Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:39 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am
Sky were doing that for years with Newcastle. Desperately clinging onto the "Entertainers" tag that Sky gave them in the Keegan years. Newcastle games were always being picked for broadcast despite the fact that they were shite.

Sky's football presenters and reporters are the most nauseating and sycophantic people I've ever seen on TV. I cannot bear to watch anything they show. I'd rather watch a shouty commentator on an Arabic stream who has verbal diarrhoea than tune into any football on their channels.

In contrast their coverage of cricket is exceptionally good.
Ah the Toon sleeping giants of the north myth. We used to have a Mackem fan that used to be a regular on here. A great lad and one of the few non Arsenal supporters we let on here. He called Newcastle "the spurs of the north". :lol:
Yep I remember him. Good honest lad.
Wasn’t it Bendtners drinking buddy?
Nope. He's a Gooner. The guy had SAFC in his user name.

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:53 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 am
Sky were doing that for years with Newcastle. Desperately clinging onto the "Entertainers" tag that Sky gave them in the Keegan years. Newcastle games were always being picked for broadcast despite the fact that they were shite.

Sky's football presenters and reporters are the most nauseating and sycophantic people I've ever seen on TV. I cannot bear to watch anything they show. I'd rather watch a shouty commentator on an Arabic stream who has verbal diarrhoea than tune into any football on their channels.

In contrast their coverage of cricket is exceptionally good.
Ah the Toon sleeping giants of the north myth. We used to have a Mackem fan that used to be a regular on here. A great lad and one of the few non Arsenal supporters we let on here. He called Newcastle "the spurs of the north". :lol:
It was safc ftm 2-1 or something similar (ftm being fuck the Mags and I assume they beat Newcastle 2-1 around the time he signed up!)

He was madly in love with Bendtner though after his loan spell with them.

I’m good friends with him, he actually went on a couple of Arsenal European away days with me, safe in the knowledge he wouldn’t be able to see his own team in European competition and a good excuse for a piss up!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Manure have announced the appointment of "club legend" Darren Fletcher as new technical director.

Club legend. :coffeespit: Jesus wept. :oops:

Bit like us appointing Igors Stepanovs as technical director. :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The new Champions League proposals look horrific - an extra 100 games a season !!!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

wibble wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:53 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It was safc ftm 2-1 or something similar (ftm being fuck the Mags and I assume they beat Newcastle 2-1 around the time he signed up!)

He was madly in love with Bendtner though after his loan spell with them.

I’m good friends with him, he actually went on a couple of Arsenal European away days with me, safe in the knowledge he wouldn’t be able to see his own team in European competition and a good excuse for a piss up!
I remember one very late/early morning post where he must have been smashed,slating Newcastle,his spelling was awful and so random,but it was fucking hilarious,I think he actually said I’m pissed so excuse the spelling :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Manure have announced the appointment of "club legend" Darren Fletcher as new technical director.

Joel Campbell as Attacking development :oops:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 pm

Joel Campbell as Attacking development :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Some no mark Sheffield United player ( Lys Moussett ) has been charged after crashing his Lamborghini into several parked cars 🚗 🚙

A Sheffield United player ffs swanning around in a Lambo like a rock star :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:24 pm
Some no mark Sheffield United player ( Lys Moussett ) has been charged after crashing his Lamborghini into several parked cars 🚗 🚙

A Sheffield United player ffs swanning around in a Lambo like a rock star :banghead:
The game has eaten it's own arsehole Stu. Most modern fooblers are no mark mutts that achieve nothing, win nothing, and still leave the game as millionaires. The mentality of so many of them is fucked. They brag about their money, their Lambo, their new trainers but not about trophies or winners medals. :censored: :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The panel, consisting of Steven Warnock, Sue Smith and ex-referee Dermot Gallagher, were busy discussing the penalty incident from Sunday’s clash.
Gallagher said he felt Lacazette was fortunate to win the spot-kick, before going on to say that it was a ‘glitch in the system’ as VAR failed to intervene.

Have we enough evidence of an agenda against Arsenal FC?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Putting aside it being a penalty to Arsenal, if I'd been watching a game with say the Barcodes and Fulham no matter which way it went I'd have been calling it a penalty all day long, you take out a player any where else on the pitch in the same manner after the ball has gone and they are getting a free kick, end of..... there are no ifs buts or maybes here the player was taken out by an opposition player. I guarantee if it had been at the other end everyone would have been saying it was a penalty, the analysis would have been exactly why it was given rather than why it shouldnt have been given.

There are certain teams in the league that seem to have an almost mythical status in commentators and pundits heads who can never do any wrong, there are also certain teams who most definitely do not have this status. The days of pundits neutrality or even trying to be neutral are long gone :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 pm
The panel, consisting of Steven Warnock, Sue Smith and ex-referee Dermot Gallagher, were busy discussing the penalty incident from Sunday’s clash.
Gallagher said he felt Lacazette was fortunate to win the spot-kick, before going on to say that it was a ‘glitch in the system’ as VAR failed to intervene.

Where's that information from mate?

Dermot Gallagher was in the Spark Sport studio on Sunday and was asked for his take on the penalty. His answer was to agree it was the correct decision as it didn't fall within VAR's remit.

Maureen was interviewed after the game and said when he asked the fourth official (Kevin Friend) why no VAR intervention he was told that the Ref had a clear view, was happy with his decision and didn't require any input from VAR.

Does anyone actually know what they're doing or what they're talking about!?

Seems to me they really do just make it up as they go. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:26 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Where's that information from mate?

Dermot Gallagher was in the Spark Sport studio on Sunday and was asked for his take on the penalty. His answer was to agree it was the correct decision as it didn't fall within VAR's remit.

Maureen was interviewed after the game and said when he asked the fourth official (Kevin Friend) why no VAR intervention he was told that the Ref had a clear view, was happy with his decision and didn't require any input from VAR.

Does anyone actually know what they're doing or what they're talking about!?

Seems to me they really do just make it up as they go. :lol:
SKY Sports

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Add this on to the fact of the obvious penalty not given in the Burnley game, NO fuss in the media over that one

Serious fucking cheating going on.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:59 pm
Putting aside it being a penalty to Arsenal, if I'd been watching a game with say the Barcodes and Fulham no matter which way it went I'd have been calling it a penalty all day long, you take out a player any where else on the pitch in the same manner after the ball has gone and they are getting a free kick, end of..... there are no ifs buts or maybes here the player was taken out by an opposition player. I guarantee if it had been at the other end everyone would have been saying it was a penalty, the analysis would have been exactly why it was given rather than why it shouldnt have been given.

There are certain teams in the league that seem to have an almost mythical status in commentators and pundits heads who can never do any wrong, there are also certain teams who most definitely do not have this status. The days of pundits neutrality or even trying to be neutral are long gone :roll:
In years gone by I'd usually call that post (and Red Army's post above it and Roddaz's last 246 posts :wink: ) a complete load of old bollocks.

But tbh with everything I've seen over the last couple seasons, and particularly the stuff involving VAR Abomination, I find myself agreeing totally with you. Whether its childish favouritism, out right cheating, subconscious hero worship of certain clubs, or an actual conspiracy who knows, but there is definitely something going on here. It goes way beyond coincidence.