Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

Post by armchair »

greengooner wrote:
armchair wrote:Rid the club of Kroenke or Wenger? And youd choose to keep Wenger?

I swear I despair sometimes. :|
Read the post again...the new chairman would rid us of Wenger, you are deluded if you think he'll go anywhere while wiggy is in charge, he has to go first!
I think you need to read your post again gg.
You said if you had a choice you would keep Wenger.
Why would you keep him, and then wait, hope and just expect someone else (a new owner) to "rid us of Wenger"
You said if it was your choice to get rid of Kroenke or Wenger youd keep Wenger. Why wait?

Post by 1989 »

Knowing our luck, Usmanov's bids will get turned down and he'll have enough and decide to take over Everton, turning them into a force.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

He will be at Everton before the start of next season so don't get excited

armchair

Post by armchair »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
armchair wrote:Rid the club of Kroenke or Wenger? And youd choose to keep Wenger?

What he is saying that once Kroenke is gone Wenger will be out the door sooner than if kroenke stayed
No mate the choice was to.......
either get rid of Kroenke or Wenger. How does getting rid of Wenger mean Wenger stays? :?

That just don't make sense.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Muzzzy if that article from 14mths ago is too old here's one quoting Usmanov as saying Wenger should stay and pick the new man.
It's from a month or so ago I think.

Everything Usmanov has said publicly has always been to back Wenger. I don't see how we can just assume that he feels otherwise privately.
Is there a quote, a link to anything that he's said that would indicate he'd get rid of Wenger?

Anyway I know we're all just speculating right now. I believe we've just about done enough and Gazidis will win the day and Wengers last ever game as Arsenal manager will be the FA CUP final, win or lose.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... er-usmanov

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

armchair wrote:
greengooner wrote:

Read the post again...the new chairman would rid us of Wenger, you are deluded if you think he'll go anywhere while wiggy is in charge, he has to go first!
Why would you keep him, and then wait, hope and just expect someone else (a new owner) to "rid us of Wenger"
You said if it was your choice to get rid of Kroenke or Wenger youd keep Wenger. Why wait?
Ok...if you have your way and Wenger leaves or gets sacked, what happens?..a man with fuck all football knowledge and zero ambition to win trophies gets to appoint his replacement, you think this is a good thing...really! God knows who wiggy will appoint as our new manager, it will be a mid table appointment, a yes man to continue our business model and our descent down the table. Kronkes lack of ambition enables Wenger to continue his lunacy, yes he has to go but wiggy will never sack him so therefore he has to go first, its that simple, kronke out first and usmanov will get rid of Wenger. What part of this is hard to understand?, both have to go or we are doomed to mid table obscurity.
So yes if I had to choose one of them to go, I'd get rid of kronke, without his tacit approval Wenger would be gone in 6 months

armchair

Post by armchair »

My way is to get Wenger Out now. Today.
He's harming us right now.

Can't believe that those who've been slating Wenger for years and calling for his head are now saying he should stay because......"who would replace him?"

Like who could do a worse job with the resources that Wenger has? Like really?

armchair

Post by armchair »

As with any new manager. It's always a gamble who takes over after Wenger. Might be a success. Might not.

The foolish thing is to wait. Keep Wenger and hope someone else sacks him when you have the choice to do it now?

NickF

Post by NickF »

greengooner wrote:
armchair wrote:
greengooner wrote:

Ok...if you have your way and Wenger leaves or gets sacked, what happens?..a man with fuck all football knowledge and zero ambition to win trophies gets to appoint his replacement, you think this is a good thing...really! God knows who wiggy will appoint as our new manager, it will be a mid table appointment, a yes man to continue our business model and our descent down the table. Kronkes lack of ambition enables Wenger to continue his lunacy, yes he has to go but wiggy will never sack him so therefore he has to go first, its that simple, kronke out first and usmanov will get rid of Wenger. What part of this is hard to understand?, both have to go or we are doomed to mid table obscurity.
So yes if I had to choose one of them to go, I'd get rid of kronke, without his tacit approval Wenger would be gone in 6 months
Genuine question, how many owners actually select and hire the managers themselves?
Wouldn't they hire someone to do this for them or at least advise them?

armchair

Post by armchair »

It'd be a board decision.

Unless Usmanov is in charge then it's Wengers decision............
Can't believe anybody wants that? :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

NickF wrote:
greengooner wrote:
armchair wrote:
greengooner wrote:

Genuine question, how many owners actually select and hire the managers themselves?
Wouldn't they hire someone to do this for them or at least advise them?
I would assume that would fall under Gazidis' remit - a chance for him to earn his salary.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

armchair wrote:It'd be a board decision.

How is it wengers decision if usmanov is in charge?

armchair

Post by armchair »

greengooner wrote:

Read the quotes I posted above mate. Usmanov wants Wenger to stay and pick new manager

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

armchair wrote:
greengooner wrote:

Read the quotes I posted above mate. Usmanov wants Wenger to stay and pick new manager
That makes a great sound bite doesn't it, as soon as usmanov gets in the door he'll be in charge and then we will see, you don't become a billionaire by being a nice guy, it will be his way or the highway. He has to make nice noises about le fraud, the AKB brigade will believe every word of it and most of the Wenger out's will see it for what it is...pr bullshit/spin. Mission accomplished for him then, 90% of the fanbase behind his bid.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Maybe.
But we can only go by what he actually says. Can't just decide he didn't mean what he said because we reckon he might do this or might do that.