Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by goonertux »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm
Leicester City will be designating its Premier League fixture at home to Arsenal to the Football v Homophobia campaign.
Guess that will lead to a lot of players being pulled off at half time?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:53 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Leicester City will be designating its Premier League fixture at home to Arsenal to the Football v Homophobia campaign.
And changing ends after 45mins

wibble

Post by wibble »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:18 pm
Redarmy wrote:
FFS really? Presumably, before kick off, half the players will stay standing and the others drop to their knees?
Brilliant! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm
goonertux wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:53 pm
Redarmy wrote:
And changing ends after 45mins
Will David Batty make an appearance? :oops:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:53 pm
Redarmy wrote:
I read that as Football v Homosexuality and wondered if it was a charity football v rugby game.
A fitting analogy.... :D

:wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I find it somewhat ironic that minority groups are always banging on about being treated as equals then go out of their way to ensure that their differences are front and centre of whatever is going on or there has to be some new campaign of awareness about them..... seriously if you want to be equal fair enough but stop promoting your differences every chance you get :roll:

There was some discussion program on on Sunday morning where LGBT people were complaining about non-LGBT actors taking LBGT roles, not one word mentioned of LGBT actors taking straight roles though...... isn't the essence of acting being able to play any part whatever it is and whoever you are :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Another ex Gooner in trouble ....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... irlfriend/

I was fortunate enough to see the phot's he leaked of her a few years ago and fcuk me I can understand why he still has a major jones for her :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm
Another ex Gooner in trouble ....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... irlfriend/

I was fortunate enough to see the phot's he leaked of her a few years ago and fcuk me I can understand why he still has a major jones for her :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:
He played 1 match in the Coca Cola / Rublelows / Littlewoods / Milk / Corobo cup - headline calls him ex Arsenal lol

Clash

Post by Clash »

Maybe my imagination is playing tricks with me here but it seems like within the football media these days there has to be an agreed upon narrative that gets pushed every season. This years one is what a great team Leeds are to watch :roll:

Where it falls down is that they are shit.

Admittedly I’ve not seen every one of their games but I’ve seen enough and all I have seen each time is a team that is far too open at the back and that has a real lack of quality and ruthlessness up front. Bamford is like Lee Chapman’s less talented cousin.

They lost their 14th game of the season tonight out of 27 games. More than half. That’s abysmal for a team the pundits are going out of their way to help praise upon. They’re fucking shit and so is the level of punditry!

Please stop with this crap about how they’ve ‘’made a game of it’’ / ‘’given a good account of themselves’’ / ‘’it’s just not been their night’’ / ‘’on another day they’d have got the points’’ / ‘’they’ve carved out some good openings’’ :roll:

As for their manager ... somehow he as attained this mythical status having done an average job in an average league. Got knocked out the FA cup by minnows too. Yet apparently he’s the man everyone looks up to, he lives for the game and covers as much ground as the players moving up and down the touch line. Still can’t speak English. Even that odious reptile-face Ossie Ardiles knows a few words.

It’s all such bullshit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:51 pm
Maybe my imagination is playing tricks with me here but it seems like within the football media these days there has to be an agreed upon narrative that gets pushed every season. This years one is what a great team Leeds are to watch :roll:

Where it falls down is that they are shit.

Admittedly I’ve not seen every one of their games but I’ve seen enough and all I have seen each time is a team that is far too open at the back and that has a real lack of quality and ruthlessness up front. Bamford is like Lee Chapman’s less talented cousin.

They lost their 14th game of the season tonight out of 27 games. More than half. That’s abysmal for a team the pundits are going out of their way to help praise upon. They’re fucking shit and so is the level of punditry!

Please stop with this crap about how they’ve ‘’made a game of it’’ / ‘’given a good account of themselves’’ / ‘’it’s just not been their night’’ / ‘’on another day they’d have got the points’’ / ‘’they’ve carved out some good openings’’ :roll:

As for their manager ... somehow he as attained this mythical status having done an average job in an average league. Got knocked out the FA cup by minnows too. Yet apparently he’s the man everyone looks up to, he lives for the game and covers as much ground as the players moving up and down the touch line. Still can’t speak English. Even that odious reptile-face Ossie Ardiles knows a few words.

It’s all such bullshit.
Great post. And bang on the money.

The Leeds Myth and its codependent Bielsa Myth are so indicative of modern football reporting (I refuse to call it "journalism").

Bielsa the "manager's manager", the "legendary figure" etc etc is one of the greatest loads of old horseshit I've heard since "Jordan Henderson is world class".

A top manager wins trophies. Lots of trophies. This guy has won zero major trophies. Zero. In over two decades as a manager he's "won" a couple of runners up spots at the top level. Nothing more.

Now not being a tottnumb fan I don't count runners up medals. There is the winner and then there is everybody else: the losers.

The same kind of modern football reporters and wanky soccer Fanboys that call this nobody a "legend" are the same cùnts that called Poxychinos the best elite coach in the world despite his own ten year managerial career being void of any trophies until he somehow was gifted the PSG buy a trophy job.

It's part of their agenda to imply they know a bit more about the game than the rest of us, they know a bit more of the intricacies, and they don't judge on such common boorish qualifiers as winning trophies.

It's Modern Football Bollocks at its purest. :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Sky were doing that for years with Newcastle. Desperately clinging onto the "Entertainers" tag that Sky gave them in the Keegan years. Newcastle games were always being picked for broadcast despite the fact that they were shite.

Sky's football presenters and reporters are the most nauseating and sycophantic people I've ever seen on TV. I cannot bear to watch anything they show. I'd rather watch a shouty commentator on an Arabic stream who has verbal diarrhoea than tune into any football on their channels.

In contrast their coverage of cricket is exceptionally good.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am
Sky were doing that for years with Newcastle. Desperately clinging onto the "Entertainers" tag that Sky gave them in the Keegan years. Newcastle games were always being picked for broadcast despite the fact that they were shite.

Sky's football presenters and reporters are the most nauseating and sycophantic people I've ever seen on TV. I cannot bear to watch anything they show. I'd rather watch a shouty commentator on an Arabic stream who has verbal diarrhoea than tune into any football on their channels.

Ah the Toon sleeping giants of the north myth. We used to have a Mackem fan that used to be a regular on here. A great lad and one of the few non Arsenal supporters we let on here. He called Newcastle "the spurs of the north". :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:39 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

Ah the Toon sleeping giants of the north myth. We used to have a Mackem fan that used to be a regular on here. A great lad and one of the few non Arsenal supporters we let on here. He called Newcastle "the spurs of the north". :lol:
Yep I remember him. Good honest lad.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've been watching "The Football's On" on BT the last few weeks. Presented by Gooner commedian Ian Stone it is the antithesis of the absolute megagash shithouse that is Soccer Am: no stupid deeply unfunny sketches, no cringey "look at us being mates with fooblers" arse kissing, no stupid "bunch of lads" making noise in the background....

None of that old bollocks, just Stone and two other different comedians each week having a chat and taking the piss out of fooblers and football in general. They call out divers and idiots for what they are, they slaughter VAR Abomination. They are nicely sarcastic. It's a bit old school and such a refreshing change from the social media celebidee wannabe modern football bollocks that is killing the game.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:39 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

Yep I remember him. Good honest lad.
Wasn’t it Bendtners drinking buddy?