KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: The Board

Post by TeeCee »

230m on wages and Oz-ill gets over 15m of that a year!! Get rid!!!!!!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 am
very worrying if this happens

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html

Yes, it's not ideal but in reality it will make fuck all difference to matters as wiggy is judge, jury and executioner at our place.

If he was of a mind to sell and fuck off :barscarf: then his owning the whole club might actually be a more attractive proposition to some and presumably would add a bit of extra value to wiggy - fingers crossed.

NickF

Post by NickF »

I was only thinking about this yesterday. It has now been more than a year since his very public bid to buy the club. Since then, absolutely nothing.

I did wonder at the time how seriously the bid actually was.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:

See his secretary in the corner after she has been smashed..... :lol:

More political now, Russian satellites not welcome anymore, mind you Americans ain't too popular either!... :?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

If Kroenke gets control it is game over.

Dead club.

I don't think Usmanov will sell to wiggy though ( well I hope not).

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Dead club.

It's a bit late for that mate :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:36 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

Dead club.

Still faint hope whilst he doesn't have full control, if he does get full control then I don't really see the point of Arsenal FC anymore?, other than of course to make Kroenke money.

:banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

See his secretary in the corner after she has been smashed..... :lol:

More political now, Russian satellites not welcome anymore, mind you Americans ain't too popular either!... :?
Chinese, future middle East dictators and oil baron billionaire's are still welcome...just!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:21 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Dead club.

Still faint hope whilst he doesn't have full control, if he does get full control then I don't really see the point of Arsenal FC anymore?, other than of course to make Kroenke money.

He's got full control, Usmanov is not even in the boardroom...quite how that works for the second largest shareholder I don't know.
As soon as Everton get full consent from Liverpool council for a new stadium, he'll sell up and buy them off his mate.
Until then he'll keep his money in Arsenal.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:39 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Dead club.

He's got full control, Usmanov is not even in the boardroom...quite how that works for the second largest shareholder I don't know.
As soon as Everton get full consent from Liverpool council for a new stadium, he'll sell up and buy them off his mate.
Not quite - if Kroenke gets 97% then he can delist the club, borrow money directly against it, take money out, not publish full accounts etc.

I don't trust him one bit but to be honest it is not even the above that concerns me most, it is that he will extinguish all hope of a future where the club isn't crippled by an unambitious, profiteering scumbag, once he 'owns' the club outright it is done, in limbo until he lets go, which given his track record will likely be 50+ years.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:56 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:39 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Dead club.

Not quite - if Kroenke gets 97% then he can delist the club, borrow money directly against it, take money out, not publish full accounts etc.

I don't trust him one bit but to be honest it is not even the above that concerns me most, it is that he will extinguish all hope of a future where the club isn't crippled by an unambitious, profiteering scumbag, once he 'owns' the club outright it is done, in limbo until he lets go, which given his track record will likely be 50+ years.
exactly - he has already made it quite clear that he is not at Arsenal to win league titles.
we already knew that Arsenal could not compete with Wenger in charge, but if Kroenke takes full control there is even less chance of the club competing at the very top.

GTG

Post by GTG »

So Gaizidis is off then.... What a weird situation.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GTG wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:26 am
So Gaizidis is off then.... What a weird situation.

Yeah, that is a bit weird isn't it assuming he goes. Typical suit - don't stay too long in one place before your fuck ups come home to roost and affect your standing in the corporate world. This statement from Sir Chips on the club website -

"We are aware of the speculation surrounding our chief executive Ivan Gazidis. We know he receives many offers from organisations inside and outside the game as he’s a hugely respected figure. He has never accepted any of these opportunities and has never spoken about them publicly. He has always been fully committed to taking Arsenal forward and is currently working hard in Singapore with our new head coach Unai Emery as we prepare for the new season."

Brilliant. Sir Chips as ever contributing fuck all of any worth. Can IG take him to Italy with him if he does go :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

weird timing considering he has waited all this time to get rid of Wenger, then possibly leaving ???