KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Midz »

Is Edu really a good chap or good for the club? I don't think he's doing a very good job and we should get rid.
I saw somewhere that Edwin van Da Sar was being considered to replace him. Not sure about that but we do need someone with better scouting ability.

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... id-19-loan

Arsenal receive £120m Bank of England COVID-19 loan

Didn't realise we were this cash strapped. Guess we won't be spending in the transfer window then.

Can someone explain how we're gonna raise £120m between now and May with no fans attending the stadium.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:28 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... id-19-loan

Arsenal receive £120m Bank of England COVID-19 loan

Didn't realise we were this cash strapped. Guess we won't be spending in the transfer window then.

Can someone explain how we're gonna raise £120m between now and May with no fans attending the stadium.
Borrowing £120m in external debt when the owner is worth billions - utter c.unt

Midz

Post by Midz »

Here's an informative article about Kroenke and our funds.

My thanks to the author for making it simpler to understand.

https://arseblog.news/2020/07/report-kr ... -pressure/

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Premier League director of football Richard Garlick to leave later this year & take up post as director of football ops at Arsenal. Ex-WBA exec was with PL since summer 2018. Succeed Huss Fahmy at #AFC, working on contracts etc @TheAthleticUK https://t.co/bbUrIJMAgp

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 pm
🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Premier League director of football Richard Garlick to leave later this year & take up post as director of football ops at Arsenal. Ex-WBA exec was with PL since summer 2018. Succeed Huss Fahmy at #AFC, working on contracts etc @TheAthleticUK https://t.co/bbUrIJMAgp
Hmm just saw that on my MSN feed. First thoughts? Who the actual fuck was Huss Fahmy? :lol:

His contract and legal experience should be useful. Should be. But then this is Modern Arsenal the catastrophically inept business pretending to be a football club. :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

My question is what this guy's remit is gonna be - loads of titles but fcuk all clarity imo :?

This guy has left the Premier League where he was Director of Football, to join us where he will be Director of Football Operations - does the fact that his new title has the word "operations" in it mean that his tasks will be different ??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 pm
My question is what this guy's remit is gonna be - loads of titles but fcuk all clarity imo :?

This guy has left the Premier League where he was Director of Football, to join us where he will be Director of Football Operations - does the fact that his new title has the word "operations" in it mean that his tasks will be different ??
I'd imagine given his quals and experience he'll also oversee contracts - especially needed, seeing how badly we got fucked on Ozil's and Mickey Tarragon's ludicrous deals.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Richard Garlick?

Something stinks about this appointment but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is :rubchin:

Anyway, a contract guy would certainly be helpful given the previous lot made such a mess of loaning Saliba out over the summer :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am
I could never understand the affinity that people grew for Jennings ,Without doubt he was always a Tottenham man that was extremely professional and happened to play for us . Campbell for me is exactly the same , a Spurs man that defected.
His heart was in winning trophies not in The Arsenal per se. He was good for us but never really one of us.
Jennings was and is a spurs man ..........BUT they chose to get rid of him because they thought he was past it ,.We were not over the moon about him because of the spurs connection and we thought maybe they knew something ,but they were wrong .
He was absolutely fucking brilliant for us for 8 seasons I think and this was at a time we had a pretty flimsy defence at times especially in the first 1/2 seasons and the last .
One game amongst many that stands out beyond most was boxing day 78 . We played West Brom at home ,they had Regis,Cunningham,a young Robson and they tore us to shreds again and again . We lost 2-1 could have been 10 ,Jennings stopped them again and again he was magnificent.
West Brom were clapped off the pitch , Regis went over to Jennings hand shook his hand ! Another point is that Jennings always had time for the fans !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal confirm Richard Garlick is joining as Director of Football Operations.

Will work closely with Arteta, Edu and Mertesacker.

Responsible for football operations in first team and academy, all player contract management and relationships with football's governing bodies. https://t.co/JlXWcfZgt8

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:38 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Richard Garlick?

Something stinks about this appointment but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is :rubchin:

Anyway, a contract guy would certainly be helpful given the previous lot made such a mess of loaning Saliba out over the summer :roll:
He might be a breath of fresh air ? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:48 pm
g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Richard Garlick?

Nice. 8)

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:48 pm
g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Richard Garlick?

Do you think he has kids? Garlick Bred.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

AST meeting hearing that it is likely that Arsenal have used their Bank of England loan as cash flow to terminate the contracts of senior players who will have received most of their agreed payments to June 2021 in a lump sum #ASTevent