Mediocre team v Shit team Sun 4th March

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Mediocre team v Shit team Sun 4th March

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:31 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 pm

The only fan reaction to gain attention is an empty stadium -the pictures of the ground on Thursday night set more tongues wagging than any banner ever did. Funny I remember a few of us getting shot down a couple of years ago for suggesting such a thing
I disagree, virtually every match report from Bayern until the end of last season showed banners outside and inside the ground.
There will be around 45-50k at the next home game and the low attendance at City will be forgotten.
Lol - there's a surprise. Are you the new Robin_L ? :D Mr Contrary View to whatever I say.....still if it keeps you happy :barscarf:
But unfortunately you talk a load shite most of the time. :D :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:31 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 pm

The only fan reaction to gain attention is an empty stadium -the pictures of the ground on Thursday night set more tongues wagging than any banner ever did. Funny I remember a few of us getting shot down a couple of years ago for suggesting such a thing
I disagree, virtually every match report from Bayern until the end of last season showed banners outside and inside the ground.
There will be around 45-50k at the next home game and the low attendance at City will be forgotten.
Lol - there's a surprise. Are you the new Robin_L ? :D Mr Contrary View to whatever I say.....still if it keeps you happy :barscarf:
But unfortunately you talk a load shite most of the time. :D :D
Yeah yeah - of course the banners being shown really helped didn't it? If you recall most of those protests were pissed on from a great height by the media and most pundits from Gary Neville's rant at AFTV, through to virtually every mainstream journo calling them 'not proper fans' or worse, and in some instances being laughed at for being a few lone voices. I can remember the impact of the banners at the home game vs Norwich a couple of years ago - much hyped, pre-planned and it went down like a wet fart.....and was even turned upon by most in the ground. It was absolutely pathetic.....still if holding your banner up makes you feel like change is imminent then go ahead

The empty seats the other night had far more impact......and if you think 50k will turn up for a Watford match on the back of a Europa hiding you're mistaken I reckon, but we will see. The empty seats have had more people talking in the media and for the right reasons - rather than being branded as ungrateful, disrespectful morons as was the case with the banners and The Stoke Three, they are now saying it feels like the beginning of the end as people just don't give a shit any more. Carragher and Henry actually said it feels much worse than with the protests because there's just a complete malaise hanging over the whole club and that seems to be a view that is gathering more pace.

30000 empty seats, or 500 holding up Wenger Out placards and being sneered at. I know what I think carries more impact - just a shame people can't see past spoiling their 'social occasion'

Offside

Post by Offside »

Offside wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:35 pm
This defeat means it's no longer mathematically possible for us to win the title :barscarf:

Honestly, did anyone expect anything different? We've only won 3 (!) away games in the league. I knew we'd lose. And we still have trips to Huddersfield and Newcastle. I can see more shambolic defeats there.
I knew they'd prove me right :lol: