Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:26 pm
Going back to the sixties I spent a lot of time working on the beach in Spain . When I came back I went to train with my old team and our winger was from the Carribbean . In the showers it was obvious that I was darker than him as we compared our arms . He then flicked his towel at my arse and yelled but what about the white bit..

Nobody took offence and why should they ?
Ooh, said the gentleman to the bishop.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:34 am
Like anything it's where do you draw the line and this is where modern society has lost the plot. When Ron Atkinson thought he was off air and described Marcel Desailly as a "lazy n+++er" to my mind he got everything he deserved (or maybe not enough actually). Its a word that belongs to a bygone age thankfully and if I heard any prick in the stadium using that word, I would certainly be offended when used in that context

However, we now can't even have a laugh or a joke these days. In the mid-90s I played for a Sunday league team in Croydon where there was only me and 2 other white lads, the rest being black, and some of the white/black dressing room banter remains some of my funniest memories in playing football. Nothing was spared from apperance, musical taste, which clubs we went to, how we walked, the phrases we used - it was pure banter and never once crossed the line. However, some of the things we said to each other if they now made their way into a Whatsapp message or Twitter post would have all of us (black and white) banned and probably calls for us all to be arrested.

I still occasionally see some of those lads and can't remember a single occasion where anyone felt out with each other.

Context as always

If we are all agreed that use of the word n****r is outrageously wrong, then why do some black people call themselves by that word ? I am reminded of a line in the film Coach Carter where Samuel Jackson tells a black kid that "if a white guy used that word you would want to get up and beat him, so you using that word tells him that it is ok to use that word" - that kinda sums it up for me cos no person, black or white, should be using that word
agreed ...but its NOT a hanging offence

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Lawyers and protest groups back in the 2000s realised there was a way to make money from being offended and it has spiralled from there.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:35 pm
Lawyers and protest groups back in the 2000s realised there was a way to make money from being offended and it has spiralled from there.
Cherie Blair and a host of offers has made a small fortune from it........

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I notice that nobody picked up on Jermaine Jenas taking the piss out of Emery's accent with his 'Good Ebening' tweet after we were knocked out the other night, surely that is discriminatory or is it ok to take the piss if you are an ethnic minority 'celebidy' :rubchin:

You can bet your arse if a white pundit took the piss out of an ethnic minority accent they'd be out on their ear these days :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 am
I notice that nobody picked up on Jermaine Jenas taking the piss out of Emery's accent with his 'Good Ebening' tweet after we were knocked out the other night, surely that is discriminatory or is it ok to take the piss if you are an ethnic minority 'celebidy' :rubchin:

You can bet your arse if a white pundit took the piss out of an ethnic minority accent they'd be out on their ear these days :roll:
Didn't see it as I do not go near twatter unless directed by someone to look at something specific. But yeah I'd imagine if a white guy did that to a black or Asian guy there would be murder. Similarly if someone launched a Music of White Origin Awards I wonder what the response would be.... :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Same as when they use LGBT - isn't it being discriminatory against Straight People? :?

Saw this and thought it spoke volumes:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

So UEFA want the Government to waive quarantine rules for 2000 “dignitaries and guests” to come to the UCL Final. The same UEFA that took the moral high ground over the ESL. What utter fucking cretins.

PS - will never forget Paris 2006. Stood outside with a bundle of cash in my pocket but couldn’t buy a ticket for love nor money. Watching hundreds of UEFA guests strolling into the Heineken lounge without a care in the world as to who won that final. Just a massive fucking gravy train.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

UEFA's motto 'Do as we say, not what we do'. As I've said before the EPL, FA, UEFA and FIFA have been the ultimate hypocrites about the ESL but most people in their self-righteous indignation have completely missed the fact.....

All because there was going to be 15 teams who couldn't be relegated for the first 20 years, so what, league winners from smaller leagues across Europe have to qualify to enter the ECL but 4th place teams from the big 5 get there as a right... Now that is modern football bollocks and nothing to do with sportsmanship, effectively they want more people watching to make more money from viewing figures exactly what the ESL club's wanted, the difference being the governing bodies weren't getting their cut of the ready cash :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:44 am
UEFA's motto 'Do as we say, not what we do'. As I've said before the EPL, FA, UEFA and FIFA have been the ultimate hypocrites about the ESL but most people in their self-righteous indignation have completely missed the fact.....

All because there was going to be 15 teams who couldn't be relegated for the first 20 years, so what, league winners from smaller leagues across Europe have to qualify to enter the ECL but 4th place teams from the big 5 get there as a right... Now that is modern football bollocks and nothing to do with sportsmanship, effectively they want more people watching to make more money from viewing figures exactly what the ESL club's wanted, the difference being the governing bodies weren't getting their cut of the ready cash :roll:
Exactly right - FIFA who made many a dignitary rich through bribes (Qatar 2022 anyone?), and UEFA who at the same time were appalled by the ESL rushed through and agreed an even more bloated Champions League which will run till something like 2033.

Much as I hated the ESL idea, it wasn't because of the collateral damage to those c.unts in UEFA or FIFA who are the most self serving, corrupt bunch of arsewipes known to man!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

When did the Norwegian Diver Solskjaer get replaced at manure? :shock:

According to SlySports the "Man Utd head coach" is to step down?

Apparently he was replaced by some lezzer called Casey Stoney and now she is stepping down from the role. When did that happen? :shock:

:roll:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Apparently he was replaced by some lezzer called Casey Stoney and now she is stepping down from the role. When did that happen? :shock:

Ah i remember the good old days when no one gave a rats about women's football cause it was dire and just had cast off bulldykes from the local rugby squad trying their hand at it. Nowadays some tart leaves a coaching role and it makes headlines........probably a bullying story to follow where the male assistant manager stuck a tampon up his hole to be one of the girls and they all got offended when he didnt bleed like they did and they sussed he wasn't really a bird like he said he identified as.

I yearn for the good old days, don't judge me...i aint saying its right!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ah i remember the good old days when no one gave a rats about women's football cause it was dire and just had cast off bulldykes from the local rugby squad trying their hand at it. Nowadays some tart leaves a coaching role and it makes headlines........probably a bullying story to follow where the male assistant manager stuck a tampon up his hole to be one of the girls and they all got offended when he didnt bleed like they did and they sussed he wasn't really a bird like he said he identified as.

I'm with you all the way man. This nonsense women's version of the game is at a shitter level than my astro game ffs. :roll:

I am so sick if this shit of the women's game being entitled to be treated on a par with the men's game. How about they fuckung earn it first? :censored:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 pm
xgtdec wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I'm with you all the way man. This nonsense women's version of the game is at a shitter level than my astro game ffs. :roll:

I am so sick if this shit of the women's game being entitled to be treated on a par with the men's game. How about they fuckung earn it first? :censored:
When you consider that these women's national teams lose to men's under-16's, it makes it even funnier that they think it's equal. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 pm
xgtdec wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

When you consider that these women's national teams lose to men's under-16's, it makes it even funnier that they think it's equal. :lol:
I know - it's fucking piss funny. :lol:

They had one of their "top" players on that shit soccer am show and she kicked the ball with all the technique of a fat 50 year old mom at a family barbecue in the backyard.... after a few glasses of wine. :oops: