Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by augie »

Btw I have just watched highlights of a cup game we played against the geordies in his bruce rioch's reign .... fcuk me it was a different ball game. The tackles that nutty and dixon put in would get you jailed nowadays, and there was a real vibrancy about the game 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This new concussion substitution rule - aside from being completely unnecessary - appears to have encouraged Grealish at least to go down holding his head to stop opposition attacks.

Twice in the second half today. Twice.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:12 pm
This new concussion substitution rule - aside from being completely unnecessary - appears to have encouraged Grealish at least to go down holding his head to stop opposition attacks.

Twice in the second half today. Twice.
Yeah, I’m not comfortable with the way the game is stopped so frequently for “head injuries”.

Surely most (or all?) serious head injuries are very obvious immediately, and play naturally stops because players are concerned for a fellow professional.

Are serious head injuries EVER a result of innocuous challenges like those on Grealish today? If not, why are we stopping play so frequently?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This isn’t rugby. How often does a player get or potentially get concussion? And how often does it happen when they’ve made all 3 subs? And how often are they then made to play on?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 am
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am
Oh it gets better.... apparently its "insulting" for a woman to be considered for the men's team managers job. :roll: :lol:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... -insulting

The fucking sense of delusional entitlement these cùnts carry around with them is astonishing. :roll:

STAY IN YOUR OWN FUCKING GAME. :censored:
Hayes said: "First of all, I think it’s important we talk about my game tomorrow - I’m the manager of Chelsea.

“I manage and represent elite world-class players and for me, this is an amazing job I’ve spent nine years cultivating all of my energy into.

fuck yeah....

Let it live on its own and see how long it lasts....its a parasite living on the back of mens football....thats fair enough but dont then claim its world class as below:
Australian women's national team lose 7-0 to team of 15-year-old boys. Australia's women's football team are ranked the fifth best side in world football :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
I’m not even sure I’d watch women’s football if Kylie and Danni minogue were playing naked in my back garden,it’s fucking shit,end of

Let me know when it is on and I'll be there - I'll be the one that is surrounded by a load of lesbo's wet at the sight of them naked, and I will have an erection that will knock planes out of the sky

Ha ha ha ha spat me fuckin tea out at that :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:31 pm
This isn’t rugby. How often does a player get or potentially get concussion? And how often does it happen when they’ve made all 3 subs? And how often are they then made to play on?
In fairness it's starting to become as gay as rugby. If it fucking slows down to the same pace and tedium I'm fucking done with it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am
Oh it gets better.... apparently its "insulting" for a woman to be considered for the men's team managers job. :roll: :lol:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... -insulting

The fucking sense of delusional entitlement these cùnts carry around with them is astonishing. :roll:

STAY IN YOUR OWN FUCKING GAME. :censored:
Hayes said: "First of all, I think it’s important we talk about my game tomorrow - I’m the manager of Chelsea.

“I manage and represent elite world-class players and for me, this is an amazing job I’ve spent nine years cultivating all of my energy into.

fuck yeah....

Let it live on its own and see how long it lasts....its a parasite living on the back of mens football....thats fair enough but dont then claim its world class as below:
Australian women's national team lose 7-0 to team of 15-year-old boys. Australia's women's football team are ranked the fifth best side in world football :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
:lol: It’s all a fucking joke mate.

It’s not just women’s football they’re trying to force down our throats though. There is an attempt to make it part of our whole culture. Notice the amount of adverts around now for various things where it’s a girl kicking a ball around in the back garden ... or where it’s a girl waiting for her mum to wash her muddy football kit :roll:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:31 pm
In fairness it's starting to become as gay as rugby. If it fucking slows down to the same pace and tedium I'm fucking done with it.
Agreed mate.

I fear the men’s game is deliberately being watered down each passing season in terms of pace and also how physical it is so that in the near future they can merge the men’s and women’s game :banghead: That Soccer Aid shite has already experimented with a quota women on the same pitch :roll:

I suspect the cringey and blatant promotion of the women’s game hasn’t really had the desired effect so the only way to get the horse-faced flat chested bitches on some kind of pay parity is to put them in with the increasingly feminised male players.

Hope I snuff it before it happens but I’m sure it’s coming sooner rather than later.

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 pm
Btw I have just watched highlights of a cup game we played against the geordies in his bruce rioch's reign .... fcuk me it was a different ball game. The tackles that nutty and dixon put in would get you jailed nowadays, and there was a real vibrancy about the game 8)
Saw that game recently too Augie. I watch more old football than the current over-hyped, marketed shite.

The pace, aggression and defensive organisation for the period beginning around the late 70s to around the mid 2000s is totally different to now. 100x more watchable than the slow, continental, sideways pass-it-to-death shit we get today.

Also one of the main reasons I consider Maradona the best player ever because he played in the toughest era. Pele, Best, Eusebio etc all got kicked but their game was slower and they had more space. In contrast Messi and fake Ronaldo don’t get so much space but they’re not allowed to be kicked.

Give me any game pre 2006 and I’ll watch it but I fucking hate modern football :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Xhakatard has been staying true to type. :roll:

Typical of this generation of soft pampered fucking ladymen fooblers he's in the media again whining about how the nasty Arsenal fans turned on him for no reason whatsoever and how ex-players like Race Card and Henry provoked all the hatred aimed at the poor little diddums.

None of it had anything to do with his own fucking stupidity, attitude or incompetence. No. It was all someone else's fault. :roll: :oops:

This fucking melt still cannot accept any responsibility for what happened during the Palace game or that his own shitness and attitude is the reason he's hated. Let's not forget this prize cùnt still has never apologised for his carry on that night. :censored:

The fucking disingenuous little melt is also implying that he suffered an avalanche of abuse and sickening hatred aimed at his wife and daughter. Fucking lying cùnt. It was a tiny handful of cretinous mongs that went too far. But this walking penis acts like it was most Arsenal fans. :censored:

I hate this cùnt on a par with Cashley Ahole and VanJudasCunt. :censored: :twisted:

One of the things I'll always hold against Emery is the fact he didn't kick him out of the club that night after the Palace game and the fact he brought him back into the team. Ditto I cannot get past the fact that Arteta has gone one further and made the melt first choice for every game and is in the media hailing the fucking moron as a top player. :roll: :oops:

Xhakatard is one of the few players I genuinely would celebrate getting a career ending injury. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:21 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 pm
Saw that game recently too Augie. I watch more old football than the current over-hyped, marketed shite.

The pace, aggression and defensive organisation for the period beginning around the late 70s to around the mid 2000s is totally different to now. 100x more watchable than the slow, continental, sideways pass-it-to-death shit we get today.

Also one of the main reasons I consider Maradona the best player ever because he played in the toughest era. Pele, Best, Eusebio etc all got kicked but their game was slower and they had more space. In contrast Messi and fake Ronaldo don’t get so much space but they’re not allowed to be kicked.

Give me any game pre 2006 and I’ll watch it but I fucking hate modern football :censored:
100% bang on the money mate. 8) except for the bit about the Argie drug addict. :wink:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Always gets left off the list but Cruyff the elder could play a bit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Cunty commentator comment of the week:

"Mo Salah accepts the contact". :oops: :roll:

:censored:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Everything

LeftfootlegendGooner