The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Apex-2575

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Apex-2575 »

I hate to be the one to say it but we will have a higher chance of winning the league/CL after Wenger is on his death bed because sadly that is when he is leaving Arsenal and only then.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Losing Sanchez is totally and utterly depressing .
Thanks Mr 30 years, thanks

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:12 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:48 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:37 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:14 am
Have

we

signed

anyone

yet

?
What

do

you

fucking

think?
It

was

a

rhetorical

question

:lol:
Don't

You

Think

I

Knew

That??

You

never

know

on

here

mate

this is getting silly now :lol:
What

Do

You

Mean?

"Now!"

It

Has

Been

Very

Very

Very

Very

Very

VERY

Silly

For some time. :mrgreen:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo shared an image of him holding his newborn twins. "So happy to be able to hold the two new loves of my life, but of course I am still Number One in my life" wrote the 32-year-old.

:shock:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Have we signed super Top Top Qualiteee yet?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wow....just saw that Sanchez interview. I thought it was 75% likely he was going before seeing it, it's 100% now. HE IS GONE.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:40 am
Wow....just saw that Sanchez interview. I thought it was 75% likely he was going before seeing it, it's 100% now. HE IS GONE.
What did he say to push that extra 25% into you rodders?

I've known for months he would go but I'm still really in a kind of denial until it happens... :( :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:03 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I've known for months he would go but I'm still really in a kind of denial until it happens... :( :|
He was asked if it was clear in his mind where he'd be next season and he replied yes but I can't tell you anything.

Not the words of a man staying at the club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

He was asked if it was clear in his mind where he'd be next season and he replied yes but I can't tell you anything.

Yeah just saw that now. Depressing stuff. :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Mbappe signed yet?

NickF

Post by NickF »

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

From Sky article:

When asked if he would be joining Bravo in Manchester, Sanchez told Sky Sports News HQ: "Good question. Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."

Sanchez was then asked if it was clear in his mind where he would be playing next season, and he said, while laughing: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you."

Then, in response to a question about the chances of him remaining at Arsenal next season, Sanchez said: "I don't know."

Would make me laugh if Wenger moans as this is exactly what he did with his contract when he dragged it out for 3 months.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:29 pm
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

From Sky article:

When asked if he would be joining Bravo in Manchester, Sanchez told Sky Sports News HQ: "Good question. Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."

Sanchez was then asked if it was clear in his mind where he would be playing next season, and he said, while laughing: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you."

Then, in response to a question about the chances of him remaining at Arsenal next season, Sanchez said: "I don't know."

Would make me laugh if Wenger moans as this is exactly what he did with his contract when he dragged it out for 3 months.
Sanchez learned at the feet of the Master... :x

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:53 pm
NickF wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

From Sky article:

He's a Citeh player now,I saw the press conference on SSN and he couldn't keep the,"Cat that got the cream," smirk off his face.
Adios Sanchez,good riddens you self obsessed,sulky :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

From Sky article:

He's a Citeh player now,I saw the press conference on SSN and he couldn't keep the,"Cat that got the cream," smirk off his face.
While I agree he acted like a complete cúnt with his hissy fits last season I still hate to see him leave. He is a world class player and we will miss him massively, mate. Of course if Wenger didn't make him play with shit like Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey and Walcott etc then he might not have gotten so frustrated to start with... :|

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:32 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

From Sky article:

While I agree he acted like a complete cúnt with his hissy fits last season I still hate to see him leave. He is a world class player and we will miss him massively, mate. Of course if Wenger didn't make him play with shit like Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey and Walcott etc then he might not have gotten so frustrated to start with... :|
But as you alluded to in a previous post mate that players just go for the money and that's why they run down contracts No doubt the agents have a hand in this, a player in his last year goes for cheap in comparison to a long term contract and that means a lot more in wages because the buying team have laid out far less.

If we are talking about lacazzette being worth 50 plus million then Sanchez would be 80 plus yet I can see him going for 35-40, that's a big saving and lots of leverage when contract negotiations start.

Anyhow as we all know he's off and we will buy some average player to replace him.

Glad it's cricket season.