Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by REB »

up next , saturday 17-30pm live on bt . bring it on #uta

corkbarry

Re: MAN UTD HOME GAME

Post by corkbarry »

Full of confidence ,let's hand the league to Man City. WIN

Midz

Post by Midz »

We beat a couple of championship sides and people get their hopes up.

Utd will kick us back to reality on Saturday.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lacazette out of this game

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

"Back to life, back to reality!, back to the here and now and then!.." :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Narrow defeat most likely :| at the very best a draw from this.Game will be shite :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm
Great, so donkey Giroud up front means we will have the pace of a 90yr old who has just had a hip replacement up front, if we had better options in midfield we could stick Sanchez up front but we don't, can't see anything but a draw or defeat here.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Home win.......oh we are at home !!! Lacazette is a massive loss, as mentioned above it is just as much about who replaces him as his absence.
Remember two years ago Van Gaal threw in their kid Rashford and he got two goals? Would Wenger have the balls to think outside the obvious and do the same with Eddie.?
Doubt it but it would be worth trying.. Central midfield is where it could be lost . Utd are beatable but I don't think we will see it happen on Saturday, draw at best , a 1-2 defeat more likely.

DB10GOONER

Re: MAN UTD HOME Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by DB10GOONER »

Okay lazyhole REB I'll finish the thread title for you! :banghead:

:lol: :wink: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

1-1 But even if we lose we'll still be top 4, and United are financially doped and we are still above spurs :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Tbh we are doing better than I though we would, had our share of luck, but contrary to Wenger's one eyed view, all seasons go like that for most clubs, swings and roundabouts....

What bothers me the most is that top 4 now, after losing out last season, seems to be more important than ever and challenging for the title, just challenging, is no longer even a consideration. And most of our fans are happy with that with all their focus on finishing above spurs. Spurs should be an irrelevance besides when we are actually playing them...we are a much bigger club and we should not even be considering them in our calculations.What have we actually been reduced to???.... At the beginning of the century it was us, United and then the rest......

We are now part of the "rest"..... And, seemingly Ok with it :( :(

Anyway as far as the game goes, Jose will do anything to stop Wenger beating him so if he can't get the win I think he'll park the bus if he has to......... 1-1

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm
Has he been subbed already ???

Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

3 wins out of 3. If this keeps on we might even secure a 4th place finish.

Heady days indeed, I can barely contain myself

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:08 am
1-1 But even if we lose we'll still be top 4, and United are financially doped and we are still above spurs :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Tbh we are doing better than I though we would, had our share of luck, but contrary to Wenger's one eyed view, all seasons go like that for most clubs, swings and roundabouts....

What bothers me the most is that top 4 now, after losing out last season, seems to be more important than ever and challenging for the title, just challenging, is no longer even a consideration. And most of our fans are happy with that with all their focus on finishing above spurs. Spurs should be an irrelevance besides when we are actually playing them...we are a much bigger club and we should not even be considering them in our calculations.What have we actually been reduced to???.... At the beginning of the century it was us, United and then the rest......

We are now part of the "rest"..... And, seemingly Ok with it :( :(

Anyway as far as the game goes, Jose will do anything to stop Wenger beating him so if he can't get the win I think he'll park the bus if he has to......... 1-1
I am not happy about the team not challenging for the title - what is particularly annoying is that most people on here could see what was going to happen 2 years ago. With Pep coming in to the PL it would be very difficult for us to challenge whoever we had as manager. Therefore it makes that missed opportunity in 2015/16 even more frustrating. That was THE chance and yet there was zero attempt from the club to really go for it that season.

but...the only way we will ever be in a position to challenge again in the future is to maintain our position in and around the top 4.
so I will still celebrate every Arsenal victory even though it doesnt feel as special as it once did. I have decided it is pointless celebrating the defeats as Wenger clings on whatever.

so...on we go. Win number 13 in a row at home? Not done that since the Innvincibles era :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/11/boss-p ... ess-rambo/

Lacazette might be out but we still have "Relentless Rambo".... always "keeps the team on the front foot" :? :shock: :?

If you didn't laugh you would cry.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 am
http://news.arseblog.com/2017/11/boss-p ... ess-rambo/

Lacazette might be out but we still have "Relentless Rambo".... always "keeps the team on the front foot" :? :shock: :?

If you didn't laugh you would cry.
Are they watching different games to the rest of us? :shock: :lol:

The amount of good attacks that break down at Ramsey's feet is astonishing tbh. :|