Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
This is our club!

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by This is our club! »

markyp wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:53 pm
This is our club! wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm
Just had to turn over talknonsense! Just totally mugged off an anti Wenger caller, the usual rubbish, can’t compete with city’s money, pep has spent more, what about all of the cups wenger has won blah blah blah! There is definitely an agenda in my view, the media love having Wenger in charge of Arsenal as we give them a laugh and they know that we will never challenge again with that muppet in charge! Gary Neville also optimises this nonsense...careful what you wish for... :banghead:
how the fuck did wigan win then?? I hope someone pointed this out to the twat?
I know mate, how did Leicester win the league as well?? I cannot believe how Wenger gets away with it from the media when other non achieving managers get hammered by them.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

I just cannot wait until Wenger is gone. The thing is even after one of the most spineless Arsenal performances I have ever watched (and that saying something these past few years) I still can’t see an end in sight.

I will only believe it when it happens and I end up in hospital after pinching my arm off.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:55 pm
Nothing will change until fans stay away in their thousands week after week. And they won't. So nothing will change until fucking Wenger decides to go.
Exactly

I no longer attend and I don’t miss it at all to be honest.

I said FIVE years ago on here that if everyone just gave up their season tickets he would be gone.

But oh no on we go..... :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:31 pm
I turned off after the third went in. Didn't bother turning back.

I'm angry, but more importantly, I'm bored.

I am just so bored of the same old thing. Week in, week out. Season after season.

I've got nothing else to give to a team that doesn't even give a shit. I have nothing else to give a team in which the manager is constantly allowed to live off of past glories and is never held accountable.

I think that's me done for the season, to be honest.
I’d reached that point a few years back, give up my membership, haven’t watched a minute of live action this season and am so much richer in body, soul and mind for it. I recommend stopping giving a shit about a club that doesn’t give a shit about us, it’s very cathartic.

Step

Post by Step »

Utterly predictable I'm afraid.
City were poor .......we were a DISGRACE.
Players not bothered, no fight, no spirit and no positivity until we were 3 down. could you imagine the likes of Rocky, Tony, Vieira, Henry playing in this manner?

But according to Wenger we controlled the first half and the second goal was definitely offside (wonder if he would have said that if it were the Gooners who scored it). No respect shown to the worthy winners by the arrogant one.

I was relieved to only be one down at half time as I hoped there would be some strong words and a different attitude in the second.
There obviously were strong words but by Pep.

I still have 14 Black Armbands with a Red image of our 'leader' and the word DELUDED under the image. Well worth a fiver of anyone's money!!!

HE IS UTTERLY DELUDED.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nothing will change until fans stay away in their thousands week after week. And they won't. So nothing will change until fucking Wenger decides to go.
I was sat at half time talking to a Wenger lover. I had to be very restrained but after a very long conversation asked him to justify spending £35m on xhaka as a starting point, cue silence, He was going on about Wenger not having the money to compete with city, It beggars belief.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is a perfect summation of Arsenal's play today

phpBB [video]

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
I was sat at half time talking to a Wenger lover. I had to be very restrained but after a very long conversation asked him to justify spending £35m on xhaka as a starting point, cue silence, He was going on about Wenger not having the money to compete with city, It beggars belief.
Yet you were happy enough to attend today....
Have a think about it.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Have a think about it.
I’m a gooner through thick and thin. Think about it..........

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Have a think about it.
:idea:

silus

Post by silus »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Exactly

I said FIVE years ago on here that if everyone just gave up their season tickets he would be gone.

Alternatively, if all those that stopped going turned up and protested in the ground week in week out things would have changed...but oh no on we go.
No one knows...dont act like a martyr because you no longer go. It acheived fuck all so don't slag off those still turn up.

NickF

Post by NickF »

silus wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Exactly

Alternatively, if all those that stopped going turned up and protested in the ground week in week out things would have changed...but oh no on we go.
No one knows...dont act like a martyr because you no longer go. It acheived fuck all so don't slag off those still turn up.
But it also very clear that those who are still going aren't protesting in the ground "week in week out". Equally as guilty in my book.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Commiserations to those that went.
Pathetic limp wristed crap,that is the norm for us now.
It's barely moved me ,bit like the players .
Funny thing is we can still win the europa but not playing like this.
The slide is picking up speed .

silus

Post by silus »

NickF wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:43 pm
silus wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Exactly

But it also very clear that those who are still going aren't protesting in the ground "week in week out". Equally as guilty in my book.
Not a question of guilt mate. Just get fed up with people acting like they are doing a noble thing by not going and slagging off people that still go. Totally respect peoples decisions, but has it helped at all?
When other clubs have issues with boards or managers they make it known. We just gave up. It's sad, but not the fault of season ticket holders.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Third goal went in, mass exodus and a big punch up on the concourse between Wenger in and out blokes. Welcome to 2018 Arsenal