Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ernie71

Re: Carabao Cup Final v pimped small club | 16:30 | Sunday 25/02

Post by Ernie71 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:55 am
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 am
Fergie had a luxury player in his successful United team......one David Beckham Great at crossing when no-one was marking him and could take a mean free kick. But in all other areas of the midfielder"s game, pretty weak.

Of course that United team had plenty of capacity to allow for Beckham's limited contribution - Keane, Scholes, Giggs... Ozil would have done just fine alongside those guys.

To that extent I sympathise with him, lazy overpaid bastard though he is.
100% this ^. I also kind of feel sorry for Ozil (as much as is possible to feel sorry for a modern millionaire footballer) in that he went from creating chances for top players at Madrid to watching our shit strikers fluff the chances he created for them.
In the 4 years after Ozil left Real Madrid they won 3 CL's in 4 seasons :rubchin:

All the big teams in Europe could have had him when we signed him no one wanted him.This summer the big teams could have got him on a free again they didnt want him

rich31

Post by rich31 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:51 am
Some journo asked Wenger why he was moaning at the 4th official official right at the end and Wenger said it was because he didn’t feel there was enough injury time allocated :shock:

The man’s fucking certifiable. :roll:

When asked what the response he got was he said that the 4th official hit him with this beauty - “what do you want more time for”.

In-fucking-deed.
Any loon that wastes 86 million on mustafi ,xhaka and wellbeck is surely certifiable on that evidence alone....Also i felt a bit for aubamayang yesterday - time after time he tried to stay onside and then make a run for the through ball only to be ignored in favour of a sideways or backwards or stray pass...and bloody ozil was as guilty of this as anyone .In summary a keeper who although awfully exposed should of done better on 2 of their goals...bellerin - living on ego and one decent season,mustafi - just embarrassing arm waving,complaining tool who is basically his manager in player form , koeschielny = a crap captain who is NOT one of the best defenders in premier league whatever pundits might say , chambers - a young kid just lost in all the mess , a midfield that are in the main lazy ,disinterested and overated and an isolated forward who must already be thinking what the fuck has he done.A bench full of shit ,a nodding dog assistant and an outdated ,confused old fool running it all.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I mentioned a while back that I'd seen an Interview with Merson in which he described how he'd been dropped from the first team squad for a month for not chasing back hard enough in training.

Yesterday, Bellerin, Xhaka and Ramsey were walking back, while they watched Citeeh attack. I wonder what dire punishment Lord Wenger has in mind for them.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

City's first goal was a foul on mustafi as Aguero impeded his attempt to get the ball. Yet, where was the cover from Koscielny? He's the leader at the back did he not see mustafi was out of position? Where was the midfield cover for mustafi going forward? Had mustafi played the player instead of appealing, the goal would've been prevented. Mistakes all around but a class finish given the opportunity. Basic errors, play to the whistle.
Whichever way you look at it Sane was offside. There's no disputing it. I can think of a dozen times this season goals have been disallowed for a player standing in a similar position. However, mustafi getting done by a 34year old crock for a corner was embarrassing.
Third goal was just outstanding individual skill. Not much you can about that.
However, the overriding lack of basic defending was critical to our failure on the pitch.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 am
I mentioned a while back that I'd seen an Interview with Merson in which he described how he'd been dropped from the first team squad for a month for not chasing back hard enough in training.

Yesterday, Bellerin, Xhaka and Ramsey were walking back, while they watched Citeeh attack. I wonder what dire punishment Lord Wenger has in mind for them.
A place in the team on thursday is what awaits them i imagine under uncle arsene.
Wenger didnt even seem the slightest bit angry after the game yesterday. :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:51 am
Some journo asked Wenger why he was moaning at the 4th official official right at the end and Wenger said it was because he didn’t feel there was enough injury time allocated :shock:

The man’s fucking certifiable. :roll:

When asked what the response he got was he said that the 4th official hit him with this beauty - “what do you want more time for”.

In-fucking-deed.
Thats fucking great, and a good insight into his very sick mind.... :D :D :D

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 am
City's first goal was a foul on mustafi as Aguero impeded his attempt to get the ball. Yet, where was the cover from Koscielny? He's the leader at the back did he not see mustafi was out of position? Where was the midfield cover for mustafi going forward? Had mustafi played the player instead of appealing, the goal would've been prevented. Mistakes all around but a class finish given the opportunity. Basic errors, play to the whistle.
Whichever way you look at it Sane was offside. There's no disputing it. I can think of a dozen times this season goals have been disallowed for a player standing in a similar position. However, mustafi getting done by a 34year old crock for a corner was embarrassing.
However, the overriding lack of basic defending was critical to our failure on the pitch.

Jesus H Christ you are clutching at straws this morning arent you ? :oops: :oops:

The first goal wasnt a foul in a billion years and mustafi made himself look like a pussy yet again by his reaction - firstly he wasnt even watching the ball when it was being kicked out and as a result he was out of position. Secondly aguero didnt foul him and merely stood his ground as the wimp german c.unt backed into him - can you imagine the same thing happen to TA6 or bould or keown ? Mustafi tried to cover up his inability to win headers like that by flapping his arms looking for a free like he has done many times since he arrived at our club - recently I pointed out that very same issue, and if he stays here for another decade (god forbid) you will still see the same thing happen :evil: :censored:

Sane did not intefere one jot for their second goal - the ball was going towards the other corner, osina had a clear view of it and was heading that way when kompany diverted it, so sane's positioning was not relevent at all.

Thanks to our esteemed cuntbag manager and players, we are living in an alternative world where making excuses is all we do :oops: :oops:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Nos89 wrote:
You are insane. That's the only explanation for this pile of shit.

:coffeespit:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:12 am
Nos89 wrote:

Our players first reaction these days, when conceding, is to run arms a flapping toward the ref...... just like their manager. No post mortem, no calling each other out, no examination of failure... instead let's all immediately whine at the official like our manager does.

And that buck passing, unaccountable ,we've been cheated behaviour has rubbed off on a lot of our fans.

We were beaten, well beaten, by a City side who were mostly disappointing on the day. Pity they never kicked it up a notch, it would have been 6....try spinning that.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

A few thoughts after that pile of shit yesterday. Firstly, it's gone well beyond a joke with our defence, how you allow yourself to be beaten so easily as Mustafi was, is beyond me. Again shit for brains started Xhaka, who doesn't belong at the club, let alone starting. Add to him, the likes of Bellerin(who was destroyed by Sane) and it's a recipe for disaster. I feel sorry for Aubameyang, as in an attempt to prove his 'one up front' policy works, wanker left him up there isolated. How many strikers has he tried this with in the last number of years, even doing it with paceless Giroud :banghead:

On a side note, i don't get hating Man City. Yes they have bought success, but let's do a comparison. They have owners willing to do anything to achieve success, and a winner of a manager. While we have an owner, whose sole purpose is to make money, and a manager who has been re-defining success for the last decade, to suit whatever shit position his team finds themselves in, in the league. I would rather be successful, than taking a moral high ground for doing things 'the right way'.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:12 am
Nos89 wrote:

Our players first reaction these days, when conceding, is to run arms a flapping toward the ref...... just like their manager. No post mortem, no calling each other out, no examination of failure... instead let's all immediately whine at the official like our manager does.

And that buck passing, unaccountable ,we've been cheated behaviour has rubbed off on a lot of our fans.

We were beaten, well beaten, by a City side who were mostly disappointing on the day. Pity they never kicked it up a notch, it would have been 6....try spinning that.
Yep still people out their that back the manager it is mental tbh and ignoring what has been obvious for years.

6 defeats so far this year alone could easily be another 6 before the season ends Milan,City again Utd at least can't be bothered to look up the other fixtures.

The man could sign prime Maldini and Baresi and still we wouldn't have a decent back 4 let alone a GK Almunia over 100 games,he can't coach players to improve their game who has gotten better under him these last few years no one.

Xhaxa gets heaps but however bad he is no one asks how he spent 35m on him let alone him saying he was a box to box player.

Just beyond comical.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Nos89 wrote:
Welcome to the forum Ty!!

GTG

Post by GTG »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:00 pm
A few thoughts after that pile of shit yesterday. Firstly, it's gone well beyond a joke with our defence, how you allow yourself to be beaten so easily as Mustafi was, is beyond me. Again shit for brains started Xhaka, who doesn't belong at the club, let alone starting. Add to him, the likes of Bellerin(who was destroyed by Sane) and it's a recipe for disaster. I feel sorry for Aubameyang, as in an attempt to prove his 'one up front' policy works, wanker left him up there isolated. How many strikers has he tried this with in the last number of years, even doing it with paceless Giroud :banghead:

On a side note, i don't get hating Man City. Yes they have bought success, but let's do a comparison. They have owners willing to do anything to achieve success, and a winner of a manager. While we have an owner, whose sole purpose is to make money, and a manager who has been re-defining success for the last decade, to suit whatever shit position his team finds themselves in, in the league. I would rather be successful, than taking a moral high ground for doing things 'the right way'.
Couldnt agree more. The money involved may well be absolutely ridiculous but they don't just spend it on the first team buying success they've totally reinvented the entire football club from top to bottom with the youth set up, academy, training pitch etc. They also look after their fans.... they have some very cheap season tickets and football is very affordable to the fanbase.

Compare that to our mob and the way this club is run. Those owners do a lot more than just buy success.

GTG

Post by GTG »

BFG4 wrote:

Couldnt agree more. The money involved may well be absolutely ridiculous but they don't just spend it on the first team buying success they've totally reinvented the entire football club from top to bottom with the youth set up, academy, training pitch etc. They also look after their fans.... they have some very cheap season tickets and football is very affordable to the fanbase.

Compare that to our mob and the way this club is run. Those owners do a lot more than just buy success.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

GTG wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 pm
BFG4 wrote:

You know you are doing something right in sport when you start to get hated by other fans.

They play some fantastic football and to me I look at what we could do better and the list is long.