The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Bob Bayliss »

So we may be selling Sanchez for £30million less than he is worth because his contract has been allowed to run down, and replacing him with Lemar who is probably worth £30million less than we are paying because we are paying a last-minute premium.

Surely if Kronke is bothered about money, this would alarm him

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:23 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:10 pm
fuck me backwards! We have offered €100m (£92) for Lemar. If Kroenke is watching this he'll have jumped up so fast his wig will be in orbit when he sees what Wonga has done!!
£92million ???? For another nippy midfielder ??? FFS - We need a defensive midfield monster or a thunderous centre half.

Does Wemger only look at one half of the pitch ????? :banghead:
More like both :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

£92m for lemar ?? Living proof why so many of us don't want the club to buy a single player today - how in gods name is this guy worth £92m ? The obvious answer is that he isn't worth anywhere near that money, but this is yet another example of wenger's gormless performance in the transfer window :oops: :oops:
Is it possible that le cock and the board actually believe signing this guy will appease the fans after this horrendously shit transfer window ? Words escape me :roll:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:25 pm
TeeCee wrote:
fuck me backwards! We have offered €100m (£92) for Lemar. If Kroenke is watching this he'll have jumped up so fast his wig will be in orbit when he sees what Wonga has done!!
£92million ???? For another nippy midfielder ??? FFS - We need a defensive midfield monster or a thunderous centre half.

More like both :rubchin:
Yeah - I should've said both. :lol:

We all know that Wenger is gonna blow a huge great stack of cash on yet another small, technical midfielder who disappears up his own arsehole when the pressure is on. EXACTLY WHAT WE DON'T NEED !!! :banghead:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

WENGER...WE NEED A FUCKING BIG DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER....OPEN YOUR EYES

Sean

Post by Sean »

All going to plan then, eh? :roll:

:suicide:

augie

Post by augie »

Think I have figured out why fat sam quit palace in the summer ......... simon Jordan - this w*nker is on ssn at the mo, and he is such a condescending dick and the type of guy that you would want to bitch slap after just 5 minutes of meeting him :roll: :evil: :censored:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

officepest wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:13 pm
Flogging Ox and Sanchez smacks of Cesc and the lesbian; minus the awful Lidl trolley-dash of incoming bargain-basement toss.

Promised myself I was done with Arsenal after the cünt signed on for another two years of hell. Didn't care about the fixtures so far, haven't posted in months and haven't even lurked but fuck it... this place is too much fun on Rodders' Day to let the corporate money-grabbers ruin what little enjoyment there is left to be had in picking the bones of Arsene FCs rotting cadaver.
I like the brutal eloquence of this post. Sums up exactly the last 2-3 months for me too.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I hope the Lemar deal doesn't go through. This is just a pathetic attempt at distracting fans from being angry about their best player going to a supposed rival.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

City have this transfer lark licked don't they.

Hello? We'd like to offer you £45m for Alexis. Rejected. £50m? Nope. £55 + add ons? Agreed!

Our brain dead fucks on the other hand.

Hello? We'd like to offer you £50m for Lemar. Sorry not for sale.

Ok how about 90 million? :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:

Jumpers...you don't need to ask that question do you ?.....and we don't need to answer it do we ? :D :wink:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:24 pm
So we may be selling Sanchez for £30million less than he is worth because his contract has been allowed to run down, and replacing him with Lemar who is probably worth £30million less than we are paying because we are paying a last-minute premium.

Surely if Kronke is bothered about money, this would alarm him
Pretty much.

Lemar was brilliant for Monaco last season and looks to be a very tidy player, always knew he was Alexis' replacement since he plays mostly on the left. Good signing if it happens but the desperation at Arsenal is amazing to watch.

You get the feeling this was the plan all along, sell Sanchez last minute, get a highly rated player that most people want and the backlash would be relatively muted, despite selling to a domestic rival. Could still be in profit despite spending £92m on Lemar.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm
City have this transfer lark licked don't they.

Hello? We'd like to offer you £45m for Alexis. Rejected. £50m? Nope. £55 + add ons? Agreed!

Our brain dead fucks on the other hand.

Hello? We'd like to offer you £50m for Lemar. Sorry not for sale.

Ok how about 90 million? :roll:

:lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sitting here trying to time my pecker explosion for when our Nat is on screen but terrified I'll blow my load when the camera pans to Simon Jordan :shock:

Our Nat's milkers look unreal today.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Sitting here trying to time my pecker explosion for when our Nat is on screen but terrified I'll blow my load when the camera pans to Simon Jordan :shock:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: