KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I know it's going back to around 2006, but how did we end up with Kroenke, who at the time was not welcomed by our late chairman and Deins interference with Red and White Holdings which created Uzbek shareholder Usmanov.
Going forward or backwards are we going to have one shareholder or do you think we will keep the two?....

sk-gtfo

Re: The Board

Post by sk-gtfo »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am
I know it's going back to around 2006, but how did we end up with Kroenke, who at the time was not welcomed by our late chairman and Deins interference with Red and White Holdings which created Uzbek shareholder Usmanov.
Going forward or backwards are we going to have one shareholder or do you think we will keep the two?....
I think eventually Usmanov might get fed up but hopefully will sell his shares to someone other than Kroenke and perhaps he might allow them on the board?, unlikely though because he is a grade A c**t.

:banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Never mind lads...as Flash would say.

"Let's Be Positive" :mrgreen:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Never really understood why Usmanov has hung around for so long given that he doesn't have a seat on the board and has no say in the running of the club. But he even voted for Kroenke JR to remain on the board at the AGM.

Said it before, our "custodians" have a lot to answer for.

Our board is basically a bunch of old men who don't have a clue about running a modern football club.

Midz

Post by Midz »

[quote=NickF post_id=1071309 time=1509497280 user_id=7448

Our board is basically a bunch of old men who don't have a clue about running a modern football club.
[/quote]

Sadly this is it in a nutshell. The main problem with the club.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

American CEOs generally have a very different view of a Board of Directors than their British counterparts. Here, responsibilities are defined, there is often a strong chairman etc. In the USA the CEO tends to rule the roost. Ross Perot, billionaire and one-time independent presidential candidate, described his Board of Directors as, "my pet rocks".
I don't think Wiggy cares who's on the Board because they're irrelevant to him. God forbid he ever gets complete ownership.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:20 am
American CEOs generally have a very different view of a Board of Directors than their British counterparts. Here, responsibilities are defined, there is often a strong chairman etc. In the USA the CEO tends to rule the roost. Ross Perot, billionaire and one-time independent presidential candidate, described his Board of Directors as, "my pet rocks".
I don't think Wiggy cares who's on the Board because they're irrelevant to him. God forbid he ever gets complete ownership.
The current board members I think I’m right in saying don’t own a single share between them, Kroenke apart, they kept their status on the board as part of the deal when selling out our club for their millions upon millions.

Our custodians are are bunch of money grabbing whores.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The board, and Chips in particular, basically told the fans at the AGM to fuck off.

If he had actually said "Fuck you peasants, we couldn't give a shit what you think" people would still buy tickets and go to the next game.

Makes you wanna weep at the ignorant stupidity of it. Can you imagine how they sneer at us behind closed doors when they are almost doing it in our face??

Sean

Post by Sean »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am
In 2007, Dein went behind Fiszman's back to try to get a billionaire involved, Kroenke, which got him fired (and led to TOF becoming the dictator he is today). Four months later, Dein sold his shares to Usmanov, which led to the board to get into bed with Kroenke despite previously 'not wanting his sort' at the club. In 2011, Kroenke beats Usmanov in the 'race' to become majority shareholder and here we are stagnating; whilst Usmanov's now thinking about selling out his blocking stake, which will doom the club even further to the hands of Kroenke. And despite this, the now-puppet board has the same amount of respect for the fans as the Syrup; absolute zero.

Sad state of affairs :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... eny-claims

It has got to the point now where I hope Usmanov does buy Everton and does "an Abramovich", builds them a new ground etc. maybe then the Arsenal fans might finally turn on wiggy w*nker...

Actually no, they won't, they will just sit there as usual quietly most of the time but whinging after each loss.

:banghead:

He's in it for the long term so we are FUBAR.

Dead club.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

We have to watch how the spuds deal with their stadium move. As we all know it affected us quite badly for a good few years. We didn't buy expensive players and used youth to at least stay in the Champions League.
Here's a few points, the spuds pay low wages so we will see what happens there. Will they have decent money to compete in the transfer market after the poch signed a new 5 year deal.
In truth they should be well skint for a good few years but if they find money for the team during this period then we have to ask questions of our owner.
Of all the teams above us it should be the spuds that drop down a few places.
I don't know how their players are ok with what they are getting paid, for example Ozil is on over 3 times of what Kane gets paid.

Midz

Post by Midz »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:19 am
We have to watch how the spuds deal with their stadium move. As we all know it affected us quite badly for a good few years. We didn't buy expensive players and used youth to at least stay in the Champions League.
Here's a few points, the spuds pay low wages so we will see what happens there. Will they have decent money to compete in the transfer market after the poch signed a new 5 year deal.
In truth they should be well skint for a good few years but if they find money for the team during this period then we have to ask questions of our owner.
Of all the teams above us it should be the spuds that drop down a few places.
I don't know how their players are ok with what they are getting paid, for example Ozil is on over 3 times of what Kane gets paid.
They have in their favour:

Better owners
Better manager
Better team

Our new manager has yet to be tested but at the time of our moving we were owned and controlled by a bunch of *word censored*!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

sadly its not comparable. the tv deal money pays for it in itself. we didn't have that.

and joe lewis constantly pays for stuff on the sly too.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:21 pm
sadly its not comparable. the tv deal money pays for it in itself. we didn't have that.

Yep they have their own Abramovich-lite but they never want to talk about that, wonder why?. :roll:

Meanwhile we have a bunch of greedy corporate w@nkers, best of luck Unai - you'll need it.

It's not enough for me to just appoint a good manager, if that makes me "a miserable c*nt" I really don't give a f*ck, I want to see an owner who actually cares and shows ambition, not just sits far away concentrating on other "projects", think about that for a second, we are THE ARSENAL, anyone who owns the club should be focused 100% (or as near as possible to that) on ARSENAL, not the f*cking Rams or NBA sh*t b*llocks.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUNTS!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:21 pm

I read our financial report in 2016 and our wage bill takes up most of the income. Now these figures are rough for this last season
Income
TV Deal 150 Million
Emirates Stadium 110 Million
Europa League Unknown
Arsenal Property investments 80 Million
Shirt Deal 30 Million
Sleeve Deal 10 Million

Outgoing X
Wage Bill 230 Million
Transfer Fees ?