Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 pm
Anyone else see the clip of the SlySports bimbo trying to explain to Scuba Grealish what an encyclopedia is? :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/XJ3vtsHw2Wo

He's proper thick as fuck. Makes Jordan look like Einstein. :lol:
I bet Grealish thinks a thesaurus is a dinosaur :lol:

Naaah! Not any more mate that's "Old" thinking. :D

He thinks Lexicon is the name of a new electric car. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

after 50 years...UEFA scrap away goals rule for all its club competitions from next season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:56 pm
after 50 years...UEFA scrap away goals rule for all its club competitions from next season
Stinks of the devious UEFA cùnts laying the ground work for a couple of future CL games in China or the States. And soon enough every team in the CL will have to play one (or more) each season in these "new markets for soccerball". :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Away goals is very outdated tbf. It was originally introduced to encourage away sides to attack and not sit with 11 behind the ball for 90 minutes.

Nowdays teams often sit with 10 behind the ball in 2 banks of 5 and hope for a counter attack. :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:56 pm
About fucking time too. It's been a shit, outdated rule for about 25 years. Gone are the days of long journeys, shit pitches, shit floodlights and shit hotels. A goal is a fucking goal no matter where it's scored and allowing a team another 30 minutes in extra time to score an away goal was always unfair. The whole rule should have been scrapped years ago when both Milan teams played each other in their own fucking grounds for two games.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I reckon these games should be part of the season ticket - these girls are in the Champions League :D Still plenty of spare midweek slots.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/how-were-i ... omens-team

even more so as we're hoping to play some of our games at Emirates Stadium this season, too...

Absolutely. It's been a busy time in the close season and one of the things we've been spending a lot of time on the Arsenal Women's side is thinking about how we can bring a number of women's games to Emirates Stadium next season. The purpose there is clear. The purpose is to allow more Arsenal fans to have the opportunity to watch Arsenal Women play live at Emirates Stadium.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I've only ever seen one women's game and that took place directly before someone's testimonial. Can't recall who tbh, may have been TA's auspicious match against Crystal Palace. :roll:

My only memory is two of our players broke from the halfway line totally clear and through on goal. They somehow managed to tackle each other just outside the area and the ball ran through to the keeper. :lol: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Twats in the crowd obsessed wiith being on the big screen in the stadium........

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:01 pm
Twats in the crowd obsessed wiith being on the big screen in the stadium........
Only acceptable if they are scantily clad, good looking women :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:36 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Only acceptable if they are scantily clad, good looking women :wink:
Only reason I watch the Sweden matches. :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
That's enough about Xhaka for one night.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 pm
Redarmy wrote:
That's enough about Xhaka for one night.
:coffeespit:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal have paid Mesut Ozil a massive sum of money despite the midfielder moving to Fenerbahce in January.

The Gunners reportedly paid a whopping £16.38million into Ozil’s account on June 30, having agreed to subsidise his wages when they desperately flogged him to Fenerbahce six months ago.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:00 am
Arsenal have paid Mesut Ozil a massive sum of money despite the midfielder moving to Fenerbahce in January.

The Gunners reportedly paid a whopping £16.38million into Ozil’s account on June 30, having agreed to subsidise his wages when they desperately flogged him to Fenerbahce six months ago.
This is what happens when you have idiots running your club.