Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:21 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:10 pm
I've just seen RaceCard Evra moaning about a Burnley player playing the blame game. The fucking irony. :roll:
How the fuck does this arsehole get a job as a pundit anyway?
has anyone EVER been interested in anything he says? Does anyone care what his opinion is on anything?
Who at Sky thought it would be a good idea to make him a pundit? sack the prick now!!
He ticks the box. :wink:

They have to have a certain number of pundits that fall into the following categories:

A. Minorities.
B. Stupid fuckers.
C. Cùnts.

RaceCard ticks all three! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Ain't that the truth.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:21 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:10 pm
I've just seen RaceCard Evra moaning about a Burnley player playing the blame game. The fucking irony. :roll:
How the fuck does this arsehole get a job as a pundit anyway?
has anyone EVER been interested in anything he says? Does anyone care what his opinion is on anything?
Who at Sky thought it would be a good idea to make him a pundit? sack the prick now!!
He ticks the box. :wink:

They have to have a certain number of pundits that fall into the following categories:

A. Minorities.
B. Stupid fuckers.
C. Cùnts.

RaceCard ticks all three! :lol:
:shock:

Racist :lol:

Its gone fuckin doolally is what its gone.

Got to the point where I won't watch the start of the game, tbf when our players take the knee its probably the muddiest most of them will get during the whole game :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:36 am
Sean wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:58 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:29 pm
Well done to the Millwall fans for making a stand against this taking the knee sh1te last week
Fucking right. Good on them for standing up to this awful PC/'woke' shite that has invaded our game and even the coverage these past few years. I think football in this country has largely set a good example of teamwork across differences of any type over the past 40+ years. Can the PC brigade just shut the fuck up about race, gender and sexuality? It is not fucking relevant to sport and the news and pop culture is saturated enough with all this constant agenda-pushing. It's telling that the media/coverage are trying to censor this dissent now, or are altering the pre-match protocols. Taking the knee was started by a bloke in American Football four years ago and has no relevance in this country or sport, and it has been co-opted by a group that supports the riots, looting and violence we have seen this year.

Highlighting these race, gender and sexuality differences all the fucking time is hardly conducive to peaceful co-existence and harmony. It actually seems to aggravate everyone. It seems to me that all these different groups who want equality or recognition actually want constant special treatment, or superiority. Shut the fuck up and get on with the game. Live and let live.
Great post Sean.

It does seem that equality isn’t enough for some of these people. It’s like they don’t know when to stop or at least slow down. They’re now pushing their agendas so blatantly that people have become sick to death of it all.

EXETER and Cambridge fans booed players taking the knee on Tuesday night.

A Grecians supporter was ejected from St James Park after being identified by stewards and spoken to by police.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:28 am
Clash wrote:
Sean wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:
Well done to the Millwall fans for making a stand against this taking the knee sh1te last week
Fucking right. Good on them for standing up to this awful PC/'woke' shite that has invaded our game and even the coverage these past few years. I think football in this country has largely set a good example of teamwork across differences of any type over the past 40+ years. Can the PC brigade just shut the fuck up about race, gender and sexuality? It is not fucking relevant to sport and the news and pop culture is saturated enough with all this constant agenda-pushing. It's telling that the media/coverage are trying to censor this dissent now, or are altering the pre-match protocols. Taking the knee was started by a bloke in American Football four years ago and has no relevance in this country or sport, and it has been co-opted by a group that supports the riots, looting and violence we have seen this year.

Highlighting these race, gender and sexuality differences all the fucking time is hardly conducive to peaceful co-existence and harmony. It actually seems to aggravate everyone. It seems to me that all these different groups who want equality or recognition actually want constant special treatment, or superiority. Shut the fuck up and get on with the game. Live and let live.
Great post Sean.

It does seem that equality isn’t enough for some of these people. It’s like they don’t know when to stop or at least slow down. They’re now pushing their agendas so blatantly that people have become sick to death of it all.

A Grecians supporter was ejected from St James Park after being identified by stewards and spoken to by police.
It’s a joke mate. I think a Norwich fan was also kicked out for booing.

It’s not even just taking the knee that we’re seeing either. Several players are taking the chance to do the black power salute. If they’re allowed to do divisive stuff like that because they think it’s their right to do that ... then other people should have a right to boo.

The simplest thing is for football to remain neutral and stay clear of all political movements but everything is becoming politicised now and we are getting to the stage where only one way of thinking is acceptable :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Karen Carney strikes again ,first she comes out with a ridiculous comment about Leeds Utd ,then Leeds make a twitter about winning the league by 10 pts and Carnet deletes her twitter after Leeds fans get on her case !
Que people coming out of the woodworm to defend her and calling out those who retaliated to her statement.
Leeds take their twitter down and anyone criticising her is a hater and a troll .
The womans football mob come on saying she is a well qualified and informed pundit !
Well informed ?? No more than me or you ,well qualified ??? No she played womans football which bears little comparison to men's !
Gets on my fucking wick !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:11 pm
Karen Carney strikes again ,first she comes out with a ridiculous comment about Leeds Utd ,then Leeds make a twitter about winning the league by 10 pts and Carnet deletes her twitter after Leeds fans get on her case !
Que people coming out of the woodworm to defend her and calling out those who retaliated to her statement.
Leeds take their twitter down and anyone criticising her is a hater and a troll .
The womans football mob come on saying she is a well qualified and informed pundit !
Well informed ?? No more than me or you ,well qualified ??? No she played womans football which bears little comparison to men's !
Gets on my fucking wick !
Any job should be on merit not some idiot repeating cliches just to satisfy the box ticking agenda....with BBC leading the way

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Clash wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:28 am
Clash wrote:
Sean wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:

Great post Sean.

It’s a joke mate. I think a Norwich fan was also kicked out for booing.

It’s not even just taking the knee that we’re seeing either. Several players are taking the chance to do the black power salute. If they’re allowed to do divisive stuff like that because they think it’s their right to do that ... then other people should have a right to boo.

The simplest thing is for football to remain neutral and stay clear of all political movements but everything is becoming politicised now and we are getting to the stage where only one way of thinking is acceptable :roll:
What happened to England not being allowed to wear a poppy because it was a political statement or something?

The kneeling thing (I refuse to use the American "taking a knee") is becoming another way that fooblers can look like they are doing something/caring/whatever without it actually taking up any of their X Box time or their money.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

As I remember it Black Power was a movement which developed in the 60's and had many well known leaders such as Stokeley Carmichael and Malcolm X. It was very much opposed to Martin Luther King's peaceful policies of the same time in his civil rights movement. Black Power was very violent.

It's one thing to "take the knee" but how many of those players that also give the Black Power salute of the raised fist actually know the history behind it?

Some commentators of history have often likened it to a Nazi salute though on a much lesser scale obviously.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 pm
As I remember it Black Power was a movement which developed in the 60's and had many well known leaders such as Stokeley Carmichael and Malcolm X. It was very much opposed to Martin Luther King's peaceful policies of the same time in his civil rights movement. Black Power was very violent.

It's one thing to "take the knee" but how many of those players that also give the Black Power salute of the raised fist actually know the history behind it?

Some commentators of history have often likened it to a Nazi salute though on a much lesser scale obviously.
All true Clummo...

Martin Luther was one for unity.....all this BLM agenda will create is chaos and division as we are seeing now in America, a country divided

Can see similar happening here if they keep pushing.....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The real world is about who can shout the loudest about whatever political statement they are making this week and get the most likes on Twatter, Facebook etc, be it racism, transgenderism, LGB etc..... back in our fantasy world we are actually interested in who plays football the best, you know the insignificant sport thing that we all watch :banghead:

I remember the racism of the 80, 90 and very early 2000s but then it seemed to die away with the exception of a few terraces at certain clubs in the main, then some muppets got it into their heads that suddenly it wasnt high profile enough and all the activist groups started losing money and membership, what then happened was it was suddenly pushed massively into the mainstream again by all and sundry with the look at me brigade taking the lead.

My mate Chris is Zimbabwean he says racism in the west is nothing compared to the ongoing racism in many parts of Africa, little of which has to do with White people these days but is inter-tribal in the main, where white people are involved now it is generally aimed at them.... Where were organisations like BLM when the Hutus and Tutsis were slaughtering each other in Rwanda a couple of decades ago, where were BLM when Nigerian police were shooting people protesting on the streets recently.

The other thing that grips my mate John's shit, who is half Indian, is that it is 'Black' lives matter to the exemption of any other minority ethnic in this country, many of whom have been here longer and faced it just as often if not worse over the years, he is 4th generation, his family have been here since post WW1. His grandparents hate all the pseudo-racism claims, their family left some sort of troubles during the Raj days and now they feel that those problems have followed them and eventually caught up once more. Many of those who came seeking a new life that I know feel that all the troubles they tried to leave behind have followed them here and there seems to be an insidious movement to cause unwarranted trouble in what is a relatively peaceful country.

As I've said for BLM it is not about equality but parity, wherever there is a white face they want to see a black face alongside or instead of, not an Asian or S American or Antipodean but black, for a minority that makes up about 6% of the population they sure do cause a lot of trouble for every other racial group in the UK.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I can see this "taking the knee" before kick off going on forever. The FA/Premier League (whoever instigated it) have painted themselves into a corner. How do they get out of it? Who wants to be the first person to say that's enough now? They'll all be crapping themselves for fear of being called racist. :roll:

It's all a bit yesterday's news for me now.

LeftfootlegendGooner

They've even started taking the knee in my local Sunday football for five fuckin minutes :roll:

Well, 30 seconds was on the knee, it took most of them 4 and a half minutes to get back fuckin up :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:45 pm
They've even started taking the knee in my local Sunday football for five fuckin minutes :roll:

Well, 30 seconds was on the knee, it took most of them 4 and a half minutes to get back fuckin up :lol:
:lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Was DB involved by any chance :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Was DB involved by any chance :rubchin:
No one would notice if DB stood up anyway :lol: