Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 50995
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Redkrapps. :censored:

And fucking SlySports pissing money up the wall with their "Redkrapp's Big Night Out" horseshit. :roll:

Does anyone else find both Redkrapps have the creepiest peado eyes? :twisted:

And some fat bald mockney cùnt is there to felch both of them too. :censored:

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Clummo99 »

"The Premier League made history in last night’s game between Leicester City and Crystal Palace by allowing a pause in play to allow players to break their Ramadan fast for the first time."

So the two players it affected couldn't wait a further 10 minutes until halftime before having a munch?

FFS it really is all bollox.

:lol:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 50995
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 pm
"The Premier League made history in last night’s game between Leicester City and Crystal Palace by allowing a pause in play to allow players to break their Ramadan fast for the first time."

So the two players it affected couldn't wait a further 10 minutes until halftime before having a munch?

FFS it really is all bollox.

:lol:
Racist. Islamist. Somethingist. :lol: :wink:

What a lot of pc gash. I've a better idea, don't let them play when they are fasting. Surely it is not safe to allow players to fast before and during high tempo sports? See how fucking serious they are about their religion then. :roll:

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:40 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 pm
"The Premier League made history in last night’s game between Leicester City and Crystal Palace by allowing a pause in play to allow players to break their Ramadan fast for the first time."

So the two players it affected couldn't wait a further 10 minutes until halftime before having a munch?

FFS it really is all bollox.

:lol:
Racist. Islamist. Somethingist. :lol: :wink:

What a lot of pc gash. I've a better idea, don't let them play when they are fasting. Surely it is not safe to allow players to fast before and during high tempo sports? See how fucking serious they are about their religion then. :roll:
Exactly. If a player holds their religion that highly then surely they would ask not to play?

User avatar
wibble
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by wibble »

A clip from 1994 re the future of football and impact of tv companies:


https://mobile.twitter.com/HLTCO/status ... 2F56889505

chirpy999
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by chirpy999 »

very apt clip and very true!

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 14674
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by rodders999 »

Turned on SSN this morning and the first story was about a Notts County coach who was forced to resign after being overheard making racist comments about an opposition player during their last match.

Turns out he said that the player reminded him of one of those African players who is actually way older than they claim to be.

And now he’s gone, holy fuck.

Next story was about Mad Jens who’s also had to resign over a racist remark. He sent a WhatsApp to a friend calling a presenter on sky sports Germany the token black guy.

Just best to never speak ever again I reckon.

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am
Turned on SSN this morning and the first story was about a Notts County coach who was forced to resign after being overheard making racist comments about an opposition player during their last match.

Turns out he said that the player reminded him of one of those African players who is actually way older than they claim to be.

And now he’s gone, holy fuck.

Next story was about Mad Jens who’s also had to resign over a racist remark. He sent a WhatsApp to a friend calling a presenter on sky sports Germany the token black guy.

Just best to never speak ever again I reckon.
I don't see either of those comments as racist in any way. As you say, best to just stay quiet.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27236
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am
Turned on SSN this morning and the first story was about a Notts County coach who was forced to resign after being overheard making racist comments about an opposition player during their last match.

Turns out he said that the player reminded him of one of those African players who is actually way older than they claim to be.

And now he’s gone, holy fuck.

Next story was about Mad Jens who’s also had to resign over a racist remark. He sent a WhatsApp to a friend calling a presenter on sky sports Germany the token black guy.

Just best to never speak ever again I reckon.



I'll give you that and raise it .....

Jim Beglin was forced to apologise today after a "racist" comment he made during last night's champions league game - the comment he made was that he said that di maria showed his latino temperament when he got sent off last night. What the absolute fcuk is that all about ? How the fcuk is that racist ??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... maria-psg/

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 50995
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:08 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am
Turned on SSN this morning and the first story was about a Notts County coach who was forced to resign after being overheard making racist comments about an opposition player during their last match.

Turns out he said that the player reminded him of one of those African players who is actually way older than they claim to be.

And now he’s gone, holy fuck.

Next story was about Mad Jens who’s also had to resign over a racist remark. He sent a WhatsApp to a friend calling a presenter on sky sports Germany the token black guy.

Just best to never speak ever again I reckon.



I'll give you that and raise it .....

Jim Beglin was forced to apologise today after a "racist" comment he made during last night's champions league game - the comment he made was that he said that di maria showed his latino temperament when he got sent off last night. What the absolute fcuk is that all about ? How the fcuk is that racist ??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... maria-psg/
What complete nonsense. None of those comments are racist. At very worst they might be seen to be stereotyping the individual but that is not racism and is not against the law. This kind of OTT pc bullshit dilutes the entire racism argument and takes attention away from real racism and racist abuse.

The Notts County coach's comment was inappropriate maybe, distasteful humour maybe, but it was not racist.

The Tool Lehmann's comment could be taken as social commentary decrying the lack of black people on screen or at worst again be seen as distasteful humour, but not racist. The term is a common cultural trope used against organisations that are not inclusive or diverse.

As for Beglin. He's a twat at the best of times but again what he said is stereotyping at worst, but not racist. Some Latinos take pride in that cliche the way many Oirish people take pride in "the fighting Irish".

It is not racist to call someone "that black guy over there" if he is black. Similarly calling me "that Oirish guy over there" is not racist. I fucking am that Oirish guy over there! :lol:

The world is so bogged down in this snowflake horseshit around the silly shit that does not matter that it fails miserably to address the shit that does matter like homelessness, real racism, child slavery, child abuse, poverty etc.

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:03 pm
augie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:08 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am
Turned on SSN this morning and the first story was about a Notts County coach who was forced to resign after being overheard making racist comments about an opposition player during their last match.

Turns out he said that the player reminded him of one of those African players who is actually way older than they claim to be.

And now he’s gone, holy fuck.

Next story was about Mad Jens who’s also had to resign over a racist remark. He sent a WhatsApp to a friend calling a presenter on sky sports Germany the token black guy.

Just best to never speak ever again I reckon.



I'll give you that and raise it .....

Jim Beglin was forced to apologise today after a "racist" comment he made during last night's champions league game - the comment he made was that he said that di maria showed his latino temperament when he got sent off last night. What the absolute fcuk is that all about ? How the fcuk is that racist ??

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... maria-psg/
What complete nonsense. None of those comments are racist. At very worst they might be seen to be stereotyping the individual but that is not racism and is not against the law. This kind of OTT pc bullshit dilutes the entire racism argument and takes attention away from real racism and racist abuse.

The Notts County coach's comment was inappropriate maybe, distasteful humour maybe, but it was not racist.

The Tool Lehmann's comment could be taken as social commentary decrying the lack of black people on screen or at worst again be seen as distasteful humour, but not racist. The term is a common cultural trope used against organisations that are not inclusive or diverse.

As for Beglin. He's a twat at the best of times but again what he said is stereotyping at worst, but not racist. Some Latinos take pride in that cliche the way many Oirish people take pride in "the fighting Irish".

It is not racist to call someone "that black guy over there" if he is black. Similarly calling me "that Oirish guy over there" is not racist. I fucking am that Oirish guy over there! :lol:

The world is so bogged down in this snowflake horseshit around the silly shit that does not matter that it fails miserably to address the shit that does matter like homelessness, real racism, child slavery, child abuse, poverty etc.
100%. My Mrs is a Latina and boy, oh boy, can she be feisty. :lol: I have some close Latino friends in California too, who when I visit are proud of their feisty, overt nature and it's great.

It's not racist to point out, or refer to, known characteristics. It would be racist if it's mentioned as a negative, but it wasn't.

The thing is, all of this overly PC stuff is, sadly, creating a social segregation between people. If people feel they can't say anything anymore without being labelled a bigot then it WILL lead to resentment. It WILL lead to anger. It WILL lead unnecessary division and hatred. It's as if it's organised.

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Clummo99 »

So I would be deemed racist if I was to say that Mo Farah is a great distance runner purely because he is of African descent? The fact I would be referring to him as an individual but some twat somewhere could totally misrepresent my statement that would see me having to apologise.

History shows that the truly great distance runners are from or have family links to continental Africa, are extremely thin and of very slight build.

At best I could be accused of stereotyping.

What started as a compliment based on fact could easily be twisted to be construed as meaning something nefarious and ugly.

I was recently challenged when I used the old fashioned term of "calling a spade a spade"

Because the person I was talking to had never heard of the phrase she immediately accused me of making a racist comment! :roll: :lol:

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

It's like the bloody football, there no consistency and the rules change weekly. :banghead: :lol:

What is it the kids say these days? "I identify as" someone who hasn't got a scooby. :lol:

A11M11
Posts: 1526
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by A11M11 »

The thing is, all of this overly PC stuff is, sadly, creating a social segregation between people. If people feel they can't say anything anymore without being labelled a bigot then it WILL lead to resentment. It WILL lead to anger. It WILL lead unnecessary division and hatred. It's as if it's organised.


Already has ! and probably is.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27236
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:39 pm
So I would be deemed racist if I was to say that Mo Farah is a great distance runner purely because he is of African descent? The fact I would be referring to him as an individual but some twat somewhere could totally misrepresent my statement that would see me having to apologise.

History shows that the truly great distance runners are from or have family links to continental Africa, are extremely thin and of very slight build.

At best I could be accused of stereotyping.

What started as a compliment based on fact could easily be twisted to be construed as meaning something nefarious and ugly.

I was recently challenged when I used the old fashioned term of "calling a spade a spade"

Because the person I was talking to had never heard of the phrase she immediately accused me of making a racist comment! :roll: :lol:



Should have told the stupid mare that she should be at home cooking or ironing for her family 8) :wink:

Post Reply