The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:37 am
Lacazette is odds on now to become an Arsenal player, I have seen bookies quoting 4/10 or less. He is a much better option up front than Giroud, can finish with his left and right foot both inside and outside the box. He also takes a mean penalty. How many times have we seen our players miss penalties in recent seasons. Personally I would take him in a heartbeat he is like a modern day Ian Wright. If we can keep Ozil, Lacazette will score for fun in the PL.
Latest on Lacazette from Lyon President...

Speaking to Canal+, Aulas said: "I do not think that Alexandre Lacazette will leave this summer."

Even a 1-12 odds on shot can loose

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:14 am
Have

we

signed

anyone

yet

?
What

do

you

fucking

think?
It

was

a

rhetorical

question

:lol:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 am
Lacazette does not want to join us. He wants to sign for A Madrid. Actually not many good players want to sign for us. Last season was Toxic and players are put off.
We are no longer a good option for players. Thanks Wenger
Usually I'd agree with that but with these modern mercenary bastard players? I reckon you can sign anyone you want if you pay them enough. They don't care that much about medals or trophies, just the money. Sure, they'd like to win a few medals, but not at the expense of that extra few million quid... :x :censored:
yeah maybe, but have NO confidence in our negotiating team, who are basically wankers

I agree with you both. Here's a thing if our negotiating team had done their job and given both Sanchez and Ozil a new deal with lots more money while they had about 2 half years left on their contracts both would have signed. Mainly because they had 2 half years left so why not sign a longer deal and get paid more for it. So many players allowed to run thier contract down is just crazy and Dick Law needs sacking along with anyone else who is not doing their job.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Would anyone else agree that:

Wenger and Dick Law and any other useless feck at Arsenal FC need a Good Kick in the Ball Bag for their (yet again) Utter Ineptitude in how they have and are conducting themselves in the Transfer Window/s. ?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Wenger is the only cock that signs a contract on deadline day....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:53 am

Wenger and Dick Law and any other useless feck at Arsenal FC need a Good Kick in the Ball Bag for their (yet again) Utter Ineptitude in how they have and are conducting themselves in the Transfer Window/s. ?
Nothing wrong with Richard, but when he opens up negotiations with "call me Dick" they actually literally do!...

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:

For Arsenal this is business as usual and is exactly what most of our supporters deserve.

GTG

Post by GTG »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:21 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

For Arsenal this is business as usual and is exactly what most of our supporters deserve.
Cant Disagree with that..... Loved the story in the Daily Fail today saying that we are willing to increase the wages of sanchez and ozil if they sign a new deal by 20% provided we finish in the top 4.

I know its always wise to take paper stories with a pinch of salt but would anyone be in the slightest bit surprised if this was actually true?

Yet further proof if any were needed that top 4 is what this club is all about.

MrT

Post by MrT »

NickF wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:01 pm
MrT wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Does it really matter at this point? We have actually gotten worse with Sanchez. He is not the type of player you build a team around. Not arsed if both him and Ozil bugger off. Wenger will still be in charge and it ultimately means fuck all.
Not actually Sanchez fault that we have got worse, he is easily our best player. Hate to disagree but he is exactly the sort of player we should build the team around.

Does amaze me when people say they don't care if he leaves....
That's because you lack any critical thinking abilities.

The club has regressed with Ozil and Sanchez, the FA Cups don't change that. Since Sanchez signed the club is further away than ever from a league title or the CL. That's obviously not all his fault, but the routine yearly spankings still occur, the embarrassments in Europe, when you expect our supposed world class players to show up when it matters they don't. Nothing has changed when you put everything in context. You still think it matters if he stays? Wenger is still running the show which means nothing will improve even if Sanchez is here. Sell him abroad and replace, like any supposed top club would.

He's been brilliant for the most part but you're all too damn sentimental about these players.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I'm 45 with a beer belly but I will sign for Arsenal. They just need to sort out my bourbon contract along with beer and in the summer cider.
I can last about 5 minutes on the pitch. Much less in bed that's why she left me.

MrT

Post by MrT »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 am
NickF wrote:
MrT wrote:

Does it really matter at this point? We have actually gotten worse with Sanchez. He is not the type of player you build a team around. Not arsed if both him and Ozil bugger off. Wenger will still be in charge and it ultimately means fuck all.
Not actually Sanchez fault that we have got worse, he is easily our best player. Hate to disagree but he is exactly the sort of player we should build the team around.

Agreed 100%. Sanchez and Ozil are the ONLY two world class players we've had in the last 5 years or so. One is a superb technician with true vision and the other an absolute powerhouse with world class skill, hunger and drive. Fucking ludicrous to say Sanchez is not the type of player to build a team around - he is exactly the type. A top modern manager would build a team around Sanchez and Ozil easily - put a top striker in there to feed off Ozil and link with Sanchez and add a couple of top midfielders and defenders.

Sanchez had a dip in form last season and no fucking wonder - he's had about two weeks off in the last 3 or 4 years and is trying to play top level football with only one other bloke on his team that can really think and operate at that level. The frustration must be fucking draining for him. :|
Bless, you still think Mezerrrt is world class. A player who shows up for about 15 games a season, lacks a spine and sulks when things don't go his way. There's a reason Madrid sold him. Get rid while he still has some value in the market.

You people are in dreamland. ''Put a striker in there to feed off Ozil etc etc'' You're acting like we have some forward thinking young dynamic manager in charge. WENGER IS THE MANAGER. It's his way and that's that. My point was we haven't improved as a team with players like Ozil and Sanchez as the focal point, in fact we have regressed in the the cups that matter. See Premier League and Champions league for references.

RobG

Post by RobG »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:02 pm
I'm 45 with a beer belly but I will sign for Arsenal. They just need to sort out my bourbon contract along with beer and in the summer cider.
I can last about 5 minutes on the pitch. Much less in bed that's why she left me.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MrT wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 am
NickF wrote:
MrT wrote:

Agreed 100%. Sanchez and Ozil are the ONLY two world class players we've had in the last 5 years or so. One is a superb technician with true vision and the other an absolute powerhouse with world class skill, hunger and drive. Fucking ludicrous to say Sanchez is not the type of player to build a team around - he is exactly the type. A top modern manager would build a team around Sanchez and Ozil easily - put a top striker in there to feed off Ozil and link with Sanchez and add a couple of top midfielders and defenders.

Sanchez had a dip in form last season and no fucking wonder - he's had about two weeks off in the last 3 or 4 years and is trying to play top level football with only one other bloke on his team that can really think and operate at that level. The frustration must be fucking draining for him. :|
Bless, you still think Mezerrrt is world class. A player who shows up for about 15 games a season, lacks a spine and sulks when things don't go his way. There's a reason Madrid sold him. Get rid while he still has some value in the market.

You people are in dreamland. ''Put a striker in there to feed off Ozil etc etc'' You're acting like we have some forward thinking young dynamic manager in charge. WENGER IS THE MANAGER. It's his way and that's that. My point was we haven't improved as a team with players like Ozil and Sanchez as the focal point, in fact we have regressed in the the cups that matter. See Premier League and Champions league for references.
"Bless"? :coffeespit: :oops:

Probably best not to try and patronise people just because you've been exposed talking out your arse. :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Dick Law was meant to be getting the boot as part of the catalyst for change stuff, but apparently Wenger thought tooth and nail to keep him.

sums us up. incompetency supports incompetence.

Herd

Post by Herd »

As I posted elsewhere , it is still Winter in Narnia and Ivan the terrible has been frozen and dealt with. Wengers Ice palace is strewn with the with the frozen corpses of those who have opposed him.