KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: The Board

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 am
I won't be shedding any tears if Ivan is going. Fuck him. Let's see if Kroenke Jr takes CEO position or not but it was he and his papa who ultimately sacked Wenger, not Gazidis (or maybe he did but the decision was made by the Kroenke mafia).

What scares the fuck outta me is the fact that wiggy is is going to buy Usmanov's shares.
I wonder if Gazidis wants out because he knew Kroenke was going to gain total control ?

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:15 am
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 am
I won't be shedding any tears if Ivan is going. Fuck him. Let's see if Kroenke Jr takes CEO position or not but it was he and his papa who ultimately sacked Wenger, not Gazidis (or maybe he did but the decision was made by the Kroenke mafia).

What scares the fuck outta me is the fact that wiggy is is going to buy Usmanov's shares.
I wonder if Gazidis wants out because he knew Kroenke was going to gain total control ?
Yes exactly! I was just about to post about this too. I guess this has to be the reason he's going. Wiggy taking full control of the club is fucking scary.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Wiggy **** should be putting all his focus on transfer window and not on shares, the timing of this couldn't be worse ffs. But, this really shouldn't be surprising after all. He has rejected Usmanov a board position for a long time so it was really inevitable that his will happen some day.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

how has this been allowed to happen? :evil: :banghead:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 am
This happened when Dein, Nina Bracewell-Smith, Carr family and others decided to sell their shares to this bloke. Dein introduced him in the first place I believe and the rest is history. It was already over when wiggy became the majority share holder. The fact that Usmanov were rejected position in the board was clear proof that this will happen.

Now that you think about it, it was quite clever from Stan to keep Wenger in position to take all the focus away from him. He had all the time he needed during all these years to take full control of the club while fans were arguing about Wenger.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:25 am
Wiggy **** should be putting all his focus on transfer window
Isn't that what he pays others more qualified to do?

Herd

Post by Herd »

We are now officially screwed ,like him or loathe him as long as Ushmanov had 30 pct of the club ,Stan couldn't use it as his private piggy bank .
Now Stan will take us private and drain the cash and no-one can stop him from debt leveraging us up to the gills ,relocating us to Wembley and selling off the emirates for housing which Im sure he will do now .
It is a very sad day indeed and I've just cracked open a beer and will drink to the The Arsenal a once proud football club .
I was looking forward to the season and now Im gutted ,this could be the end for me and a love affair that had lasted over 50 years !

The blame for this misfortune lies at the door of the moron Peter Hillwood and the two shysters who he let into the club by selling his shares for a pittance ,he sold the first 17 pct to dein for 315,000 pounds ,the majority of the club fell into Deins hands for less than 11 million but he was so skint he had to bring fizman in !
Dein And later Fizman were interested in Arsenal for the money and nothing else ,I hate them with a passion but they were allowed in by the duffer hillwood !
Nina I blame less she just cashed in on her husbands shares ,he cared deeply abut the club .

Dennis Hillwood will be turning in his grave !

RIP THE ARSENAL !

augie

Post by augie »

This is indeed a dark, dark day for AFC - I have total sympathy for those that own shares in the club that have been passed down through their families for years (cannot understand how a law can force them to sell :? ), but at the same time lets not kid ourselves that the accountability is gone now that they are gone cos they had zero impact on accountability at any stage. Having only 1 owner will also have no impact on ambitions and spending cos lets face, the ambition and spending is fcuk all as it is :roll: There are of course two issues that are massive with this buyout that will cripple the club for years to come -

1. Money will be taken out of the club at will from now on - firstly it will be taken out to "service the buyout loan" but maybe more importantly, it will be taken out as dividends to shareholders (ie to himself :roll: ). This will financially devastate the club financially for years to come, plus for the likes of me it completely wipes out the tiny hope that the american slimy wig wearing b.astard would fcuk off soon. I dont agree with DB10's simplistic view that loads of us were largely ignoring kroenke for the malaise of recent seasons - we knew full well the impact of having the c.unt in charge (a quick look at his american sports franchises will tell you how ambitious he is :roll: ), but I focused my immediate attention on getting rid of the guy that was vunerable and that was having by far the greatest negative impact on the pitch now. Just look at all the comments from the fans (inc you DB10) who were actually looking forward to this season and who were happy to see little improvements like dick going to watch citeeh in the charity shield - even with minimal spend under kroenke this summer, we are still looking forward to and expecting to see a team that is better organised, is able for the physical battles and who are tactically much better, and these are failings that cannot be attributed to kroenke in recent seasons. Getting rid of wenger was step 1 for me, with the intention of then persuing the owner - I hoped that not having wenger to take all the blame would expose kroenke more and that usmanov would be waiting in the shadows to seize the inititive when the fans continue to cause trouble and protest, but at the same time I cannot blame usmanov for bailing

2. This sell out will also be huge for everton - there is no doubt that usmanov will now take his millions down to everton and will automatically spring them into the 2nd wealthiest club in the league (usmanov is richer than abramovich remember). Now not alone will we be left behind by the current top 4 and the chavs, but we will then by leapfrogged by everton and left trailing in their wake thus putting us on a level with the shammers etc. If you think ambitions and spending are low now, wait until you see how low they are for a club that never gets champs league football anymore, and who might actually struggle to qualify for europe at all :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

NickF wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 am
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:25 am
Wiggy **** should be putting all his focus on transfer window
Isn't that what he pays others more qualified to do?
Well, yes of course... :D :D :D

What I mean is that he should make sure that we have all the funds needed to be able to sign those players we need and not focus on buying more shares. The timing of this is horribly wrong.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Because the fans forced out Wenger who was the only one stopping this happening in the past.
To quote some Muppet on Twitter :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 am
He's planning to borrow over half a billion quid, which will require some serious servicing, and we don't have the income stream that the Glazers have at Manure.

He says the loan won't be secured on the Club, but that doesn't mean he won't be taking money from the club to pay the interest.

For a club like ours to end up as the private plaything of a cúnt who knows nothing about, and has no interest in, football, and who couldn't give a toss if we never win a trophy, is a fucking disgrace.
That sums it all up....to quote Martin Tyler

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Because the fans forced out Wenger who was the only one stopping this happening in the past.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Over a couple of tweets he said that He knew this would happen when Wenger was bullied out and Wenger was the one who stopped this happening before now...I'm paraphrasing his tweets.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Augie ,I doubt if Ushmanov will re-invest in UK football right now not that I give a shit about the Bitters . Our twats in goberment ,are trying to come down on Russian Oligarchs of which Ushamanov is one . They haven't gone for him yet because he employs a lot of people in the UK and his companies here are not only legit in corporate legislation terms but pay taxes in the UK too.
He doesn't need the money for sure,it's a piss in the ocean for him , but it's a sign to his pal Putin to say fuck off to the UK ,which will stand him in good stead at home .
GAZPROM is mahoosive and makes anything that the Chelski owner does look like peanuts on the North Bank but I can see Ab ditching Chelski too real soon too !

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 am
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Over a couple of tweets he said that He knew this would happen when Wenger was bullied out and Wenger was the one who stopped this happening before now...I'm paraphrasing his tweets.
Jesus, some people are thick. :banghead: