Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

Post by rodders999 »

So that fucking parasite Kroenke finally speaks and he wants to win the league and make us a European force :coffeespit:

Sure you do mate, sure you do.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

rodders999 wrote:So that fucking parasite Kroenke finally speaks and he wants to win the league and make us a European force :coffeespit:

Just posted about that on the Wenger thread, can't use winners, force in Europe in the same sentence as AW, but SK still talks about backing him :banghead:

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

European force? Yeah employ a manager who has never won a European trophy. Announce that this is your intention the season we don't qualify for the tournament which defines who is a European force. Go for such a lofty goal when none of your sport franchises in the USA ever wins anything.

The sad thing is Arsenal are his most successful team (.on the field anyway).I assume some of his other franchises make more money

General

Post by General »

I wonder what Dein makes of this whole situation. He found both of them after all. I think Usmanov actually reached the 30% takeover trigger mark before Stan or at least accumulated more shares before our greedy board members offloaded their shares to Stan. It's just strange how we've ended up in this slow train crash. A parasitic owner, an outdated manager and a deeply divided fan base. It wouldn't happen at any other club. We'd be in a totally different place if Dein had managed to push through his plans and got Bracewell-Smith to sell her shares to Usmanov

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:So that fucking parasite Kroenke finally speaks and he wants to win the league and make us a European force :coffeespit:

Wants to do those two things.......then extends TO1AW's contract. Ever heard of "mutually exclusive" Wiggy me old mucker ?

armchair

Post by armchair »

Usmanov voices his opinion of Wenger......

phpBB [video]

armchair

Post by armchair »

Usmanov: "Arsenal must keep Wenger"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... er-usmanov

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

armchair wrote:Usmanov: "Arsenal must keep Wenger"

If it came down to a straight choice to keep wiggy or le fraud, I'd ditch the yank in a heartbeat knowing full well that no other owner would put the repeat failures of Wenger

armchair

Post by armchair »

Rid the club of Kroenke or Wenger? And youd choose to keep Wenger?

I swear I despair sometimes. :|

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

armchair wrote:Rid the club of Kroenke or Wenger? And youd choose to keep Wenger?

What he is saying that once Kroenke is gone Wenger will be out the door sooner than if kroenke stayed

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

\Word is rife up here on Merseyside that if he fails with his bid for Arsenal, he'll sell his shares in Arsenal and invest heavily in Everton. One of Usmanov's company already own part of everton, so the timing of the announcement of his bid, before we play Everton makes it even more intriguing.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

armchair wrote:Usmanov: "Arsenal must keep Wenger"

Armchair a lot has changed in the 14 months since that article, for one thing the man is actively trying to buy the club, there's a big difference between supporting someone you have no say in removing and being his boss and him not performing for you.

Once again your hatred of Wenger is clouding the blindingly obvious, if Kroenke stays i fear so does Wenger probably on a two year contract, were Usmanov to take over AW probably stays in the short term but i dont think he would be given as much leeway and is therefore likely to last considerably less time.

As others have stated Kroenke has openly said in the past 'you don't get involved in sport to win trophies', i've never heard it or anything similar said by Usmanov. So i'd rather back Usmanov and chance that he'll get fed up of Wenger quickly than settle for Kroenke who we know is only interested in his financial portfolio of which our club is only part and who at the moment still seems happy to support Wenger.

I'm very concerned over the change of tune by AW on the DoF position as well, two weeks ago he was acting like it was his way or nothing, now he is talking about accepting changes, something tells me he's been given an ultimatum and has decided to back down to keep his job, which again leads me to believe the contract is definitely there to be signed otherwise i couldn't see him swallowing his pride, i also see it as a DoF puppet appointment he must be aware of and happy with which does not bode well.

Guess we'll all find out soon enough though :rubchin:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

armchair wrote:Rid the club of Kroenke or Wenger? And youd choose to keep Wenger?

Read the post again...the new chairman would rid us of Wenger, you are deluded if you think he'll go anywhere while wiggy is in charge, he has to go first!

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

What he is saying that once Kroenke is gone Wenger will be out the door sooner than if kroenke stayed
Exactly

General

Post by General »

Nos89 wrote:\Word is rife up here on Merseyside that if he fails with his bid for Arsenal, he'll sell his shares in Arsenal and invest heavily in Everton. One of Usmanov's company already own part of everton, so the timing of the announcement of his bid, before we play Everton makes it even more intriguing.
His company does not own part of Everton. His business partner Farhad Moshiri does and owns 50% of Everton. They jointly owned Arsenal shares until Usmanov bought him out last year. Moshiri, Usmanov and another businessman own a company called USM Holdings ( Usmanov-Skoch-Moshiri) a metal and mining company which sponsors the Everton training ground.