Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am
Token PC horseshite like this bollocks from RTE (Irish TV station);

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/fifa-wor ... ocid=ientp

They can fuck off. I will not watch one minute of their coverage. What the fuck input has some unknown woman and some female ex-goalkeeper got to share with us on the men's game? Arseholes. :roll: :censored:
what thye failed to mention in her list of 'controversies' was the disgusting 'leaked' pics of her. trust me pretty it aint.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:34 am
Poor old Hector Bellerin managed to get snubbed twice by Sky at the F1 yesterday.

Outside one of the garages the cameras fixed on Bellerin but F1 presenter Ted Kravitz didn't have a clue who he was.
“Some hipsters around here with shorts and cool rose-coloured glasses, He looks quite cool, that guy in the singlet, doesn’t he? Right, sorry, I got distracted by the hipsters.”

During the grid walk, he was spotted talking to model Winnie Harlow when he was interrupted by Sky Sports pundit Martin Brundle.

“Do you mind if I cut in, talking to this beautiful lady, would you be terribly offended?”

Again, Brundle didn't have a clue who he was. Hilarious!! :coffeespit:
:coffeespit:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

New fixtures meaning fuck all until TV have had their say. I'll probably have a look around mid July. Should have finished fucking around with the first few months of fixtures by then

augie

Post by augie »

You want any more proof that modern football is full of mongs, then take a gander at some of the questions fired at gazidas at last night's Q & A with fans (that dick had been present at but had left at this stage) -

Home

Q: Last year I asked about the matchday experience at the Emirates, which was bad last year when you look at the vast empty spaces. I wondered if the Arsenal were going to do anything in terms of incentivising people that turn up at matches. Borussia Dortmund recently announced measures to suspend season tickets of people that don’t turn up for seven games or more. We need an atmosphere to support Unai and to do that, we need everyone turning up, what are Arsenal going to do to help that?
Yes you are reading that right folks - at a time of great promise and a time that we need to unify our fanbase, this mong wants to expel the fans who didnt turn up for games last season and left seats (that they paid for with their own money) idle :roll: I mean what kind of fool would even suggest that much less believe that it would be legally possible ? Good to see this fool has his priorities right :censored: (btw this was the second question asked so it isnt as if all the important questions had been asked :roll: )

Q: The U-18s play here (the stadium), great. The U-23s play here, great. When are we going to see the women play here?
Again where is that person's head at at ? :? Should I ask about the squad size ? Should I ask about the transfer budget ? Should I ask about the total lack of interest from the clubs owners ? Should I really go for it and ask if the club felt that allowing wenger to continue last season has seen us flush another season down that khazi ? No, I can think of a better question that trumps all of them .......... I'll ask when are the club gonna let the chicks play at the stadium ? Lord help us :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

There were a good question asked about DD and another one asked which I originally thought was about safe standing (coming on back of comments gazidas had made earlier), but the more I read the question it seems to be about how proud this fan would be to see the club have an inclusive system (for gays, different races and religion etc) - I would have thought that our club has always been a club that operates this way (and I include the fans in that), and as best as I can recall we were a club largely above racism issues in the 70s when it was rife in english football (correct me if I'm wrong on that btw). Again I feel that it is a wasted question albeit not as bad as the above questions imo

https://news.arseblog.com/2018/06/qa-emery-gazidis/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:32 am
You want any more proof that modern football is full of mongs, then take a gander at some of the questions fired at gazidas at last night's Q & A with fans (that dick had been present at but had left at this stage) -

Home

Q: Last year I asked about the matchday experience at the Emirates, which was bad last year when you look at the vast empty spaces. I wondered if the Arsenal were going to do anything in terms of incentivising people that turn up at matches. Borussia Dortmund recently announced measures to suspend season tickets of people that don’t turn up for seven games or more. We need an atmosphere to support Unai and to do that, we need everyone turning up, what are Arsenal going to do to help that?
Yes you are reading that right folks - at a time of great promise and a time that we need to unify our fanbase, this mong wants to expel the fans who didnt turn up for games last season and left seats (that they paid for with their own money) idle :roll: I mean what kind of fool would even suggest that much less believe that it would be legally possible ? Good to see this fool has his priorities right :censored: (btw this was the second question asked so it isnt as if all the important questions had been asked :roll: )

Q: The U-18s play here (the stadium), great. The U-23s play here, great. When are we going to see the women play here?
Again where is that person's head at at ? :? Should I ask about the squad size ? Should I ask about the transfer budget ? Should I ask about the total lack of interest from the clubs owners ? Should I really go for it and ask if the club felt that allowing wenger to continue last season has seen us flush another season down that khazi ? No, I can think of a better question that trumps all of them .......... I'll ask when are the club gonna let the chicks play at the stadium ? Lord help us :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

There were a good question asked about DD and another one asked which I originally thought was about safe standing (coming on back of comments gazidas had made earlier), but the more I read the question it seems to be about how proud this fan would be to see the club have an inclusive system (for gays, different races and religion etc) - I would have thought that our club has always been a club that operates this way (and I include the fans in that), and as best as I can recall we were a club largely above racism issues in the 70s when it was rife in english football (correct me if I'm wrong on that btw). Again I feel that it is a wasted question albeit not as bad as the above questions imo

That first one about suspending season tickets? It reads like he means next season rather than retroactively punishing people?

Second one is an absolute mong. Or a bird. :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:40 am
augie wrote:

Home

That first one about suspending season tickets? It reads like he means next season rather than retroactively punishing people?

Should it matter ? If I pay for my ticket, shouldnt it be up to me if I use it or not ? If I buy a car should I be threatened with losing it if I dont use it for a few days ? What gives this d**khead the right to tell me what to do with something I bought with my own money ? If I'm not happy with the way my club is being run, then I absolutely reserve my right to choose not to attend if I want to. The club initiated the ticket exchange system which allows fans to offer the use of their unused seat for games, so what more can the club do ? If I am not breaking any legal laws then the club have no legal right to expel me/suspend my ticket, and anyone with any brain cells at all would recognise this - this d**khead just wanted to be heard saying something controversial to get some attention for himself :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Fair enough if season ticket holders miss the odd game here and there BUT I would argue that if you miss say for example half the home games then you should not be able to renew for the following season.

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Home

Should it matter ? If I pay for my ticket, shouldnt it be up to me if I use it or not ? If I buy a car should I be threatened with losing it if I dont use it for a few days ? What gives this d**khead the right to tell me what to do with something I bought with my own money ? If I'm not happy with the way my club is being run, then I absolutely reserve my right to choose not to attend if I want to. The club initiated the ticket exchange system which allows fans to offer the use of their unused seat for games, so what more can the club do ? If I am not breaking any legal laws then the club have no legal right to expel me/suspend my ticket, and anyone with any brain cells at all would recognise this - this d**khead just wanted to be heard saying something controversial to get some attention for himself :roll:
A mate of mine didn't attend most of last season or use TX because he wanted his seat left empty as a protest ... and I agree that he should have the right to do what he wants with his own paid for seat without being punished.

The problem is that if there is any club in this country that could attract the kind of person who could afford to buy a ST they'll only use a few times ... and are rich enough not to be bothered about getting their money back on TX ... then its probably Arsenal :roll: And IF these people exist, they will be preventing others from going.

Maybe anyone who consistently does not attend and who also doesn't put their ticket on exchange either should at least be asked why before being suspended .... and if it was because they were sick of say and overpaid/under-performing manager then it would have been a way to let the club know :)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Thanks for highlighting the two questions, I understand that there was serious heated debate as to whether to opt for the Leicester City clappers or the more left field vuvuzela to improve atmosphere at the bowl. Apparently it descended into name calling and bombay mix and humous bowls were spilt. Yeah the Arsenal 2018, this is what we have to put up with at the footie, twonks like that.

As for season ticket use, fuck right off. It's my ticket!! Funnily enough there was no talk of taking it off me when we were at HIghbury with17,000 in for an atmospheric 0 - 0 against Sunderland in the pissing rain in November. Some JCL cu.nt wants to take a view on that well they can fuck right off. You pay your money you decide whether you use the ticket. I think the important question is why somebody who has a ticket doesn't go but then that would require the club to admit that the last few years have frequently offered fuck all value.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:15 pm
Thanks for highlighting the two questions, I understand that there was serious heated debate as to whether to opt for the Leicester City clappers or the more left field vuvuzela to improve atmosphere at the bowl. Apparently it descended into name calling and bombay mix and humous bowls were spilt. Yeah the Arsenal 2018, this is what we have to put up with at the footie, twonks like that.

As for season ticket use, fuck right off. It's my ticket!! Funnily enough there was no talk of taking it off me when we were at HIghbury with17,000 in for an atmospheric 0 - 0 against Sunderland in the pissing rain in November. Some JCL cu.nt wants to take a view on that well they can fuck right off. You pay your money you decide whether you use the ticket. I think the important question is why somebody who has a ticket doesn't go but then that would require the club to admit that the last few years have frequently offered fuck all value.

Well said that man 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

The club have kinda created this situation themselves anyway - if I was a season ticket of many years I would have liked the option last summer of taking a 1 year sabatical without punishment, and this would allow the club to sell the seat to other fans (on a game to game basis) for that season. Of course with our club you cannot do that cos otherwise it might take years for that fan to be allowed become a season ticket holder again. This of course means that fans will continue to pay in the short-term to ensure that they will still hold a season ticket for when a senile old french c.unt is finally fcuked out of our club 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:42 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Well said that man 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

The club have kinda created this situation themselves anyway - if I was a season ticket of many years I would have liked the option last summer of taking a 1 year sabatical without punishment, and this would allow the club to sell the seat to other fans (on a game to game basis) for that season. Of course with our club you cannot do that cos otherwise it might take years for that fan to be allowed become a season ticket holder again. This of course means that fans will continue to pay in the short-term to ensure that they will still hold a season ticket for when a senile old french c.unt is finally fcuked out of our club 8)

You are quite right that the club created the situation. There are many times over the last few (actually make that nearly ten :D ) years when I wished that we had a stadium where the capacity comfortably exceeded demand so you could turn up on the day and get in and didn't have to hang on to a season ticket just waiting for TOF to fuck off. I wonder how long the club would have kept TOF for then as we would have had the half empty stadium situation long before we eventually did.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Home

Calm down and put your knickers back on ffs. :lol:

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out that I don't think he was targeting Wenger out protesters from last season which is what you implied no?

My two bob on this is whilst agreeing you should have the right to go or not go on the ticket that your hard-earned has paid for, I also don't like the fact that certain JCL corporate people can afford to buy these ST 's and then only attend the glamour ties, not offer the ticket for resale, and thus denying other more genuine fans the chance to attend.

I think it would be fair to deny a renewal to someone that attends less than 75% home games where they have not put the ticket up for resale for every missed game. Fuck em. Those are the ipad carrying hipster cùnts that are ruining football. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Home

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out that I don't think he was targeting Wenger out protesters from last season which is what you implied no?

My two bob on this is whilst agreeing you should have the right to go or not go on the ticket that your hard-earned has paid for, I also don't like the fact that certain JCL corporate people can afford to buy these ST 's and then only attend the glamour ties, not offer the ticket for resale, and thus denying other more genuine fans the chance to attend.

I think it would be fair to deny a renewal to someone that attends less than 75% home games where they have not put the ticket up for resale for every missed game. Fuck em. Those are the ipad carrying hipster cùnts that are ruining football. :censored:

I wasnt actually implying anything specific there buddy, but was disgusted that expelling/suspending a fellow Gooner is what this d**khead is looking for :roll:

Regarding the jcl corporate crowd, is it possible that you are just attaching a stereotype fan to this problem ? IF the integrity of our season ticket system has been upheld, the fans holding season tickets will either be long time Gooners, or will have been on the season ticket waiting list for years before earning the chance to buy one - either way that doesnt tie in with the jcl definition I would say. Of course the system might not be 100% honourable, and maybe some wealthy person has found a way to leapfrog the waiting list, but I doubt very much that there would be enough of those people to explain the mass of empty seats last season. More likely that these tickets were held by long time fans who 30 years ago would have been protesting outside the marble halls calling for change, but now are to old or too weary to do so and decide to stay away as a form of protest - I applaud those fans tbh, and I absolutely believe that it was that action that finally pushed the club into action and sacking the french c.unt :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:31 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Home

I wasnt actually implying anything specific there buddy, but was disgusted that expelling/suspending a fellow Gooner is what this d**khead is looking for :roll:

Regarding the jcl corporate crowd, is it possible that you are just attaching a stereotype fan to this problem ? IF the integrity of our season ticket system has been upheld, the fans holding season tickets will either be long time Gooners, or will have been on the season ticket waiting list for years before earning the chance to buy one - either way that doesnt tie in with the jcl definition I would say. Of course the system might not be 100% honourable, and maybe some wealthy person has found a way to leapfrog the waiting list, but I doubt very much that there would be enough of those people to explain the mass of empty seats last season. More likely that these tickets were held by long time fans who 30 years ago would have been protesting outside the marble halls calling for change, but now are to old or too weary to do so and decide to stay away as a form of protest - I applaud those fans tbh, and I absolutely believe that it was that action that finally pushed the club into action and sacking the french c.unt :barscarf: :barscarf:

:D :D :D

Love that comment Augie, you've just made me feel very old sir......and weary - brilliant :D :D :D Bastard :D :D :D

Personally I think that the majority of 40+ year olds who are STH are only too happy to stick their ticket on the exchange if they can't get to a game - this is certainly my experience as there is nothing worse than rocking up at the footie to find an intruder sat next to you - are they old skool and know their stuff or are they a twat who is going to talk bollox. Unfortunately, more and more I am experiencing the latter.

However it is hard to judge the true motive of the STH when the seats were empty - trust me I tried to flog our tickets for the Citeh game as i was working but the match has to sell out - the club get their money first - before I can stick the tickets on the exchange. For those boycott matches the club were not selling out their remaining seats so STH could not get rid of their tickets.......so to a degree we got rid of TOF by default - how nuts is that :D But what does that tell us about the level of interest at that particular point. If the AKBs were of a sufficient number they would have bought the club's tickets allowing STH to then sell via exchange to any other AKBs who wanted tickets - but they all went missing until the last game of the season when the fuckers were all around me cos plenty of the STHs flogged theirs rather than endure the wankfest that ensued and which led me to leave at HT.

The other thing is it is very easy to leapfrog the mythical waiting list. I mentioned on here a while back that an old mate of mine picked up a ST last season when his waiting list position was in the low teens of thousands after a four year wait. Think about it - somewhere between 10,000 - 12,000 punters swerved a ticket offer to allow him to take up his. He got the call from the club inferring that he might get a ticket depending on uptake however he offered the guy the cash for 2 ST there and then and the guy just did the deal. So there is the ST waiting list and then there are the people on it who can actually afford to or are willing to stump up £1200. In fairness, if TOF was gone a lot more people would probably have taken a ticket but again what does that tell you about the type of folk on the list - a wee bit fairweather methinks :rubchin: Anyhow, the chances are a JCL with cash to spend could certainly end up with a ST within a 3 year wait.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

The problem with any of this is we're dealing with the modern day Arsenal p.l.c. I was a ST holder but some years ago i had a major heart attack and asked the club, at renewal time, for a one season "sabbatical" whilst recovering. I could provide them with any medical documents as needed.

They made it clear they were unable to assist and i had to renew or lose my seat.

I've never been back.