Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Herd »

I put a post on here with some figures a couple of months back. We have a loss over 4 years of £400k to run the ladies team.

Man Utd have just sunk £5M into starting a womens's team just to avoid all the PC bollox and accusations.

The sooner we have a jokey match between a ladies team and a mens team to highlight that there really is no comparison the better otherwise the PC brigade will continue to push their agenda onto football.
To be honest 400k loss over 4 years isn't that bad ,but that really isn't the point .
I think the woman in football shit was something that football wanted to buy into to get away from the knuckle dragging image thug image that football had in the 80's ,so along with seats better stadiums and general sanitisation of the game itself it's seen as part of the process.
And to some extent it's worked former butterfly lovers, stamp collectors, hipsters selfie mongs and trainspotters too have all moved into the game From all over and there is a relentless push for more female involvement .
The football world is also at the moment going a tad OTT on LGBT so stand by for the Arsenal Gay football team and the Arsenal ladyboy squad although they are trying to muscle in on female participation in sport at the moment so they might leave us alone.
I've also seen figures published as facts on female attendance at premiership games suggesting its in the 20/25 percent range which is pure bollocks because even though we are probably one of the flange infested clubs in the premiership ,its still nowhere near that in reality .

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Just to put things in some sort of perspective.

Many years ago i went to watch the Arsenal ladies play a game at Leyton Wingates ground on a Sunday. At half time our "best" player didn't appear in the second half.

I asked some fella if she was injured and was told "no, she had to go to a christening".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:16 am

The football world is also at the moment going a tad OTT on LGBT so stand by for the Arsenal Gay football team and the Arsenal ladyboy squad although they are trying to muscle in on female participation in sport at the moment so they might leave us alone.
Interesting choice of words. And a novel and ironic way of coming out. :shock: On a football forum and all.... :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertone wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am
Just to put things in some sort of perspective.

Many years ago i went to watch the Arsenal ladies play a game at Leyton Wingates ground on a Sunday. At half time our "best" player didn't appear in the second half.

I asked some fella if she was injured and was told "no, she had to go to a christening".
:lol:

At least it wasn't that old standard "women's problems"..... :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Modern football declaring unknown players as "stars" - cant say that I have ever heard anything about this lad, but apparently he is an "Arsenal star" :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7930224/a ... ng-ground/

Seems like the current bun have declared war on us at the mo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:52 pm
Modern football declaring unknown players as "stars" - cant say that I have ever heard anything about this lad, but apparently he is an "Arsenal star" :roll:

Looking at the footage....it looks like the Citroen is the car that drifts out into the opposite lane. It's a stitch up, we're victims :shock: I recommend that we all ban the Sun.......nobody has ever been that pathetic before have they :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

texting whilst driving ia the 19-1 on favourite

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Looking at the footage....it looks like the Citroen is the car that drifts out into the opposite lane. It's a stitch up, we're victims :shock: I recommend that we all ban the Sun.......nobody has ever been that pathetic before have they :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

just 10 of the 32 FA Cup 3rd round games will be played at 3pm on the Saturday.
if this competition wasn't dead already, this for me pretty much finishes it off.

RIP The FA Cup 1872 -2018 :(

Herd

Post by Herd »

Oh btw did anyone see MOTD 2 on Sunday presented By Eilidh Barbour and some other cliché waffling bint .
In order to make them seem smarter than they are they threw Chris Waddle in the mix which I thought was quite clever of them !
Chris never fails to stun us with his insight and intellect ,makes the game accessible for 2 year olds !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am
if this competition wasn't dead already, this for me pretty much finishes it off.

FA Cup's decline began in 1999/2000 when the FA allowed even encouraged the then holders Man Utd not to play in the competition in order to play in some World Cup style tournament.
United the business were delighted at the marketing exposure and the FA believed it would help them in a World Cup bid. Some United players were said to be less happy and the genuine fan base were dismayed. It wasn't helped when photos emerged of United players drinking by a poolside in Brazil (I think) while on the trip.
Ironically United were replaced in the third round draw by Darlington as a lucky loser from the second round. Darlington drew Aston Villa in the third round lost to them and Villa went onto the final.
Now we have no replay semis and finals.. God knows what time kick offs are even for the final..Weakened teams and last season 30,000 Chelsea fans waving identical flags at full time..Whatever happened to the witty and offensive banners of the 70s and 80s?
Still love the FA Cup but it is diluted.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am

FA Cup's decline began in 1999/2000 when the FA allowed even encouraged the then holders Man Utd not to play in the competition in order to play in some World Cup style tournament.
United the business were delighted at the marketing exposure and the FA believed it would help them in a World Cup bid. Some United players were said to be less happy and the genuine fan base were dismayed. It wasn't helped when photos emerged of United players drinking by a poolside in Brazil (I think) while on the trip.
Ironically United were replaced in the third round draw by Darlington as a lucky loser from the second round. Darlington drew Aston Villa in the third round lost to them and Villa went onto the final.
Now we have no replay semis and finals.. God knows what time kick offs are even for the final..Weakened teams and last season 30,000 Chelsea fans waving identical flags at full time..Whatever happened to the witty and offensive banners of the 70s and 80s?
Still love the FA Cup but it is diluted.
Great post mate, agree with every word.

With all the money in the game these days, it would be so easy just to prioritise keeping some old traditions ahead of making money. And allowing the FA Cupto remain as it was should have been one of them. But its clearly too much to ask of the self-serving parasites that run the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That fucking scouse ex woman foobler they have on sometimes. The one with the dodgy boy band hairstyle.

I fucking swear at one point the other day she blurted out "ecchh eh dat wuz dat dere cuz ecchh day do dat doh dont day doh".

Can anyone translate? :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

the Camptown ladies sing this song doodah doodah .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:59 pm
the Camptown ladies sing this song doodah doodah .
:lol:

Oh day do do dat doh don't day doh. :D