KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kroenke wants to sell. They want to see how high Ek will go.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:16 pm
Kroenke wants to sell. They want to see how high Ek will go.
Stan Kroenke NEVER sells.
He isn’t likely to start with Arsenal.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Dont think Kronke would sell at double the current offer......

He says he dont need the money...and thats the fucking truth

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We are leaking cash. Next set of accounts will show a £150m loss. To arrest that decline he also needs to put about £100m back in.

He’s a seller at the right price...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:47 am
We are leaking cash. Next set of accounts will show a £150m loss. To arrest that decline he also needs to put about £100m back in.

£150m is like losing pennies to this guy.
Why does he need to put £100m back in?
We are still in the Premier League

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:03 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Sponsors don’t offer big bucks to a team that finishes 9th each season. Every one of our sponsorship deals has bonuses for being in the Champions League/Europa. You also lose the Corporate ticket sales. No box sales, lower sponsorship, lower Euro prize money.... do the math...

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:03 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

You show me any wealthy successful businessman/person that dismisses losing £150m as pennies - these c.unts are wealthy precisely because they are cold and ruthless when it comes to their businesses and money.
You make a comment like "we are still in the premier league" as though that is ok then - brighton, villa, geordies are all still in the premier league too, so is that our target now ? People make comments based on nothing but what they see on the surface, and never actually look beyond it - as bp7 has pointed out, we will be hit massively financially by our continued failings, and because those sponsorship deals are multi year deals, we will be negotiating from a poor starting point and then be hit every season of those deals. Half empty stadiums are not a good selling point for potential sponsors. Our financial hit will be so much harder to take because we are used to a much bigger financial pot than those teams I mentioned.

All that being said, I'm not sure I agree with notion that kroenke is a willing sell

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Those close to the Kroenke family that hold senior positions in their sports establishments & are in contact with the family say they are striving to heal the rift of the Arsenal fan base, with a serious intention to do something exceptional this summer. [@TheAFCBeII] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:12 pm
Those close to the Kroenke family that hold senior positions in their sports establishments & are in contact with the family say they are striving to heal the rift of the Arsenal fan base, with a serious intention to do something exceptional this summer. [@TheAFCBeII] #afc

Unless that is either selling the club or putting daddy in a coffin box their efforts will not work

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Kroenke hasn't put a penny of his own money into the club, he could take us down into the championship and have exactly the same strategy.

The value of the club is double the value of the shares he has bought at various points over the last 13/14 years. He doesn't care about the resale value, his family owns Walmart which is worth a good few hundred times more than little old Arsenal. If he ran Arsenal into the ground, he would still be stinking rich.

And that's why Ek, as an alternative should be treated with caution. He has nowhere near the resources Kroenke has, and that would mean borrowing money to buy the club and invest in players. Plus add to that the value of Spotify has fallen a third in the last two/three months.

I am not saying we should dismiss Ek, just make sure that whilst his intentions are honourable that he can put together a credible bid for Arsenal and a long term plan to get us where we belong ie competing for the league and back into the CL. I don't want a situation where we become the next Leeds United because he's run out of money, or he continually needs to borrow to invest. That's not sustainable.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:17 am
Kroenke hasn't put a penny of his own money into the club, he could take us down into the championship and have exactly the same strategy.

The value of the club is double the value of the shares he has bought at various points over the last 13/14 years. He doesn't care about the resale value, his family owns Walmart which is worth a good few hundred times more than little old Arsenal. If he ran Arsenal into the ground, he would still be stinking rich.

And that's why Ek, as an alternative should be treated with caution. He has nowhere near the resources Kroenke has, and that would mean borrowing money to buy the club and invest in players. Plus add to that the value of Spotify has fallen a third in the last two/three months.

I am not saying we should dismiss Ek, just make sure that whilst his intentions are honourable that he can put together a credible bid for Arsenal and a long term plan to get us where we belong ie competing for the league and back into the CL. I don't want a situation where we become the next Leeds United because he's run out of money, or he continually needs to borrow to invest. That's not sustainable.

Again I will say, show my any wealthy businessman anywhere in the world that wouldnt care if one of his companies is losing millions - I will stake my bollox that there isnt one. People say things pointing to the family wealth as a reason why he wouldnt sell, but these c.unts run companies for profits and nowhere has he suggested that he is happy now with the money he has amassed in his life and isnt interested in making more.

You point to the accepted fact that Ek hasnt as much resources as kroenke, but does that make a difference ? The club is being run by self generated funds so the wealth of an owner behind the scenes makes fcuk all difference to the club. We dont know how the club is being run financially cos the wig wearing c.unt has made us a private company so no details are published, but it does seem to be an accepted fact that prior to partey's signing the wig wearing c.unt has never once put his hand in his pocket in the running of our club

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:42 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Again I will say, show my any wealthy businessman anywhere in the world that wouldnt care if one of his companies is losing millions - I will stake my bollox that there isnt one. People say things pointing to the family wealth as a reason why he wouldnt sell, but these c.unts run companies for profits and nowhere has he suggested that he is happy now with the money he has amassed in his life and isnt interested in making more.

You point to the accepted fact that Ek hasnt as much resources as kroenke, but does that make a difference ? The club is being run by self generated funds so the wealth of an owner behind the scenes makes fcuk all difference to the club. We dont know how the club is being run financially cos the wig wearing c.unt has made us a private company so no details are published, but it does seem to be an accepted fact that prior to partey's signing the wig wearing c.unt has never once put his hand in his pocket in the running of our club
Stan On ever selling the club:

“No. Absolutely not. That’s just not our model.

“I’m at a stage in life where, what good does that do? I love Arsenal, love being involved with Arsenal. There no finer feeling than going out and winning like we did with the FA Cup.

“Just go look at our history. We get into these things to try to grow them .You don’t see us selling things. You just don’t. We are committed long-term.”

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Stan On ever selling the club:

“No. Absolutely not. That’s just not our model.

“I’m at a stage in life where, what good does that do? I love Arsenal, love being involved with Arsenal. There no finer feeling than going out and winning like we did with the FA Cup.

Just go look at our history. We get into these things to try to grow them .You don’t see us selling things. You just don’t. We are committed long-term
.”

Yes mate, that is what we're looking at. Your history shows that you let things stagnate and become mediocre at best.

Just fùck off please. We don't want you. :cussing:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

It has to start getting dirty to get this *word censored* out

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:42 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Augie if he doesn't sell Arsenal he isn't losing a penny. These are all paper profits/losses. Companies' values fluctuate even when they are trading well their intrinsic value can fall. Apple is a classic example of this, they recently post record profits and the value of the shares falls 10%. Kroenke doesn't sit there worrying about the value of Arsenal day to day as I said, we are nothing compared with the rest of his business empire.

The point about EK relates to a leveraged buyout, look at how much money manure is spunking due to interest payments. Swiss ramble on twitter explains this very well.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/ ... 0334408704

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/ ... 7544523779

So you can't compare the current regime's self-generated funds because our debts are a lot less than they would be under the ownership of Ek. Don't forget interest rates are on the floor now, in the future they can only go one way and that's up, which in turn means significant interest payments every year.