Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Bradywasking »

goonertone wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 am
The problem with any of this is we're dealing with the modern day Arsenal p.l.c. I was a ST holder but some years ago i had a major heart attack and asked the club, at renewal time, for a one season "sabbatical" whilst recovering. I could provide them with any medical documents as needed.

They made it clear they were unable to assist and i had to renew or lose my seat.

I've never been back.
That is so wrong...hope the health is ok now..

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

All ok now thanks, early retirement did the trick!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:19 am
goonertone wrote:
The problem with any of this is we're dealing with the modern day Arsenal p.l.c. I was a ST holder but some years ago i had a major heart attack and asked the club, at renewal time, for a one season "sabbatical" whilst recovering. I could provide them with any medical documents as needed.

They made it clear they were unable to assist and i had to renew or lose my seat.

I've never been back.
That is so wrong...hope the health is ok now..
The Arsenal “values” that they love to spout on about eh, glad you all good now Goonertone. :barscarf:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

goonertone wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:42 pm
Best wishes from here too Tone 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:30 pm
goonertone wrote:
Actually that should be 2Tone 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm
goonertone wrote:
You Little Bitch, that was Too Much Too Young, I realise you were under Too Much Pressure from the Gangsters but don’t try to be a 3 Minute Hero.

( love you really :oops: )

LeftfootlegendGooner

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:38 pm
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm
goonertone wrote:
You Little Bitch, that was Too Much Too Young, I realise you were under Too Much Pressure from the Gangsters but don’t try to be a 3 Minute Hero.

( love you really :oops: )
:lol: :lol:

I've had too much wine to retort and I don't want to be Ruder Than You, I just want an Easy Life and I'm far Too Experienced to become a Stereotype so don't want you to Run Me Down :oops: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Every member of the 23-man squad running down the touchline to celebrate every goal scored at every stage of a game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:54 pm
Every member of the 23-man squad running down the touchline to celebrate every goal scored at every stage of a game.
Hey that's modern inclusive football you are talking about. Even the duds on the bench must feel included. I'm actually a bit offended that they have not let the coaching staff, the medical team, all the players wives and kids, and the respective country's ladies team, all run down the touchline to celebrate too tbh. Also I think each country should have a couple of representatives from each of their gay, Lesbian, transgender, black, white, Arab, Asian, and disabled communities sitting in the dugout so they too can run down the touchline and join in.

:barscarf:

:suicide:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertone wrote:

I've never been back.
That sounds hard to believe, almost like an urban myth, until you remember we are dealing with hat-shop-suing Modern Arsenal here. I'm just surprised they didn't charge you an extra administrative fee for dealing with your query.

Glad to hear you beat the heart attack mate. Must have been terrifying to go through.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 am
northbank123 wrote:
Hey that's modern inclusive football you are talking about. Even the duds on the bench must feel included. I'm actually a bit offended that they have not let the coaching staff, the medical team, all the players wives and kids, and the respective country's ladies team, all run down the touchline to celebrate too tbh. Also I think each country should have a couple of representatives from each of their gay, Lesbian, transgender, black, white, Arab, Asian, and disabled communities sitting in the dugout so they too can run down the touchline and join in.

I find your comments offensive.

How is the disabled representative supposed to run anywhere?

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:29 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:06 am
northbank123 wrote:

I find your comments offensive.

How is the disabled representative supposed to run anywhere?

He is probably thinking about the dublin disabled who are all "disabled" when it comes to claiming benefits, but a few hours later will be running around the dublin back streets thieving and dealing :roll: :wink:

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:15 am
goonertone wrote:

I've never been back.
That sounds hard to believe, almost like an urban myth, until you remember we are dealing with hat-shop-suing Modern Arsenal here. I'm just surprised they didn't charge you an extra administrative fee for dealing with your query.

Glad to hear you beat the heart attack mate. Must have been terrifying to go through.
Cheers for that👍

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

USA USA USA soccer fans declaring they wish Rooney hadn't signed for DC as they are Liverpool supporters!! :shock:

Hey pal could you point to Liverpool on a map - no, ok how about England - no, Europe - no, can you manage anywhere that isn't America. Get a grip!