The "Stan Kroenke is a C**T" merged Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
cameron326
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:06 am

The "Stan Kroenke is a C**T" merged Superthread

Post by cameron326 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... a-juventus

Read this article today and it got me thinking: is Stan Kroenke the worst ever thing ever to happen to Arsenal? When the owner couldn't give two shits about any aspect of a club beyond the bottom line of the balance sheet, sporting excellence, which requires a whole other bunch of factors (such as those laid out in the article) being efficiently, relentlessly and wholeheartedly pursued is not going to be achieved.

The great myth peddled by Kroenke, and seemingly supported wholeheartedly by Wenger, is that great sporting success (which is afterall all 99.9% who follow the game are really interested in) will follow naturally on from fantastic financial health (aka money in Kroenke's pocket). It is decidedly not the case, as the different kinds of success are built in very different factors.

A successful team is built on player ability measured in £££, yes, but also motivation, work ethic, and everyone pulling in the same direction for the greater cause - a sense of history, expectation and greater purpose. Arsenal FC under Kroenke is effectively just a group of extremely well paid salary men putting in a 9-5 and then going about their other business (sports cars, model girlfriends) etc. It's a just a job.

User avatar
Babu
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Babu »

Fuck Juve, fuck all the Agnelli family, fuck FIAT, fuck Del Pierro, fuck Zoff and Causio, fuck John Charles, fuck Platini...and fuck Liam Brady for going there, and fuck him again for then not coming back to The Arsenal. Fuck Carlo Bigatto, fuck that whole cheating Agnelli family again, fuck every single player who has ever worn the shirt ( including Liam Brady )

Thank you Paul Vaessen.

Oh, and fuck juve, and the Agnellis.

And fuck Kroenke.


And fuck "having an owner".

User avatar
Babu
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Babu »

and fuck that stupid fucking zebra

User avatar
Babu
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Babu »

And rather than just saying "fuck juve" there is, of course, an alternative to having an owner.
And that would be the german model of 50+1

Sadly we missed that boat a long time ago.

If the football clubs in England had stayed as local member associations, instead of changing to commercial companies we would have had a chance.

Boring bit of History, for anyone who is interested and doesn't know it yet...but that's why we're not called Royal Arsenal Football Club.

We were playing at the Invicta Ground, and had problems with the landlord, and wanted to move back to the Manor Field. The Manor Field needed money for renovations and improvements, so the club voted to make a limited company to try and raise funds for the Ground.

You couldn't form a limited company with the word "Royal" in it, so the name chosen was The Woolwich Arsenal Football And Athletic Company Limited. Lovely.

26th April, 1893


Image

User avatar
Babu
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Babu »

So we need an owner, and by definition, billionaires are *word censored*.

Usmanov also seems to be a bit of a *word censored*.

Only Abramovich has really been a "good" owner for a Club, possibly the Thai chaps at Leicester. Unless I've missed one?!?

I had a vision a few years ago, of the Queen deciding to buy The Arsenal, restore the Royal Arsenal, and we would crush our opponents domestically by means fair or foul.

Not so sure if the trips to Europe would be any more successful, but surely domestically we would Rule the Roost.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17305
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by SteveO 35 »

Babu wrote:So we need an owner, and by definition, billionaires are *word censored*.

Usmanov also seems to be a bit of a *word censored*.

Only Abramovich has really been a "good" owner for a Club, possibly the Thai chaps at Leicester. Unless I've missed one?!?

I had a vision a few years ago, of the Queen deciding to buy The Arsenal, restore the Royal Arsenal, and we would crush our opponents domestically by means fair or foul.

Not so sure if the trips to Europe would be any more successful, but surely domestically we would Rule the Roost.
Can't see much wrong with City's owners - bought them the title and invested just about as heavily as it gets, on and off the pitch. The lack of European success hasn't been through their lack of effort - they've backed all the managers handsomely. Still - much rather have us living in the Socialist Republic of Arsene-l eh ?

General
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:34 pm
Location: London

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by General »

cameron326 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... a-juventus

Read this article today and it got me thinking: is Stan Kroenke the worst ever thing ever to happen to Arsenal? When the owner couldn't give two shits about any aspect of a club beyond the bottom line of the balance sheet, sporting excellence, which requires a whole other bunch of factors (such as those laid out in the article) being efficiently, relentlessly and wholeheartedly pursued is not going to be achieved.

The great myth peddled by Kroenke, and seemingly supported wholeheartedly by Wenger, is that great sporting success (which is afterall all 99.9% who follow the game are really interested in) will follow naturally on from fantastic financial health (aka money in Kroenke's pocket). It is decidedly not the case, as the different kinds of success are built in very different factors.

A successful team is built on player ability measured in £££, yes, but also motivation, work ethic, and everyone pulling in the same direction for the greater cause - a sense of history, expectation and greater purpose. Arsenal FC under Kroenke is effectively just a group of extremely well paid salary men putting in a 9-5 and then going about their other business (sports cars, model girlfriends) etc. It's a just a job.

I read this article last week and the media love in is sickening really. Of course we would all love an owner who allows the club to get dragged into match fixing and eventual relegation. That would be really nice.

Tommy_Goon
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:54 am

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Tommy_Goon »

I'm pretty sure Kroenke does not follow how we do regularly. he probably gets a monthly update from his PA. He's got an NFL team relocating that's preoccupying him now or his 500 acre ranch or whatever the fuck size it is.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6225
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Gunner Rob »

Tommy_Goon wrote:I'm pretty sure Kroenke does not follow how we do regularly. he probably gets a monthly update from his PA. He's got an NFL team relocating that's preoccupying him now or his 500 acre ranch or whatever the fuck size it is.
I imagine there are 2 things he looks for each year:

1. season ticket renewals - this is what the business model is based on
this gets a ticked box each year so he sees that the supporters continue to be happy
2. qualification for the last 16 of the CL - Wenger gets a Xmas bonus

everything else is irrelevant - if we miss out on the top 4 the season ticket holders will just get Champions League prices for Europa Cup football.
no big deal for Kroenke - again if everyone renews then this just demonstrates everyone is happy with the way things are going

User avatar
Babu
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Babu »

Gunner Rob wrote: I imagine there are 2 things he looks for each year:
I imagine there is one thing that he looks at every day, a couple of times a day possibly, and that's the share price. That's how easy it is.

Are Arsenal doing well?
Yes, they are.

I'll tell you how well they are doing.

On the 13th April, 3 days after our utter humiliation at Palace, at one of the lowest points of Wenger's term here, an Arsenal share was traded at £18,250. That is the record price paid for an Arsenal share. OK, it was only 1 share, but it was the record price paid for an Arsenal share.

That values the Club at £1.135 billion

He has made close to £350m profit from the Club. ( obviously he would have to sell the shares, but there is no shortage of buyers )

https://markets.ft.com/data/equities/te ... ?s=AFC:ISD

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6635
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by StuartL »

cameron326 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... a-juventus

Read this article today and it got me thinking: is Stan Kroenke the worst ever thing ever to happen to Arsenal? When the owner couldn't give two shits about any aspect of a club beyond the bottom line of the balance sheet, sporting excellence, which requires a whole other bunch of factors (such as those laid out in the article) being efficiently, relentlessly and wholeheartedly pursued is not going to be achieved.

The great myth peddled by Kroenke, and seemingly supported wholeheartedly by Wenger, is that great sporting success (which is afterall all 99.9% who follow the game are really interested in) will follow naturally on from fantastic financial health (aka money in Kroenke's pocket). It is decidedly not the case, as the different kinds of success are built in very different factors.

A successful team is built on player ability measured in £££, yes, but also motivation, work ethic, and everyone pulling in the same direction for the greater cause - a sense of history, expectation and greater purpose. Arsenal FC under Kroenke is effectively just a group of extremely well paid salary men putting in a 9-5 and then going about their other business (sports cars, model girlfriends) etc. It's a just a job.

I'm not sure if our "custodians" hadn't sold out that things would be too much different with them still at the helm instead of being impotent de facto board members in name only. (those that are left)

Can you see any of our liver spotted leeches telling Arsene that he doesn't know what he is doing ?
Or being brave enough to tell the Emperor in his new clothes that the "beautiful football" is in fact turgid, boring shite ?

Kronke hasn't invested (other than in the shares) but neither did our previous incumbents, they were all too happy to sell us out for many millions
- he is however guilty of complete apathy to the on field results as long as his investment continues to grow, which it does thanks to tv deals, etc etc, not due to good management or success where it matters ( on the pitch )

I sincerely hope at some point he intends to cash in, collect his substantial equity and fuck off, but we need an owner who will want to take the club forward to the promised land, that may be Usmanov, it might not be, but it sure as heck wont be silent stan.

supergeorgegraham
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Northampton

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Stan has had it so easy. He purchased the club at the right time and had both stadium income and huge tv money making his investment money.
All he has ever had to do is sit back and see How much profit he has made.
Our only hope is the TV money reduces which is must do because Sky are struggling after paying 11 Million per game. If he is a very good buisness man he might sell at the right time when the shares are at there max level. As we know he does not have a history of selling.
Most owners would have got rid of Wenger but Stan loves the cash

Chopper
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:54 pm
Location: Haverhill

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Chopper »

Kroenke worries me more than Wenger at present (if that is at all possible!).

AW goes and there is nothing to say SK won't appoint someone who will fit into his business model rather than someone who can make us competitive on the pitch.

Any gardener knows you don't just pull out the weed you need to take the root out as well.

If we could get rid of both then we might push on to be the club we should be.

General
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:34 pm
Location: London

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by General »

Chopper wrote:Kroenke worries me more than Wenger at present (if that is at all possible!).

AW goes and there is nothing to say SK won't appoint someone who will fit into his business model rather than someone who can make us competitive on the pitch.

Any gardener knows you don't just pull out the weed you need to take the root out as well.

If we could get rid of both then we might push on to be the club we should be.

I would be interested to know how Kroenke worries you more, considering the performances we've seen on the pitch, having spent close to £100m this season? Is the evidence based on his actions since becoming a majority shareholder or his ownership of sports franchises which have very little in common with the way a major PL club operates.

How can we get rid both? We could do with some pragmatic ideas on how to overcome this mutual exclusivity. None forthcoming so far especially from those who insist Kroenke is the big bad evil.

User avatar
Herd
Posts: 6286
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:00 am

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by Herd »

David Dein and Danny Fizman were the worse thing that ever happened to Arsenal .

The only thing Silent Stan is guilty of is overpaying for his shares !

He has employed Gazidis to oversee things and for him there is no crisis ,the tills are still ringing and the cash is piling up !

Thank the Lord for Ushmanov for otherwise Silent Stan may award himself a massive dividend

Post Reply