Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal season-ticket holders racially abused midfielder Granit Xhaka on Twitter, an investigation has claimed.

Xhaka and other Premier League players were targeted during a month-long study as analysts aim to reveal the 'true life identities' of prolific abusers on social media.

Analysis by Signify, a data science company, has revealed 16 instances of targeted racist abuse towards Xhaka, including posts from accounts who 'self-identify as Arsenal season-ticket holders', in December last year.

Arsenal have told Sky Sports News they take the "strongest possible action" against any abuser that is linked directly to their season ticket or membership database.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:00 am
Arsenal season-ticket holders racially abused midfielder Granit Xhaka on Twitter, an investigation has claimed.

Xhaka and other Premier League players were targeted during a month-long study as analysts aim to reveal the 'true life identities' of prolific abusers on social media.

Analysis by Signify, a data science company, has revealed 16 instances of targeted racist abuse towards Xhaka, including posts from accounts who 'self-identify as Arsenal season-ticket holders', in December last year.

Arsenal have told Sky Sports News they take the "strongest possible action" against any abuser that is linked directly to their season ticket or membership database.
I would have thought donkeys were more of a species rather than a race.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:00 am

Well I can only say their efforts can be described as amateurish at best.

The muppet is still here :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 am
Can always depend on rio :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://onefootball.com/en/news/rio-fer ... g-32398672
You post a link here to something about Piglips the druggie cheat and then you are complaining in another thread that you are now seeing ads with the self same druggie cheat pop up on your phone whilst using the forum..... you see the connection there buddy? :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 am
Can always depend on rio :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://onefootball.com/en/news/rio-fer ... g-32398672
Fish-lipped, drug-cheating, gormless fucker. Always been a cünt, always will be. The prick thinks he's some sort of world expert but really the only thing he knows anything about is shagging birds behind his dying wife's back and trying to stop the press from publishing the stories.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Putting this in here because i'm not sure what topic it should be under:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... cial-media

Whilst i agree abuse based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or whatever should not happen i am becoming increasingly concerned over what is defined as abuse in this day and age, even more concerning is the part that talks about investigating and analysing the abuse with the intention of revealing the abusers:

'Xhaka and other Premier League players were targeted during a month-long study as analysts aim to reveal the 'true life identities' of prolific abusers on social media.

Analysis by Signify, a data science company, has revealed 16 instances of targeted racist abuse towards Xhaka, including posts from accounts who 'self-identify as Arsenal season-ticket holders', in December last year.'

This is worrying in that when you look at some of the comments on here about our players, other fans, other teams and players of other teams depending on who is 'analysing' them they could be deemed as abusive. Basically we are now being monitored by thought police ever more where if we say something not deemed acceptable by these faceless individuals or deemed as by them as abusive we can now be hunted down and openly named and shamed....... is this not the sort of thing Facists and Communists did back in the day, follow OUR party line or else!! :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Whilst i agree abuse based on race, religion, gender, sexuality or whatever should not happen i am becoming increasingly concerned over what is defined as abuse in this day and age, even more concerning is the part that talks about investigating and analysing the abuse with the intention of revealing the abusers:

'Xhaka and other Premier League players were targeted during a month-long study as analysts aim to reveal the 'true life identities' of prolific abusers on social media.

Analysis by Signify, a data science company, has revealed 16 instances of targeted racist abuse towards Xhaka, including posts from accounts who 'self-identify as Arsenal season-ticket holders', in December last year.'

This is worrying in that when you look at some of the comments on here about our players, other fans, other teams and players of other teams depending on who is 'analysing' them they could be deemed as abusive. Basically we are now being monitored by thought police ever more where if we say something not deemed acceptable by these faceless individuals or deemed as by them as abusive we can now be hunted down and openly named and shamed....... is this not the sort of thing Facists and Communists did back in the day, follow OUR party line or else!! :rubchin:
Weird thing is they never mention death threats online

See someone has been named and shamed (quite rightly) for sending a vile message about Captain Tom.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Weird thing is they never mention death threats online

See someone has been named and shamed (quite rightly) for sending a vile message about Captain Tom.
So anonymity is no longer allowed by the average Joe, but on the other hand the media can quote unnamed or unsubstantiated sources including criminals and so called 'experts' but protect those sources..... Dont get me wrong what that Prick said about Tom was reprehensible and he deserves a good kickin for saying it but he also has the right to say it if it is how he feels. Bear in mind I am an ex squaddie and what he said was along the lines of 'the only good British squaddie is a dead one' I will still defend his right to express his opinion because we live in a supposed Democracy not a police state run by hurt feelings and emotions :rubchin:

Christ we have to share this forum with a bunch of stinky Bog Trotters and you dont hear me complaining :box:

As I say, the way things are headed you will soon be banned from criticising anything at all you disagree with if you're not supporting the mainstream viewpoint, if you have an alternative opinion or viewpoint you will be labelled an 'ist' and jailed for it.

In Scotland the SNP are trying to force through legislation which would criminalise things said in your own home where as an example; a child who overheard it then mentioned it to someone who then reported it to the authorities you could then face prosecution, this could be something as simple as saying you disagree with a religion, homosexuality or transgenderism, disagreeing with something is not hate speech it is a viewpoint but if this legislation is brought in to law you will be a criminal for holding a non-approved viewpoint, again I ask do you trust those making the decisions on what is right and wrong and how you should think :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think Xhakatard is a cùnt. Jail me. 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Inevitably this rubbish is gradually dying off...agree with Zaha

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha says he will stop taking the knee before games.

BBC Sport understands the 28-year-old will no longer follow the initiative adopted in the Premier League last season after the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement.

On Thursday Zaha said players "should stand tall", reiterating his view that taking the knee is "degrading".

"It's becoming something that we just do now," he added.

Zaha continued: "It feels like we are isolating ourselves from these things that are not working anyway."

Last week, Zaha questioned the purpose of taking a knee before the start of matches while speaking to the On The Judy podcast.

He also said: "Why must I even wear Black Lives Matter on the back of my top to show you that we matter? This is all degrading stuff."

Speaking at the FT Business of Football summit, he added: "Growing up, my parents let me know I should be proud to be black. We should stand tall.

BOURNEMOUTH have joined Brentford in opting against taking the knee before matches.
Last edited by Redarmy on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:22 am
I think Xhakatard is a cùnt. Jail me. 8)
:lol:

Is that one of the monopoly board squares :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Leicester City will be designating its Premier League fixture at home to Arsenal to the Football v Homophobia campaign.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm
Leicester City will be designating its Premier League fixture at home to Arsenal to the Football v Homophobia campaign.
FFS really? Presumably, before kick off, half the players will stay standing and the others drop to their knees?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 pm
I read that as Football v Homosexuality and wondered if it was a charity football v rugby game.