West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pete on the beach

Re: West Bromwich Albion (A) | PL | Sat 18 Mar 12:30

Post by Pete on the beach »

As previously mentioned I'm going to west Brom , if any of the lads going want to make contact so we know where we all are in our bit of just to put faces to names PM me Bd we can exchange numbers

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Perfect flying conditions here this morning, peerless blue sky and not even a breeze.

Let's hope Stella stays away from the midlands for the next three days........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 ... rm-stella/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:Perfect flying conditions here this morning, peerless blue sky and not even a breeze.

Fingers crossed. 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:Perfect flying conditions here this morning, peerless blue sky and not even a breeze.

Yeah,I am 30 miles south of Birmingham,and today we have a blue cloudless sky,sunny with just a light breeze. :barscarf:

I really hope we get "Chocks Away" as I know that we will get shitloads of abuse if it literally doesn't get off the ground

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

General wrote:Quick question - Do the Brom stewards pat down and search bags like the stewards at Cashburton ?
Yes, they have done for a couple of years, they are looking for missiles weapons and flares as that can get the club into trouble.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Theoperator wrote:
General wrote:Quick question - Do the Brom stewards pat down and search bags like the stewards at Cashburton ?
Yes, they have done for a couple of years, they are looking for missiles weapons and flares as that can get the club into trouble.
They are also looking for Marmite sandwiches as they are sponsored by Bovvreeel! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
They are also looking for Marmite sandwiches as they are sponsored by Bovvreeel! :lol:
:lol: :lol:

We are cernsideraahhbly richer thaahhn yow! :D :wink:

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

I firmly believe the only thing that will make Wenker go is dropping out of the top 4. Its clearly the benchmark of success by this Board. Wengers only remaining source of pride is his UK record of continuous top 4 finishes. He always reverts to this achievement when pressed. He wants to keep this run going as long as possible and no longer really cares about trophies.

Kroenke only cares about $$$ and the top 4 guarantees the $$$. Wenger has been told this. It's his remit, and he gets a fat bonus for it. Kroenke doesn't give a flying fck about Arsene personally or his dignity or 'earned right' to get us back into the top 4 should we finish below it this season at long last. Wenger will definitely go if and when it's mathematically impossible for us to finish top 4, which is probably going to be decided on the last day of the season.

I dont believe he has signed the offer to stay but will do so as soon as we finish top four. If we do. End of story.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Wengerballs wrote:I firmly believe the only thing that will make Wenker go is dropping out of the top 4. Its clearly the benchmark of success by this Board. Wengers only remaining source of pride is his UK record of continuous top 4 finishes. He always reverts to this achievement when pressed. He wants to keep this run going as long as possible and no longer really cares about trophies.

Kroenke only cares about $$$ and the top 4 guarantees the $$$. Wenger has been told this. It's his remit, and he gets a fat bonus for it. Kroenke doesn't give a flying fck about Arsene personally or his dignity or 'earned right' to get us back into the top 4 should we finish below it this season at long last. Wenger will definitely go if and when it's mathematically impossible for us to finish top 4, which is probably going to be decided on the last day of the season.

I dont believe he has signed the offer to stay but will do so as soon as we finish top four. If we do. End of story.
People say that Kroenke is only interested in the money, but he would make a damn sight more money if we were winning the league/champions league on a regular basis.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Wengerballs wrote:I firmly believe the only thing that will make Wenker go is dropping out of the top 4. Its clearly the benchmark of success by this Board. Wengers only remaining source of pride is his UK record of continuous top 4 finishes. He always reverts to this achievement when pressed. He wants to keep this run going as long as possible and no longer really cares about trophies.

People say that Kroenke is only interested in the money, but he would make a damn sight more money if we were winning the league/champions league on a regular basis.
But there's the rub, mate. Kroenke has probably been brainwashed by Wenger into believing that we would need to spend a lot more than we do to win those trophies. :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:

Would we make a lot more money by winning the league? I think there is approx £1m-£2m difference per place in the league so a club coming 4th earns £8m less than the Champions and the same Champions league money. Why spend £100m on getting a Championship winning team when you can come 4th every year and earn more??

Money men who own Arsenal dont care about trophies and neither does Wenger

NickF

Post by NickF »

flash gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:

Would we make a lot more money by winning the league? I think there is approx £1m-£2m difference per place in the league so a club coming 4th earns £8m less than the Champions and the same Champions league money. Why spend £100m on getting a Championship winning team when you can come 4th every year and earn more??

I was thinking more in terms of sponsors and gloryhunters who buy merchandise.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:

I was thinking more in terms of sponsors and gloryhunters who buy merchandise.
Yeah maybe but this day and age their is so much sponsorship money sloshing about a club like Arsenal doesnt miss out and ultimately it is dwarfed by the guaranteed TV money

mattyj3nks

Post by mattyj3nks »

Which pub is everyone planning on drinking in before the match?

My train gets into the hawthorns at 9:10am but the vine pub doesn't open until 10am so just wondering where to head once there.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

mattyj3nks wrote:Which pub is everyone planning on drinking in before the match?

My train gets into the hawthorns at 9:10am but the vine pub doesn't open until 10am so just wondering where to head once there.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Bargain Booze :D :wink: