Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

Post by Bradywasking »

Sky just want to drool at Liverpool returning to their rightful place in Europe's top competition..Their love for the bin dippers nearly matches their love for Spuds

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Must remember the Koeman factor, loves beating wenger.
Last time we played Everton at the end of season when they had nothing to play for we put 7 past them one of the best games I ever saw at Highbury.
All evertonians I know have said if beating them puts Liverpool in 5th then they'll accept defeat.
I'll say it again, we don't deserve top 4 finish but I'd love to finish above Liverpool.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

canonspark wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:a bit odd that this match has not been selected for TV coverage and yet Man City have pretty much guaranteed a top 4 finish

Both Liverpool and Man City games are being shown live

looks like SKY give us absolutely NO HOPE :lol: :lol: :lol:

sky probably assuming we will win and the drama will be if one of them goes one down
Yes but even if City lose they still qualify -unless they lose about 4-0 which won't happen.

The City game is a complete non event

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Gunner Rob wrote:
canonspark wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:a bit odd that this match has not been selected for TV coverage and yet Man City have pretty much guaranteed a top 4 finish

sky probably assuming we will win and the drama will be if one of them goes one down
Yes but even if City lose they still qualify -unless they lose about 4-0 which won't happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39944529

plenty more to it than that

silus

Post by silus »

rodders999 wrote:Wenger's last ever home game....we fucking made it :barscarf:
That's exactly the reason I think he's staying.
After the Bayern away leg I was convinced he was done, since then I've slowly realised that he's not going anywhere. If this was his last game, he wouldn't want to go without a fawning, worshiping, celebration of his greatness, from fans and media alike.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Posted this on the other thread but it might be appropriate here......
It's possible the match against Everton at the Emirates on Sunday could be Wengers last ever league game as Arsenal manager.

In view of this possibly momentous occasion and in recognition of Wengers service to our club I'd like anyone who is going to the game to drop me a PM so we can arrange to give him a fitting send-off.

If youre up for it, it is genuinely our last chance to give Arsene the farewell he so richly deserves...

Drop me a PM.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

silus wrote:
That's exactly the reason I think he's staying.
After the Bayern away leg I was convinced he was done, since then I've slowly realised that he's not going anywhere. If this was his last game, he wouldn't want to go without a fawning, worshiping, celebration of his greatness, from fans and media alike.

But whenever he now goes he will not get this. He has slowly but surely burned his bridges with too many who may not still love him but at least respected him for his earlier achievements. If he goes in two years time his last home game will be even more of a whimper than it would have been on Sunday, and it will be all his own fault
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Wed May 17, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Really hope you're right Rodders!

I was at his first ever game away at Blackburn so I'll be attending the Everton game hoping I've also seen his long overdue last league game!

Come on Arsene, claim top 4, win the FA Cup and please leave on a high!

Clash

Post by Clash »

canonspark wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
canonspark wrote:

Yeah there is a number of possibilities, including a possible play-off between Arsenal & Liverpool if this happens:

Arsenal 1 v 1 Everton
Liverpool 0 v 2 'Boro

Both teams would be level on points, goal diff and goals scored.

Same thing if Arsenal win 3-1 and Man City lose 5-2 (can probably rule that one out though :wink: ).

Just a 1-0 loss for City and a 4-0 win for Arsenal will see Arsenal finish above Man City on goals scored though.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:

I was at his first ever game away at Blackburn so I'll be attending the Everton game hoping I've also seen his long overdue last league game!

If he achieves either of those (4th now looking highly unlikely) he will Stay. :? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
canonspark wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
canonspark wrote:

Yeah there is a number of possibilities, including a possible play-off between Arsenal & Liverpool if this happens:

Arsenal 1 v 1 Everton
Liverpool 0 v 2 'Boro

Both teams would be level on points, goal diff and goals scored.

Same thing if Arsenal win 3-1 and Man City lose 5-2 (can probably rule that one out though :wink: ).

Just a 1-0 loss for City and a 4-0 win for Arsenal will see Arsenal finish above Man City on goals scored though.
Let's see now:

Arsenal v Everton

Liverpool v Boro

Watford v Man $hitty

Now if you/anyone had to choose a Win, A Lose and Draw across those three games who do you think would either Lose or Draw, as in 'Bottle it' ? :? :cry: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Seeing as it's the final week-end of the Season...how about a little forecasting.? :barscarf:

Sunday 21st May 2017 - All Games Kick-off at 3pm.

Arsenal v Everton: 2 -2

Burnley v West Ham United: 1 - 2

Chelsea v Sunderland: 4 - 1

Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur: 1 - 3

Leicester City v Bournemouth: 1 -1

Liverpool v Middlesbrough: 2 - 0

Manchester United v Crystal Palace: 2 - 1

Southampton v Stoke City: 1 - 0

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion: 1 - 1

Watford v Manchester City: 1 - 3

Thursday Night Football here we come.

#WENGEROUT

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

g88ner wrote:

g88ner....I've been reading this forum for a few years and I've had you down as a fairly lukewarm "Wenger Out", although you seem to agree that it's time for a change. I've also concluded that you're an intelligent and articulate bloke.

Now the rub.....do you honestly believe that if he got top 4 and won the Cup, that he would leave ?? I don't want to be offensive (although i suppose it's somewhat unavoidable with what I'm going to say), but there's a huge difference between intelligence and intuition / insight and I'm amazed (although you are far from alone) that a bright guy could believe he would leave. Every shred of evidence about the character of the sociopathic, egotistical, megalomaniac that is Arsene Wenger, tells anyone with even a modicum of intuition, that he wouldn't walk away if he got us relegated, let alone if he had a little success with which to justify another 300 years at the helm.

Like I said, I'm not wishing to be offensive, it just never ceases to amaze me that people can't see this man for what he is and how he behaves. Sadly, there are huge numbers (probably still a majority) that see things your way.

Herd

Post by Herd »

unlikley but more than possible and knowing TOF luck mmmmm

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

g88ner....I've been reading this forum for a few years and I've had you down as a fairly lukewarm "Wenger Out", although you seem to agree that it's time for a change. I've also concluded that you're an intelligent and articulate bloke.

Now the rub.....do you honestly believe that if he got top 4 and won the Cup, that he would leave ?? I don't want to be offensive (although i suppose it's somewhat unavoidable with what I'm going to say), but there's a huge difference between intelligence and intuition / insight and I'm amazed (although you are far from alone) that a bright guy could believe he would leave. Every shred of evidence about the character of the sociopathic, egotistical, megalomaniac that is Arsene Wenger, tells anyone with even a modicum of intuition, that he wouldn't walk away if he got us relegated, let alone if he had a little success with which to justify another 300 years at the helm.

Like I said, I'm not wishing to be offensive, it just never ceases to amaze me that people can't see this man for what he is and how he behaves. Sadly, there are huge numbers (probably still a majority) that see things your way.
No offence taken mate! It was wishful thinking Retro :( I'm afraid I have zero confidence in the man walking away regardless of how our season ends in the coming fortnight. It would be great if he used the FA Cup as a final goodbye but he had that same opportunity against Hull a few years back and took the selfish decision to sign a new contract even though it was clearly wrong for the club :(

Wenger has to go; there's no other logical option at this point. I still hope he will but can't say I'm confident at all.