Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just watched the Championship playoff Final.I wanted Huddersfield to win,but can't believe that we have come to the point where PLAYERS take selfie sticks up with them to receive their trophy/medals.
Along with fucking bearded hipster c*unts,the Japanese tourist,"I've paid £500 for my ticket but don't really know/care where I am,and the absolute fucktards who had to "video" the minutes silence at the Cup Final instead of actually respecting and observing it,modern football is fucked. :twisted:
Last edited by Rugby Gooner on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mistical92

Re: Modern Football Bo**cks

Post by Mistical92 »

Sky give them out to the players, it's not them doing it themselves. I suppose they could refuse though.

More importantly, those fucking hand clapper things they give fans nowadays. Use your fucking hands to clap.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Reactions from managers shown to goals or missed chances

Celebrity faces in the crowd

Slow motion footage of just about anything to make even mundane things look dramatic (i.e. players getting off the coach, players squeezing water on their heads, looking to the skies after missing a chance )

Women who are there for the camera to spot them looking emotional

Gimmicks like FA cup footballs and the winter ball

Rehearsed goal celebrations

Pundits wearing sharp suits like its a fucking fashion parade

Never ending pre-match talk and analysis

Music blasting out of the tannoy before the game and at half time .... and even worse when it comes after a goal is scored.

Banal interview followed by banal analysis of that interview

Selfie sticks, mobile phones,

People eating during a game

Players taking their shirt off when they score

Minutes silences where the camera zooms in on peoples faces .... just keep the long shot FFS

This new applause thing for something when the clock strikes the relevant minute

Players bringing their snotty kids onto the pitch

( Part I of XV)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

"Top 4"

Finishing 15-20 points off the title and still suggesting that you are running with the big boys. Sad.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Replica shirts
Shit new designs every fucking season
Third kits
Shit chants regurgitated by every set of fans
"Super Sunday", "Soccer (whatever that is) Saturday" and "MNF"

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bandwagon fans......sanatised atmosphere....Sky apologising "if you heard some bad language "......people crying for effect during minutes silence/applause in the hope of being on TV.....waving madly if you are on big screen even if your team is losing.....Playoffs..Virtual success.....

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Forgot to mention the cliché merchants and ex pros who spend Monday mornings standing outside empty stadiums, on golf courses or sitting beside oversized lamps in their living rooms spouting the most banal drivel that Sky Sports News treat as ground breaking pundiatry...

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Just watched the Championship playoff Final.I wanted Huddersfield to win,but can't believe that we have come to the point where PLAYERS take selfie sticks up with them to receive their trophy/medals.
Along with fucking bearded hipster c*unts,the Japanese tourist,"I've paid £500 for my ticket but don't really know/care where I am,and the absolute fucktards who had to "video" the minutes silence at the Cup Final instead of actually respecting and observing it,modern football is fucked. :twisted:
Why only the Japanese ones?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I love this thread. 8)

People using iPads during the match
This whole "inclusive" PC shite of getting women involved in a man's game
Hipster football fans - if I see one more cúnt in skinny jeans with a side parting and a beard... :censored:
Cúnts in their twenties wearing flat caps to football matches... :oops: :oops: :censored:
The sick wanky manufactured fuckology that is SlySports Transfer Deadline Day - has anyone ever heard anything less interesting than that twat Jim "I'm mates with football people, me" White shiting out of him absolute cuntpoo like "we have huge breaking news! We are going over live to Middlesbrough who have finalised the signing of Bernardo Espinosa from Sporting Gijón on a free transfer!" :oops: :roll:

Modern football is mostly played by cúnts, run by cúnts, talked about by cúnts, written about by cúnts, and watched by cúnts. :banghead: :censored:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Just watched the Championship playoff Final.I wanted Huddersfield to win,but can't believe that we have come to the point where PLAYERS take selfie sticks up with them to receive their trophy/medals.
Why only the Japanese ones?
Good point mate,All Tourists.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Clash wrote:Reactions from managers shown to goals or missed chances

Celebrity faces in the crowd

Slow motion footage of just about anything to make even mundane things look dramatic (i.e. players getting off the coach, players squeezing water on their heads, looking to the skies after missing a chance )

Women who are there for the camera to spot them looking emotional

Gimmicks like FA cup footballs and the winter ball

Rehearsed goal celebrations

Pundits wearing sharp suits like its a fucking fashion parade

Never ending pre-match talk and analysis

Music blasting out of the tannoy before the game and at half time .... and even worse when it comes after a goal is scored.

Banal interview followed by banal analysis of that interview

Selfie sticks, mobile phones,

People eating during a game

Players taking their shirt off when they score

Minutes silences where the camera zooms in on peoples faces .... just keep the long shot FFS

This new applause thing for something when the clock strikes the relevant minute

Players bringing their snotty kids onto the pitch

( Part I of XV)

Spot on mate

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Use of the phrase "matchday experience"

Glorification of the transfer window

Half and half scarves

Pretty much all of what has already been listed above

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Thursday night football for the Europa League :evil:

to be honest if it was on Tuesdays/Wednesdays like the CL I would look at it as a half decent competition to be in - some of my best earlier Arsenal memories are from when we competed in the old UEFA & Cup Winners Cup

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:Use of the phrase "matchday experience"

Glorification of the transfer window

Half and half scarves

Pretty much all of what has already been listed above
How did I forget half and half scarves? It ain't fucking rugby !!!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Players not celebrating scoring against a former club :roll:

TV and the police dictating kick off times

Small allocations for away fans with big followings

The false ''we're all good pals'' act for the cameras in the studios

The modern trend to end a football show by showing action at 100mph with a camera shooting all over the place zooming in and out, up and down etc.

Co-commentators who dont know when to STFU

The hypocrisy of terracing somehow being safe at smaller clubs but not big clubs.

Lack of Saturday 3pm games

Commentators (ITV in particular) seeming to be aiming their commentary at viewers watching a football match for the first time

Nicknames - Big Sam, JT, Stevie G, Macca, Carra, Clem :roll: