The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by markyp »

I see we are already Sanchez bashing,shame on you lot,the guy has run his socks off for us,given it everything but the club doesn't have the same ambition as him so he wants to leave,i don't see the problem,yes its gutting but a more committed player we haven't see and wont see in years at Arsenal,the blame lies with Wenger not Sanchez

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Thoughts with Red Wankas and their "Good Boys" banner at this difficult time :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

markyp wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:13 pm
I see we are already Sanchez bashing,shame on you lot,the guy has run his socks off for us,given it everything but the club doesn't have the same ambition as him so he wants to leave,i don't see the problem,yes its gutting but a more committed player we haven't see and wont see in years at Arsenal,the blame lies with Wenger not Sanchez
i agree.
I will respect Sanchez more should he leave.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

markyp wrote:
Couldn't agree more, I'd leave if I could, but I can't.

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Here's the Sanchez interview...for anyone who hasn't seen it yet...
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... up-my-mind

Really does look like he's gone, and Ozil is staying.
We have to buy big now, and Lacazette seems to be the deal that is possible.

If Wham really are serious about Giroud and Walcott then I can hope that there will be another two huge signings coming in.

Of course if Wham really are serious then I would question their sanity.
We're stuck with those two *word censored* until their current contracts finish...and then a couple of seasons more, probably

MrT

Post by MrT »

Lacazette done, second underwhelming signing of the season and a club record fee.

markyp

Post by markyp »

MrT wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:51 pm
Lacazette done, second underwhelming signing of the season and a club record fee.
confirming Sanchez is off I guess :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:27 pm
markyp wrote:
i agree.
I will respect Sanchez more should he leave.
Agreed only winner in the whole bunch

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

markyp wrote:
agreed, i can't believe john cross has actually manipulated it to look like sanchez was sulking last season and people on here of all places have swallowed it ffs :oops: :lol:

i saw him a couple of night ago getting aggrivated and having a mild hissy fit v portugal in the confeds cup. that is how he plays, it's not about having a grudge or sulking. he is an emotional player, always has been.

hearing we are nearing the lacazette deal, you can only hope sanchez has not put pen to paper yet and this may change his mind, slightly? its the best we can hope for otherwise it's on step forward to steps back if lacazette is all we are bringing in.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Isn't Lacazette the bloke who is behind Giroud in the pecking order for France and has 11 caps at 26?

The bloke who is as supposedly hot property last year before being linked with West Ham and then going nowhere?

The guy who is so in demand that we face no competition for his signature?

Just Wenger giving the chairman of yet another French club wet trousers by his willingness to throw big money after average players.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:32 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:53 pm
NickF wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:29 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:10 pm

He was asked if it was clear in his mind where he'd be next season and he replied yes but I can't tell you anything.

Not the words of a man staying at the club.
From Sky article:

When asked if he would be joining Bravo in Manchester, Sanchez told Sky Sports News HQ: "Good question. Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."

Sanchez was then asked if it was clear in his mind where he would be playing next season, and he said, while laughing: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you."

Then, in response to a question about the chances of him remaining at Arsenal next season, Sanchez said: "I don't know."

Would make me laugh if Wenger moans as this is exactly what he did with his contract when he dragged it out for 3 months.
Sanchez learned at the feet of the Master... :x
He's a Citeh player now,I saw the press conference on SSN and he couldn't keep the,"Cat that got the cream," smirk off his face.
Adios Sanchez,good riddens you self obsessed,sulky :censored:
While I agree he acted like a complete cúnt with his hissy fits last season I still hate to see him leave. He is a world class player and we will miss him massively, mate. Of course if Wenger didn't make him play with shit like Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey and Walcott etc then he might not have gotten so frustrated to start with... :|
Good player,but another one with no loyalty.I will also concede that Wenker et al have totally mis-managed his contract run down,as they have with player after player.
We will sign a couple of 12 year old French guys with great potential,who will fade into obscurity like all the others,(what happened to that superstar that we signed from Hendesford?).
This club of ours are so confident in the financial and unquestioning Wenker love fest from the Tourist/hipster demographic,that they are secure in mugging off the Old Skool support.
We need to realise that we are surplus to requirements.
We ask too many awkward questions,are not pc enough,and do not empty our pockets into their coffers without question. :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:46 pm
Isn't Lacazette the bloke who is behind Giroud in the pecking order for France and has 11 caps at 26?
11caps and 1 goal. :|

his club record looks a lot more respectable tbf

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:46 pm
11caps and 1 goal. :|

his club record looks a lot more respectable tbf
I started a thread urging us to sign him,but that was about 2 years ago when we probably could have got him for about £20 Million. :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

£42m is not a top quality player price. It's a bang average price for a bang average player who isn't good enough for a top 5 European league. You might get the odd bargain player who comes good once in a blue moon like Vardy but £42m is the same as £10m two years ago. Lyon must be laughing at the fact that we're paying money for someone who should be going for £15m. He's not an international regular, he's playing in an average-weak league and he's no improvement on Giroud or Perez. This is a typical Wanker signing. No ambition, fucking obvious and totally fucking average. It's another player who won't challenge him and who won't believe his luck when we pay him £150,00 a week on a six year contract. He'll get 10 goals next season , he's just the updated, repackaged Chamakh.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

markyp wrote:
I agree that a lot of the blame should land in Wenkers lap,but don't believe for one second that Sanchez had any loyalty to anything other than his agent,ego,bank account,and dogs.
At the end of the day he couldn't give a fuck about Arsenal,or our fans,and if you believe otherwise you are deluded.
He didn't,"run his socks off for us," he did it for himself and his profile to potential suitors.
He is sadly in the majority now as far as players who use clubs as stepping stones and shop windows.
Wipe the stardust from your eyes and see these mercenaries for what they are.
They do not love our clubs like we do. :banghead: