KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:36 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:34 pm
European Super League details:

Chairman: Florentino Perez [Real Madrid]
Vice-Chairman: Stan Kroenke [Arsenal]
Vice-Chairman: Andrea Agnelli [Juventus]
Vice-Chairman: John W. Henry [Liverpool]
Vice-Chairman: Joel Glazer [Manchester United]

[via @MailSport]

The twelve clubs who have agreed to join the European Super League: #mufc, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus #mulive [rmc]
There you have it - sold to the highest bidder.

And all english clubs likely to be kicked out of premier league if they join it cos premier league will not grant them permission to join. Of course in the midst of all this the impact on fans isnt considered - if the clubs are thrown out of premier league (which they should), are they expecting fans to shite money to afford to go to away games ? Will the season ticket prices come down cos instead of having 19 home league games we would have 11 ? Hope all the *word censored*.s get kicked out of premier league :evil: :evil:
Will they still tout the premier league as the best in the world when it will be a battle between Lecisester, Everton, West Ham and Leeds to win it. ?

I hope it goes ahead, so I can finally wash my hands of any semblance of feeling towards my club and the “game” in general.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:29 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:36 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:34 pm
European Super League details:

Chairman: Florentino Perez [Real Madrid]
Vice-Chairman: Stan Kroenke [Arsenal]
Vice-Chairman: Andrea Agnelli [Juventus]
Vice-Chairman: John W. Henry [Liverpool]
Vice-Chairman: Joel Glazer [Manchester United]

[via @MailSport]

The twelve clubs who have agreed to join the European Super League: #mufc, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Juventus #mulive [rmc]
There you have it - sold to the highest bidder.

And all english clubs likely to be kicked out of premier league if they join it cos premier league will not grant them permission to join. Of course in the midst of all this the impact on fans isnt considered - if the clubs are thrown out of premier league (which they should), are they expecting fans to shite money to afford to go to away games ? Will the season ticket prices come down cos instead of having 19 home league games we would have 11 ? Hope all the *word censored*.s get kicked out of premier league :evil: :evil:
Will they still tout the premier league as the best in the world when it will be a battle between Lecisester, Everton, West Ham and Leeds to win it. ?

I hope it goes ahead, so I can finally wash my hands of any semblance of feeling towards my club and the “game” in general.
I agree with the last line, to be honest.

I'd love for this proposal to fall flat on its arse and be the catalyst to get the yank out of the club.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

augie wrote:

And all english clubs likely to be kicked out of premier league if they join it cos premier league will not grant them permission to join. Of course in the midst of all this the impact on fans isnt considered - if the clubs are thrown out of premier league (which they should), are they expecting fans to shite money to afford to go to away games ? Will the season ticket prices come down cos instead of having 19 home league games we would have 11 ?
11 home games? In your dreams. Half will be staged at Kroneke’s new $5billion super bowl in California. Season tickets will be obsolete. Tickets will be more expensive than Rolling Stones gigs with platinum pricing.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

This has to be the catalyst to get the yank out NOW!!!!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:07 pm
This has to be the catalyst to get the yank out NOW!!!!
Protest being organised for outside the ground Friday. It begins :barscarf:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I guess with our withdrawal and the half arsed apology that will put an end to the planned protest, a shame it fell apart so quickly :roll:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Time to put the pressure on now see if he folds

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 pm
I guess with our withdrawal and the half arsed apology that will put an end to the planned protest, a shame it fell apart so quickly :roll:
Protest still going ahead, meeting outside the Armoury, Friday 6pm.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sadly I don't think Kroenke will take any notice

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

He is well out of the way in Colorado or L.A . It won't even get on U.S media reports because they are too taken up with George Floyd to notice.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:01 am
He will probably be talking to the Glazers and Henry about what to do next. Might move Arsenal into the MLS out of spite.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
He will probably be talking to the Glazers and Henry about what to do next. Might move Arsenal into the MLS out of spite.
It has to have been discussed at great length about the next step - I’m guessing selling the pay per view rights at say £10 per match to 5m -10m in Asia, America, Africa which dwarves the match day income of 50 - 60,000 paying punters, even if they are paying top dollar 💵

The original members would have been added to by super league 2 within a few years, as no ambitious (greedy) club or owner would have been able to turn that revenue down, with promotion to the top table after the settling in period of stability and Arsenal or the tiny totts coming bottom 3 years on the trot, dropping down to tier two.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
So why carry on filling Kroenkes pockets then?. Paying £1500 plus to watch a club that is never going to get better under this owner. Buying a season ticket for Arsenal is like buying a car without an engine. If you go back the last 10 years 99% of the posts on the forum have been saying how shit the owner the managers and the players are.You moan how shit 90% of our multi millionaire players are but you are happy to pay their wages. Every Arsenal fan has to say i'm not going to another Arsenal home game while Kroenke is in charge.Its no good saying Kroenke Out if you are doing nothing to get him out. Arsenal are a mid table club who charge the highest ticket prices in Europe. Protests do not work Kroenke's in Denver FFS boycott's do. Its your choice no one makes you go to games while Kreonke is in charge.Actions not words

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:12 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
So why carry on filling Kroenkes pockets then?. Paying £1500 plus to watch a club that is never going to get better under this owner. Buying a season ticket for Arsenal is like buying a car without an engine. If you go back the last 10 years 99% of the posts on the forum have been saying how shit the owner the managers and the players are.You moan how shit 90% of our multi millionaire players are but you are happy to pay their wages. Every Arsenal fan has to say i'm not going to another Arsenal home game while Kroenke is in charge.Its no good saying Kroenke Out if you are doing nothing to get him out. Arsenal are a mid table club who charge the highest ticket prices in Europe. Protests do not work Kroenke's in Denver FFS boycott's do. Its your choice no one makes you go to games while Kreonke is in charge.Actions not words
Simple answer- I don’t.
The club hasn’t got a penny out of me since I got a ticket for the Olympiakos match over a year ago, and they didn’t get much more out of me before then.
I always boycotted every category A game because although I could afford them, I thought the prices were a rip off.
For the last decade on here I have said that people should not renew their season tickets and mostly been met with a load of abuse.
But you are right - if you are stupid enough to have a season ticket then you are funding the business model that Kroenke has for this club.

I won’t be going to the protest today because it is utterly pointless - kroenke won’t take any notice of a few people waving banners outside of an empty ground.

Maybe next season when fans are allowed back in and matches can maybe be disrupted in some way it might make him raise an eyebrow, but we are dealing with someone who does not walk away from his sporting franchises.