Operation Saturn

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Operation Saturn

Post by Midz »

Arsenal to increase the capacity at Emirates Stadium as club plots 'Operation Saturn' project
Arsenal are planning to increase the capacity at the Emirates by around 800 seats.

The plan - named ‘Operation Saturn’ - will see the extra capacity added to the existing club level seating at the ground.

Arsenal are currently in discussions with Islington Council about the project as they look at ways to add extra seating to their north London home.

It really is all about the money at Cashburton Grove isn't it. :roll:

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/n ... y-13560701

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Operation Saturn

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Operation Saturn should be the codename for an undercover operation to shoot Wenger.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:27 pm
Operation Saturn should be the codename for an undercover operation to shoot Wenger.
operation shoot the *word censored* would be too much of a giveaway :)

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:28 pm
Arsenal to increase the capacity at Emirates Stadium as club plots 'Operation Saturn' project
Arsenal are planning to increase the capacity at the Emirates by around 800 seats.

The plan - named ‘Operation Saturn’ - will see the extra capacity added to the existing club level seating at the ground.

Arsenal are currently in discussions with Islington Council about the project as they look at ways to add extra seating to their north London home.

It really is all about the money at Cashburton Grove isn't it. :roll:

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/n ... y-13560701
Good luck trying to find 800 daft pricks to sit in them.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Yep it's all about the money for sure and yet our clueless owner,directors and manager still toss away £60m with the Sanchez fuckup. Not to mention millions wasted on contracts for non performing players. What a way to run a plc - amateurs the lot of them!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

It's 800 seats ffs.. which we already had when the ground was built, why the need for some stupid title "operation Saturn"?, hardly f*cking dramatic is it?.

As I said just a load of low key corporate crap for Arsene Stanley PLC.

Good luck flogging those club level seats after we finish midtable and you have other London clubs with better stadiums than the shitty corporate bowl.

This club is FUBAR.

Run it the f*ck into the ground for all I care, the point of no return has been reached.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:36 am
It's 800 seats ffs.. which we already had when the ground was built, why the need for some stupid title "operation Saturn"?, hardly f*cking dramatic is it?.

As I said just a load of low key corporate crap for Arsene Stanley PLC.

Good luck flogging those club level seats after we finish midtable and you have other London clubs with better stadiums than the shitty corporate bowl.

This club is FUBAR.

Run it the f*ck into the ground for all I care, the point of no return has been reached.
Yeah operation Saturn FFS :banghead: just shows you the moronic bean counters are flourishing at the Arsenal PLC

brucers

Post by brucers »

The more hospitality seats there are the more marginalised real fans become.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Operation Saturn - For all the ringpieces who sit in club level!! 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Why were the seats taken out in the first place? It was hardly to make room for the great unwashed I'd imagine.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Is this just so they can say it's more than 61k and therefore the new SHL? Complete bollocks.

Apart from making one rich prick money, the club is pointless right now.

NickF

Post by NickF »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:29 am
Why were the seats taken out in the first place? It was hardly to make room for the great unwashed I'd imagine.
I read it was to be compliant with the number of spaces that need to be allowed for wheelchair supporters. When the stadium was built there wasn't enough.

I know at the end of the day it doesn't really matter but it is good to have a bigger ground than sp*rs.

brucers

Post by brucers »

NickF wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:28 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:29 am
I read it was to be compliant with the number of spaces that need to be allowed for wheelchair supporters. When the stadium was built there wasn't enough.

I know at the end of the day it doesn't really matter but it is good to have a bigger ground than sp*rs.
I would rather have Highbury than worry about Spurs having more capacity!

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 am
Operation Saturn - For all the ringpieces who sit in club level!! 8)
should be Operation U-ARE-AN-ANUS in honour of the glorious leader

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Err according to the article it won't be 61K just closer to or above the 60,432 or whatever it was when the corporate bowl opened, so we can't even get a little satisfaction from knowing it's bigger than SHL, that is how pathetic we are these days thanks to the group of bean counting old c**ts who run the corporation (not even going to bother referring to Arsenal as a FC anymore).

:roll: