A return to the 80s........the early 80s

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
User avatar
Brightonnxtround
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Don't know why I posted this here , wrong thread :D

Step
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Step »

So all is rosy in the garden again after our emphatic 1 nil win over the 10 man Red Hand Gang (one for the teenagers).

At least Wilshire looked the part and Giroud proved once again that he can contribute positively once during a match and at least this time it paid off.

Re the 80s eleven nice to see that once again the misspelling of Kenny's name gets another airing!!! Is this the most misspelt Arsenal player name of all time or does that accolade go to Jack??

The comments re the Totts I,m afraid are misguided. Take the rose coloureds off and smell the coffee. They appear to be progressing.
Sadly we are not and will not under the deluded one.

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3662
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Nos89 »

Bloody spell check!! :banghead: :banghead:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49312
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Bellerin is the best full back we have at the club, like Sansom was in the early '80's.
Bellerin has been absolutely shit for 2 seasons now. He had one season where he looked top drawer but has regressed terribly since. Same with Monreal. We have no really good fullbacks at the club. Hopefully Kolasinac will change that, but I'm pretty sure Wenger will turn him into an unadventurous, shit crossing, backward passing shadow of himself within a year. :roll:

User avatar
GranadaJoe
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:56 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Bellerin is the best full back we have at the club, like Sansom was in the early '80's.
Bellerin has been absolutely shit for 2 seasons now. He had one season where he looked top drawer but has regressed terribly since. Same with Monreal. We have no really good fullbacks at the club. Hopefully Kolasinac will change that, but I'm pretty sure Wenger will turn him into an unadventurous, shit crossing, backward passing shadow of himself within a year. :roll:

Moreover, in our three at the back system, the wingbacks are crucial in providing width and attacking threat and Bellerin and the Tank are the only players we have who can play there. Excellent planning from Wenger.

I knew as soon as Bellerin got his ponytail and topknot hairstyle that he was going downhill.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49312
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:56 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Bellerin is the best full back we have at the club, like Sansom was in the early '80's.
Bellerin has been absolutely shit for 2 seasons now. He had one season where he looked top drawer but has regressed terribly since. Same with Monreal. We have no really good fullbacks at the club. Hopefully Kolasinac will change that, but I'm pretty sure Wenger will turn him into an unadventurous, shit crossing, backward passing shadow of himself within a year. :roll:

Moreover, in our three at the back system, the wingbacks are crucial in providing width and attacking threat and Bellerin and the Tank are the only players we have who can play there. Excellent planning from Wenger.

I knew as soon as Bellerin got his ponytail and topknot hairstyle that he was going downhill.
Yep, me too. Once players are spending more time on their tattoos and with their hairdresser and less on perfecting their game you just know they are heading downhill pronto. The Ox used to have "hairstyling parties" at his gaff for all his mates... that worked out well, huh? :oops: :lol:

robbo10
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:52 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:56 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 pm
Bellerin is the best full back we have at the club, like Sansom was in the early '80's.
Bellerin has been absolutely shit for 2 seasons now. He had one season where he looked top drawer but has regressed terribly since. Same with Monreal. We have no really good fullbacks at the club. Hopefully Kolasinac will change that, but I'm pretty sure Wenger will turn him into an unadventurous, shit crossing, backward passing shadow of himself within a year. :roll:

Moreover, in our three at the back system, the wingbacks are crucial in providing width and attacking threat and Bellerin and the Tank are the only players we have who can play there. Excellent planning from Wenger.

I knew as soon as Bellerin got his ponytail and topknot hairstyle that he was going downhill.
Yep, me too. Once players are spending more time on their tattoos and with their hairdresser and less on perfecting their game you just know they are heading downhill pronto. The Ox used to have "hairstyling parties" at his gaff for all his mates... that worked out well, huh? :oops: :lol:
Hairstyling parties?........wasn't Anne Summers good enough for these c*nts????? :roll:

Clash
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Clash »

Step wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm
So all is rosy in the garden again after our emphatic 1 nil win over the 10 man Red Hand Gang (one for the teenagers).

At least Wilshire looked the part and Giroud proved once again that he can contribute positively once during a match and at least this time it paid off.

Re the 80s eleven nice to see that once again the misspelling of Kenny's name gets another airing!!! Is this the most misspelt Arsenal player name of all time or does that accolade go to Jack??
:) The ones I've seen the most are:

Terry O'Neil :roll:
Samson
Viera
Ramsay
Wilshire
Wenker

(although I suspect the last one might be done on purpose)

P.S. You even spelt Jack Wilshere's name wrong yourself mate :D

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17788
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38 am
Retro Arsenal...I like it!

Cech = Jennings
Bellerin= Samson
Wilshere= Stewart Robson
Ozil= Charlie Nicholas
Ramsey= Brian Talbot
Holding= Tommy Caton Rip
Monreal = Pat Rice
Xhaka= Vladimir Petrovic
Iwobi= Graham Rix
Koscielny= David O'Leary
Giroud= Paul Mariner
Lacazette = Tony Woodcock
Coquelin= Steve Williams
Walcott= David Price
I once saw Vladdy Petrovic have a decent game and manage to complete 90 minutes without picking his nose, so not sure we've got a valid comparison then

I once thought Rambo was the most inappropriate moniker going........then along came Granit. A powder puff wanker, the world's least convincing 'hardman' since Robbie Savage, and equally fucking hopeless and gormless. Vladdy by comparison was a genius !

John F
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by John F »

A bit harsh on Stevie walliams too a great player.I remember the Villa away semi we had a huge away following almost out numbering the home fans.I was sat in front of a man who got thrown out by the stewards for turning up in fancy dress as a giant penis.I did not see his face but i had suspicions it was Lee Chapman before he signed for us because every time he played for us the crowd would shout who let the prick on.

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm
Step wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm
So all is rosy in the garden again after our emphatic 1 nil win over the 10 man Red Hand Gang (one for the teenagers).

At least Wilshire looked the part and Giroud proved once again that he can contribute positively once during a match and at least this time it paid off.

Re the 80s eleven nice to see that once again the misspelling of Kenny's name gets another airing!!! Is this the most misspelt Arsenal player name of all time or does that accolade go to Jack??
:) The ones I've seen the most are:

Terry O'Neil :roll:
Samson
Viera
Ramsay
Wilshire
Wenker

(although I suspect the last one might be done on purpose)

P.S. You even spelt Jack Wilshere's name wrong yourself mate :D
I always put Wenker deliberately as it’s only one letter wrong :wink:

Step
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Step »

My 'error' was a deliberate one to see if anyone was taking the point seriously (no seriously)!!
No one remembers the Red Hand Gang then?

Well how about The Latch Key Children?

I digress.
We are still inconsistent unpredictable crap.

This will probably be proved this weekend when we are outclassed by a clueless team.
Wenger cannot merely send his team out to play ' The Arsenal Way'
Show some respect to the opposition. They will have a game plan. So should we.

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by StuartL »

Step wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:30 pm
My 'error' was a deliberate one to see if anyone was taking the point seriously (no seriously)!!
No one remembers the Red Hand Gang then?

Well how about The Latch Key Children?

I digress.
We are still inconsistent unpredictable crap.

This will probably be proved this weekend when we are outclassed by a clueless team.
Wenger cannot merely send his team out to play ' The Arsenal Way'
Show some respect to the opposition. They will have a game plan. So should we.
I remember them.....the red hand gang that is catch theme tune, la la,la, la la la, la-la la la la-la la.

Clash
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 pm
Clash wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm
Step wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm
So all is rosy in the garden again after our emphatic 1 nil win over the 10 man Red Hand Gang (one for the teenagers).

At least Wilshire looked the part and Giroud proved once again that he can contribute positively once during a match and at least this time it paid off.

Re the 80s eleven nice to see that once again the misspelling of Kenny's name gets another airing!!! Is this the most misspelt Arsenal player name of all time or does that accolade go to Jack??
:) The ones I've seen the most are:

Terry O'Neil :roll:
Samson
Viera
Ramsay
Wilshire
Wenker

(although I suspect the last one might be done on purpose)

P.S. You even spelt Jack Wilshere's name wrong yourself mate :D
I always put Wenker deliberately as it’s only one letter wrong :wink:
:D you were one of the guys I had in mind Stuart :wink:

With regards to the list ... is there a lamp post outside the Emirates that can represent Lee Chapman? :roll:

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3662
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: A return to the 80s........the early 80s

Post by Nos89 »

Clash wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 pm
Clash wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm
Step wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm
So all is rosy in the garden again after our emphatic 1 nil win over the 10 man Red Hand Gang (one for the teenagers).

At least Wilshire looked the part and Giroud proved once again that he can contribute positively once during a match and at least this time it paid off.

Re the 80s eleven nice to see that once again the misspelling of Kenny's name gets another airing!!! Is this the most misspelt Arsenal player name of all time or does that accolade go to Jack??
:) The ones I've seen the most are:

Terry O'Neil :roll:
Samson
Viera
Ramsay
Wilshire
Wenker

(although I suspect the last one might be done on purpose)

P.S. You even spelt Jack Wilshere's name wrong yourself mate :D
I always put Wenker deliberately as it’s only one letter wrong :wink:
:D you were one of the guys I had in mind Stuart :wink:

With regards to the list ... is there a lamp post outside the Emirates that can represent Lee Chapman? :roll:
Yes, the one by entrance A tends to have a lot of people "accidentally" walking into it causing black eyes and fat lips.

Post Reply