double-edged sword (depending on the numbers that turn up) but maybe contact a few media outlets (SlySports, BT, whoever) and let them know where and when you are meeting. Hopefully at least one of them might send round a reporter and camera crew to grab a few comments from those in attendance...
I've been thinking about this too and you've used the exact phrase that has stopped me doing it. Double edged sword!!

We've absolutely no idea how many people are going to turn up. If I contacted Sky or BT and there only about 10 of us, the protest would be dead in the water. We'd look stupid and this whole thing would be so hard to arrange again.

I think it's better to start a bit early (hence 6pm) see how many we've got and if we've got a good turn out, then we can contact them. They'll have numerous reporters and camera crews right there so there would be minimal delay.

But - as ever I'd welcome any other suggestions because this is about all of us.

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
I've been thinking about this too and you've used the exact phrase that has stopped me doing it. Double edged sword!!

We've absolutely no idea how many people are going to turn up. If I contacted Sky or BT and there only about 10 of us, the protest would be dead in the water. We'd look stupid and this whole thing would be so hard to arrange again.

I think it's better to start a bit early (hence 6pm) see how many we've got and if we've got a good turn out, then we can contact them. They'll have numerous reporters and camera crews right there so there would be minimal delay.

But - as ever I'd welcome any other suggestions because this is about all of us.

This Is how I feel start slowly, see how many we have and more crucially how many we gain en route and whilst we're at the armoury .

What the concern is that without adequate numbers we might actually do more harm than good as everyone ( the club, the media etc) will assume the majority of fans want him to stay.

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

Was wondering if posting the forum link on Twitter was a good idea, as now the world (esp AFC) can see all that is being discussed on here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mzk90 wrote:Was wondering if posting the forum link on Twitter was a good idea, as now the world (esp AFC) can see all that is being discussed on here.
TBH the club monitor all social media and Gooner forums so unless you stick to email or PM then they are gonna get wind of it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the rumour true that someone is taking an effigy of Ty to burn at the end??? :lol:

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

OneBardGooner wrote:Is the rumour true that someone is taking an effigy of Ty to burn at the end??? :lol:
Maybe we could actually use Ty.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
mzk90 wrote:So can I just check a couple of things:

Hi mate. Yes -

* Meet outside the old East Stand main entrance.
* Walk / march to the new stadium ( to symbolise leaving Highbury).
* Head to the Armoury where we can make as much noise as possible and get maximum publicity.
* Someone else has suggested massing outside the main entrance which we can assess on the night.
* Remain there as long as we can - increasing our chance of media attention.

* You're right - 6pm may be too early. But I'll be there at 6pm and if people are slow to arrive maybe we can delay our departure until there are enough of us, otherwise we might look like a group of mates going to the pub :lol:

I'll be there at 6pm and if this helps even in a small way, I'm more than happy to give up a few hours to bring about change at our great Club. I'm travelling up from deepest Kent but I've waited for this since 2009. Hopefully plenty more people will feel the same way and join us.

Look forward to seeing you there mate!!
The Press entrance is also at The Armoury,and a few of the hacks will be there early to kiss the Glorious Leaders bottom before inserting their noses into the corporate hospitality trough

augie

Post by augie »

Might be just a small point, but I think that this walking from highbury "to symbolize leaving the old ground", is only going to muddy the waters and cause confusion - my feeling is that this is a protest against giving wenker a new contract and a call for a new manager to be appointed, so where we play and where we used to play has absolutely zero to do with that. Going with an agenda about "moving to the emirates to compete with the elite" or anything along those lines will only raise questions about our expectations - our protest should, in my opinion anyway, be built around the inability of a manager to recognize and correct problems which are being repeated season after season, and a manager that seems incapable of motivating or tactically organizing a team, and a manager whose methods are outdated and redundant in this era.