The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Sanchez signs a contract, sees out his current contract or goes abroad. Any other option is just not acceptable

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:30 pm
Sanchez signs a contract, sees out his current contract or goes abroad. Any other option is just not acceptable
Unless you are the manager or on the board of Arsenal FC. :cry:

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:16 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 pm
Justinsaid wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 pm
But overall, this transfer is a positive thing for Arsenal. People will hate for the sake of hating.
Not hate, it is just that we have seen so many false dawns it is difficult to get excited.
It is the same manager, coaches and tactics that have failed so many times in the past.
Spot on, what is the saying? - fool me once, fool me twice, fool me three times, err...fool me four times, fool me five times.....

I stopped at twice, for some reason a large section of the Arsenal fan base have been fooled about 12 times!!.

:roll:
As long as we create chances, Lacazette will bury them. We haven't had a finisher/goal poacher in the side for years. We can now sell Giroud to anyone who is stupid enough to pay £20m for his services, and keep Welbeck as a back up.

Our slow demise over the last 10-12 years has been down to the lower quality of player throughout the squad and that is mainly down to one thing, money. Remember all of Wenger's successful sides where not coached in a traditional sense. We still need a DM and possibly one more defender.

I am not saying this will translate into a PL winning campaign but finally getting Lacazette, in relation to what we have can only be a step in the right direction.
Good man. Sometimes I think if we signed Messi, Ronaldo....other big players.....most on this site would say "we are shit". Well next week on my birthday I only have to drive 2 hours to watch Arsenal v Sydney FC which is both a lot cheaper and a lot quicker than the last time I watched our lot at the Emirates. Ps I'm a Newcastle Jets veteran and Sydney FC are like spurs to us.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lacazette officialy confirmed

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:45 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 am
BBC Website:

Arsenal's 32-year-old midfielder Santi Cazorla, who has not played for the club since October 2016 because of an Achilles problem, may miss the whole of the 2017-18 season. (Daily Express)

But hasn't wenker just given him another contract??? Even though he missed most of last season and was due to come back and the injury flared up again??? :?

Arsenal full-back Hector Bellerin, 22, has told the club he wants to leave, but manager Arsene Wenger has rejected the request. Barcelona want to re-sign the player in a £35m deal. (Daily Express)

Is this the same player who announced 2 / 3 weeks ago he was 'Staying' ? :?

Sanchez IS Gone BTW so anyone still foolish enough to think he is staying forget it.....He was seen in the Steam Engine pub around the corner from Maine Road this morning with his 2 dogs.
Come on now what are the sources for those Bellerin and Sanchez stories?, I know the club has a track record for letting us down but when I hear stories like this I think they are just designed to get clicks and have no basis at all, where are the pics of Alexis outside the pub?. :roll:

Agree on Cazorla though, just like many other examples (RVP) we are far too loyal to players, Santi is a great player and seemingly a nice guy but he's also a multi-millionaire, why are we wasting FANS money on giving players who have chronic injury problems new contracts?, we did the same with Diaby, I think someone worked out we wasted roughly £27M on wages for him!, Wilshere.. etc.

Just like my previous post about selling Walcott and Giroud, this is a reflection of Wenger's 'soft' attitude to players (coaches?) he likes, he is not ruthless enough and he needs to changes this, otherwise we'll just get more of the same and more Wenger out stuff for the next 2 years.

P.S would anyone take Cesc back?, I would be tempted.. but then we have Cazorla signed up for next year, I'm sure he'll be a big help :roll: see what I mean!!. :censored:
Would take Cesc back in a heart beat. Better than Ramsey by miles.

dave e

Post by dave e »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:45 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 am
BBC Website:

Arsenal's 32-year-old midfielder Santi Cazorla, who has not played for the club since October 2016 because of an Achilles problem, may miss the whole of the 2017-18 season. (Daily Express)

But hasn't wenker just given him another contract??? Even though he missed most of last season and was due to come back and the injury flared up again??? :?

Arsenal full-back Hector Bellerin, 22, has told the club he wants to leave, but manager Arsene Wenger has rejected the request. Barcelona want to re-sign the player in a £35m deal. (Daily Express)

Is this the same player who announced 2 / 3 weeks ago he was 'Staying' ? :?

Sanchez IS Gone BTW so anyone still foolish enough to think he is staying forget it.....He was seen in the Steam Engine pub around the corner from Maine Road this morning with his 2 dogs.
Come on now what are the sources for those Bellerin and Sanchez stories?, I know the club has a track record for letting us down but when I hear stories like this I think they are just designed to get clicks and have no basis at all, where are the pics of Alexis outside the pub?. :roll:

Agree on Cazorla though, just like many other examples (RVP) we are far too loyal to players, Santi is a great player and seemingly a nice guy but he's also a multi-millionaire, why are we wasting FANS money on giving players who have chronic injury problems new contracts?, we did the same with Diaby, I think someone worked out we wasted roughly £27M on wages for him!, Wilshere.. etc.

Just like my previous post about selling Walcott and Giroud, this is a reflection of Wenger's 'soft' attitude to players (coaches?) he likes, he is not ruthless enough and he needs to changes this, otherwise we'll just get more of the same and more Wenger out stuff for the next 2 years.

P.S would anyone take Cesc back?, I would be tempted.. but then we have Cazorla signed up for next year, I'm sure he'll be a big help :roll: see what I mean!!. :censored:
Would take Cesc back in a heart beat. Better than Ramsey by miles.
Never, he wanted to leave The Arsenal, almost went on strike to go. F--king him

NickF

Post by NickF »

nut flush gooner wrote:

As long as we create chances, Lacazette will bury them. We haven't had a finisher/goal poacher in the side for years. We can now sell Giroud to anyone who is stupid enough to pay £20m for his services, and keep Welbeck as a back up.

Our slow demise over the last 10-12 years has been down to the lower quality of player throughout the squad and that is mainly down to one thing, money. Remember all of Wenger's successful sides where not coached in a traditional sense. We still need a DM and possibly one more defender.

I am not saying this will translate into a PL winning campaign but finally getting Lacazette, in relation to what we have can only be a step in the right direction.
Absolute rubbish! He has money available for the last 3 or 4 seasons at least.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:07 pm
Going out on a limb here, but have you just seen the new Despicable Me film with all the minions gifs you've posted???

markyp

Post by markyp »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:29 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

cant believe people still think we had no money when gazidis and ken friar have said on more than one occasion that there was money but wenger wouldn't spend it

RobG

Post by RobG »

markyp wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 am
NickF wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

cant believe people still think we had no money when gazidis and ken friar have said on more than one occasion that there was money but wenger wouldn't spend it
We have always had plenty of money to spunk on preposterous salaries for numb nut idiots like Bendtner and Denielson and Song whilst being assured by Wenger that bringing in anyone different - read better - would 'kill their career'.

As it was, no assassin was required ; as they did it themselves.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Hmmm.... so stories being circulated (leaked by AFC?), that Sanchez is demanding £400K a week, coincidence this happens just after we sign Lacazette (replacement?).

Call me cynical but...

:rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RobG wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:17 am
markyp wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:00 am
NickF wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

We have always had plenty of money to spunk on preposterous salaries for numb nut idiots like Bendtner and Denielson and Song whilst being assured by Wenger that bringing in anyone different - read better - would 'kill their career'.

As it was, no assassin was required ; as they did it themselves.
Been saying it for years (as have many on here) the money was always there to improve the squad, Wenger refused to spend it on big signings and instead spent it badly on average and rubbish players, because his ego dictated he could take these useless players, pay them way over the odds in salaries and turn them into superstars. And he failed. Repeatedly. And he extended their contracts with pay rises. Repeatedly. :roll: :x

Nutflush - I cannot believe you are spouting the old "he had no money" rubbish. I honestly thought that myth had been totally blown out of the water by now. Even most AKB won't try that argument anymore when defending their lord and master, Kim Jong-Wenger. :oops: :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:13 am
Hmmm.... so stories being circulated (leaked by AFC?), that Sanchez is demanding £400K a week, coincidence this happens just after we sign Lacazette (replacement?).

Call me cynical but...

:rubchin:
It ain't cynical, mate - it's reality. The AFC Pravda PR spin machine is in full flow. If he leaves they've planted the seeds of "he was a problem in the dressing room, he was greedy," etc etc, and if he stays they can say "we still managed to keep him, in spite of his greed, aren't we great" and the AKB sheep will suck both stories up to suit the occasion... :roll:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10 will be happy about this, just taken a bet on Lacazette to outscore Lukaku in the PL next season. Even though I rate Lukaku £70m is a ridic fee.

Plastic mancs say that is the going rate, what does that make Griezmann worth then!