Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think it was Vicki The Screetch Sparks that fucking ruined one of the MOTD FA Cup highlights over the weekend. Fucking hell there is no way you could listen to 90 minutes of her constipated cat screetch without harming yourself or going on a killing spree. :box: :censored:

Worse, to add to her dullard musings, she constantly growls some words at the end of sentences to try and make the action sound more exciting. Fucking awful cùnt. :censored: :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm
Leftie he swans around like he has “made it” as a footballer. The reality is that as a footballer in the key years of his development, he has at best been treading water if not going backwards over the last few years.

Listen to the interviews that he gives to those publications and the bloke reckons he’s a philosopher, as though he is somebody who has just hung up his boots and is musing back on a highly accomplished career.

I’m not saying that him liking fashion or social media is making him a bad player, it just seems like a frustrating mirror of his career - lacking focus, summed up by his development and often his doziness on the pitch.

Lichtsteiner has been complete garbage for us as his legs are completely gone, but he is clearly a professional who has actually been there and done it in terms of winning titles and playing in the massive CL games. Imagine Bellerin could learn a few things from him if he was bothered as he probably has a lot more ability than Lichtsteiner ever did.
Fair enough NB123 I see your point but aren't a lot of players like that nowadays, French players in particular think they're some sort of philosopher (cantana was a fuckin looney although also brilliant), Wenger likewise.

I just think he is a limited player anyway (but certainly not our worst) and at times can be a good player.

I would also add that all our defenders struggle because we still have the Wenger traits of steaming forward and giving absolutely no protection to our backline, you only have to watch a few minutes of us in a game and us on the attack then when the ball is lost it usually takes one pass (at most two) and all of a sudden our defenders are being stretched and there is a huge gap between the midfield and backline.

This happens every game multiple times, it's insane, everyone who has played football knows you have to have a shape and keep it up and down the pitch, so going forward or back you have the same distance between the bank of 3 (generally) lines.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:34 pm
I think it was Vicki The Screetch Sparks that fucking ruined one of the MOTD FA Cup highlights over the weekend. Fucking hell there is no way you could listen to 90 minutes of her constipated cat screetch without harming yourself or going on a killing spree. :box: :censored:

Worse, to add to her dullard musings, she constantly growls some words at the end of sentences to try and make the action sound more exciting. Fucking awful cùnt. :censored: :roll:
I had the misfortune to catch some of the female commentary - awful, agreed. As for some of her musings......lifted straight off the script from The Big Match c1982.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Broadcasters talking about the magic of the cup but sticking the draw on late at night.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:34 pm

I had the misfortune to catch some of the female commentary - awful, agreed. As for some of her musings......lifted straight off the script from The Big Match c1982.
Fuck yeah that was the other thing I couldn't quite put my finger on.... her comments sounded so dated.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just watching a repeat of the Debate from last night with the Merse and some soppy tart who apparently is the manager of the chavs female soccer team. She has just said that it is some time since we challenged for the top 4.....really...she just said it....on TV...WTF! Neither Merse or Shreeves called her on it....do they lose their fee if they show her up for the windbag she is....is that it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:20 pm
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just watching a repeat of the Debate from last night with the Merse and some soppy tart who apparently is the manager of the chavs female soccer team. She has just said that it is some time since we challenged for the top 4.....really...she just said it....on TV...WTF! Neither Merse or Shreeves called her on it....do they lose their fee if they show her up for the windbag she is....is that it.
Fucking has to be.

Or she irons a mean shirt and makes a stellar cup of tea. :D

Herd

Post by Herd »

The BBC had a Kat Slater lookalike on MOTD Sunday only younger and sluttier,I'm all for it as long as they don't start talking about mens football.
We are being drowned in a vat of thrush juice by cliché dripping woman who have No place or validation in football !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm
The BBC had a Kat Slater lookalike on MOTD Sunday only younger and sluttier,I'm all for it as long as they don't start talking about mens football.
We are being drowned in a vat of thrush juice by cliché dripping woman who have No place or validation in football !
Watching BT sport on and off on Saturday and every time they went round the grounds nearly every one of the stadium reporters were female, i've never heard so many clichéd comments in my life from the lot of them... there are enough male reporters around to talk crap without adding a bunch of females talking even more outdated crap to the mix :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm
Hiting the nail right on the head AND while using a fantastic turn of phrase :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Just out of curiousity, is there some new legislation that demands all tv companies have female pundits ? Seems odd that during the world cup and since the world cup, every tv company seems inundated with the c.unts :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:15 pm
Just out of curiousity, is there some new legislation that demands all tv companies have female pundits ? Seems odd that during the world cup and since the world cup, every tv company seems inundated with the c.unts :roll:
Yeah, it was called the 'Out of the kitchen, into the Workplace' law, 2000. Under this new ruling, women with fuck all qualifications and experience were allowed to try their hands at any job they liked. Most realised after about 20 minutes that they were totally ill-suited to almost all jobs apart from secretarial jobs and strippers but some of the militant ones still take advantage of a legal loophole to find employment in 'proper jobs'. The Government estimate that by 2020, the handful left will all have sensibly given up and gone home to make their husbands their dinner.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

okay, hands up who knew that The Arsenal are one of the few clubs that don't charge parents for their kids to be the mascot :shock:

spurs charge 600 quid. spurs !

600 quid so fat tongue can dribble on your nipper. ludicrous.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:01 pm
okay, hands up who knew that The Arsenal are one of the few clubs that don't charge parents for their kids to be the mascot :shock:

Scandalous isn't it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... deals.html

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:34 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Scandalous isn't it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... deals.html
Heads will roll if Stan Krunt finds out about this financial oversight!