KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Midz »

I don't hate Wenger anymore because he's gone but I fucking hate these Kroenkes!!

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:34 am
It's not about football , it's about property .
The Kroenke's are all about real estate and The Arsenal is a prime location in Central London .
It's an asset that outweighs any small losses the club might make.
They have just built a major development in Los Angeles with a stadium and a large retail shopping park ,
I would not be surprised if quietly they are buying property around Finsbury/ Clissold Park areas for future development.
The club should have had the foresight to buy up the properties around Highbury, when they were relatively cheap, could have helped enormously if we already owned most of the houses that may have been affected by an increased stadium capacity.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm
A11M11 wrote:
The Kroenke's are all about real estate and The Arsenal is a prime location in Central London .
They have just built a major development in Los Angeles with a stadium and a large retail shopping park ,
I would not be surprised if quietly they are buying property around Finsbury/ Clissold Park areas for future development.
The club should have had the foresight to buy up the properties around Highbury, when they were relatively cheap, could have helped enormously if we already owned most of the houses that may have been affected by an increased stadium capacity.
We were fucked anyway Stu. There are preservation orders on the art deco stands and natural light laws impacted the other two stands. We literally could not expand the capacity much past that 38,000-40,000 level. In fairness to the club they had looked at every alternative to increase Highbury's capacity.

I still wish we had never left her though. :(

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm
A11M11 wrote:
They did. Arsenal owned dozens of houses around Highbury. They’ve all been sold off since the Kroenke’s turned up. You can read the accounts for the past decade if you want to check.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail claim Daniel Ek is preparing to increase his takeover bid to more than £2billion following his unsuccessful opening offer of £1.8bn last month. #Arsenal
https://t.co/iaLZXUkVg1

Sources close to the Ek camp have disclosed that a second bid ‘north of £2bn’ is being readied & that they ‘are not going anywhere & want to get a deal done’. Club insiders have admitted they are waiting for a second offer. #Arsenal https://t.co/eX7D8jU8FO