5 live Martin

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: 5 live Martin

Post by John F »

Agree Martin Arsene was cheated out of the cup by the 4th official.With 95% supporting Arsene and 5% against him what advice would you give to unify the supporters.These misers who haven't got the intelligence to think of an original name for themselves as the word wobs was stolen from Women on blob Sunderland, who meet once a month for a tetchy 5 mins. The wemoaners would have you believe that there has been a social cleansing at the Emirate's with the club pricing out many working class supporters in favour of a Wimbledon tennis crowd and are just waiting for Arsenal to sign someone called Tim so the Tarquins can shout "come on Tim" every time he gets up to serve ,sorry shoot.They even moan about the badge facing the wrong way.My solution for unity would be to rename Highbury Hill to Wenger hill and put a giant screen up and a bit of turf.It would show live games in black and white only for nostalgic reasons as these people always go on about the past.They would feel connected with the club whilst being kept outside allowing the clubs customers to watch the game in peace and quiet.As the club motto says Price the bastards out with harmony.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Absolute gold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You pair of mad bastards should consider a career in comedy writing. 8)

Note to self... stop reading this thread on train to work. People looking at me like I'm a bit spazzy. :lol: :wink:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Hi Guys,

I hear you about uniting the support.With the vast majority buying into the direction the club is going an upward curve imo the small percentage and there are at every club that never seem to be satisfied need bringing back on board,pronto.

It is about healthy discussion and looking to evolve and improve under Arsene,but of course greivances need to be aired.Kept in house and it shows a tight knit group,the players had a meeting that has been kept out of the media thankfully but I can tell you here and you get the feeling the group is back,united.Good positive energy reflected in yesterdays training which I will post in a while.

Tim Henman,yes I hear you and the six time grand slam semi finalist has been bought in by the club before as a motivational speaker....guess that's why his name has cropped up.Arsene heard him talking to the group years ago and inspired him to go one better in his famous 'sign me up for 20 years of coming second' quote,no a brave semi for Arsene not good enough.It led of course to where we are now and the massive erection of him outside the stadium.

Tim spoke to the group when I was at the club in 2000/01 season and just after we went away to Old Trafford and just got edged out 6-1.

He spoke and shook the players hands but after Ray Parlour whispered something to Nelson Vivas he went to shake his hand but Vivas rose salmon like and sent a thudding header into Tim's nose.Ray had told Nelson that Henman had said you lost by a tennis score and how lovely it was when he visited 'our' Island the Malvinas.Hence damage limitation Vivas got transferred and Sir Chips Keswick and Lord Harris kept their Wimbledon debentures.

Ray ever the joker,this one had backfired Tim had said the Maldives when asked about holiday destinations by the group and how Tim had thought the 5th United goal was clearly offside.Arsene was very much in agreement and asked about whether Tim would be interested in a coaching role at his club in the future,

Yes so I suggest the disenfranchised one percent enjoy the fact that the club have suggested that the planned 'Nelson Vivas day' celebrations are observed by the lunatic fringe only so that they can argue amongst themselves.I agree get back on board or think about transferring your support to another team Arsene deserves better frankly.

Topside Northbank

Last edited by Topside Northbank on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topside Northbank

Topside Northbank wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:38 am
Hi Guys,

Just one more post before the AC Milan game regarding the great week of training the group has experienced.

Yesterday the day before any major European away game when we normally travel late and never train on the opponents pitch to get the feel of conditions some great work went on.Danny Welbeck managed to slip over only 5 times during the last training session,great coaching has seen a vast improvement and chillingly for Milan it mirrors the amount of goals he has scored this season.Boro Primorac pointed that out on the readout from the prozone statistics.

Snippet guys,Wednesday is always low key,fun training,players against staff no goalkeepers,no shots allowed,possession football only represented by cones in each goal 45 mins then first goal wins.

It's tried and trusted and the players and staff love it.Arsene never alters the routine and it has been one of the his greatest coaching ideas.

Ended up 1-0 to the staff yesterday but they had an advantage the players cone was jaded,had to be substituted and has been carrying a knock from previous weeks so Petr Cech deputised.

Apparently Vic Akers made a third man run and Xhaka couldn't keep up with him and he volleyed a lofted Colin Lewin pass off Petr Cech's helmet into the net.

To replecate the match day feel a player is selected for man of the match,never staff as it may damage confidence another Wenger gem,mind games at their best.

Danny Welbeck awarded the coverted prize from the boss which is the club photographer takes their photo together and Arsene signs it with a personal message.

Great souvenir for the player and something to cherish when they stop playing for the statistician's out there this season Alex Iwobi and Granit Xhaka have the most awards 6 each.

John F

Post by John F »

Great stuff Martin you are debunking the myths of the wemoaners may i suggest you add THE TRUTH to the thread title.I have nothing but respect for Mr kronkee or Sir Stan as I like to call him(just a matter of time) but I have heard some very harsh remarks.He has been called a Trump loving,rug wearing parasite whose only interest in Arsenal is to use the money he sucks out the club to fund trips to hunt down the last remaining White Rhinos in Kenya.There was even a planned Real Madrid style protest planned against him involving fans not waving white hankies but Wigs disrespecting our great owner.I would like to give some background information on Sir Stanley.He is a conservationist at heart and he knows that many animals are facing extinction.He knows that before the planet runs out of certain species it is best to splatter them and put their heads on walls to preserve the memory of these magnificent creatures.He and Donald also share an interest in the very rare Nowek Amazon Gorilla.To raise awareness of their plight they are wearing on their heads the fur carved off the head of a shot Nowek Silverback.HE IS NOT WEARING A WIG IT IS A CONSERVATION MESSAGE.I feel with such an empathetic leader Arsenal is in good hands.
Reference sources for Kronkee,: How to shoot Lions and influence people,Hunting rare Wildlife for Dummies ,How to drown a Penguin the Kronkee years.

Topside Northbank

Hi Guys,

Yes like Arsene Sir Stan is a serial winner and doesn't take defeat well.He strives for the best players in all his franchises especially his North London one.Had the Emirates deal not been agreed Stan,Arsene and Arsenal knew they had a back up plan.

The Walmart independent Grove was to be the stadiums new name.Yes John F the WIG stadium and sponsorship funded out of the great man's personal pocket.

I know the players and staff on the last visit to America were left speechless with their Walmart club card's they were given 20 percent staff discount and 25 dollars each to spend.Arsene wisely kept his still unspent awaiting a day off work as he works 365 days a year 24/7 to improve the club word is he is on the look out for a decent new grey jumper on the Walmart website.Reduced price or buy one get one free the positions he is looking at.

Well lets take the LA Rams American football team under Stan they won their division this past season FACT and are top 4 every year in their division FACT that many overlook,never been relegated FACT media negativity that even LA Rams fans say it is because of Arsene that they expect top 4 every year.You see success breeds success.

Arsene has been known to ring the LA Rams headcoach to offer tactical advice.Very generous of Arsene he is an expert in all fields.Be it Art to American football,he is a sponge of knowledge and don't try and catch him out on random subjects like the French rap music scene as he has dipped his fingers in many pies that would surprise you.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Wow, great to finally have a positive thread on this forum. I would stop visiting with all of the negativity around the club and Mr. Wenger, but i just love Arsenal so much that I need to read everything on the Internet.

As a Yank, I know that we love our soccerball as much as you Londoners. We travel in huge numbers to the Emirates and if being the biggest fan is about the amount of Arsenal merchandise you buy and ideally wear, then I think only that very smart man Ty on Arsenal Fan TV gives us a run for our money. And speaking of money, I hear a few negative nancys talking badly about us as tourist fans that don't contribute to the atmosphere. Well, I can tell you that if not for the long and expensive trip to London, we would be singing our hearts out to support the team. Of course we know all the songs, it's mere jet lag that prevents us from vocalizing.

Anyway, good to know others are here to support the club and Mr. Wenger as much as we do. You can bet we'll be awake at 3am to watch and support the team. I mean, who could sleep when you know Xhaka will be pinging balls backwards and sideways even better than Barcelona can.

John F

Post by John F »

Ziegler great to have another positive post.I am a big fan of Granit(man of steel) love the way he tricks an opponent into false security.He allows them to ghost past him in midfield and just as they run back after celebrating a goal he delivers an evil look to make them think again. Xhaka and Ozil and 4ft1 Jack must frighten the life out of the opposition.As Martin above says great times are ahead with 10 more years of Arsene playing at the Wig stadium and plans are being made to attract more Americans with a name change .Stan wants to honour the man who built Arsenal as it did not really exist before he came along and the man who is rebuilding your country and call the club Arsetrump FC. Love to hear the Spuds chant "what do you think of Arsetrump ,shit'.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsetrump FC :barscarf: :lol:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've suddenly realised how ignorant I am compared to Mr.Wenger.

We asked him to prioritise the Europa Cup and we should have had faith.

The Europa Cup is much more prestigious than the Carabou Cup and is the gateway to our return to our rightful place in the European Champions League (for 'Champions' read 'not far off being champions' and occasionally 'have never been champions').
Why didn't we unworthy mortals see that Man City (twice), Brighton, Ostersunds, Swansea and the Scum were just part of Arsene's cunning plan to lull Gattuso into a false sense of confidence. He let his players stand off us so we could play are 'special' brand of football. Did he not see the blue moon. We were due a performance. We're never crap six games in a row, yet Arsene convinced the little Italian that we would be. Genius!

Topside Northbank

Hi Guys,

The hard weeks work paid off last night and as said at HT the team has been rejuvenated under Arsene in just 45 mins.It was a given they would the shoots of recovery laid bare by the experienced,streetwise sage Arsene Wenger.

The tie is not over but Arsene has put Arsenal in with a fantastic chance of making the last 8.The seventh placed team in serie a put to the sword by the 6th placed premier league side.Elite performance the group galvanized.

The Rossoneri are on the rise make no mistake this result with reverberate around Europe.City,Barcelona,Bayern etc will be breathing a sigh of relief that Arsenal chose not to participate in the CL this season.For the Europa league and I expect Arsenal to qualify for the three hour draw,there will be seven other teams hoping they don't draw Arsenal.Atletico Madrid are favourites with the bookmakers due no doubt to rival fans making hopeful bets,no rational thinking and a fool and his money....

Make no mistake I read this morning that it wasn't a great Milan team,WRONG this current team would absolutely hammer the 1989 and 1990 European Cup winning sides.Guys like Ruud Gullit are now 55,sorry it is a flawed logic that thinks otherwise.

Watford next and no doubt Troy Deeney will be having a few sleepless nights after his accusations that Arsenal under Arsene lack 'cajones' well Milan will tell you two balls certainly entered Milan's net.

The Birmingham born Benzema may have stirred up a Hornets nest and maybe it will be the overweight Hornet forward who will be the one stung.

John F

Post by John F »

Great posts lads the genius of Arsene goes on.Unfortunately the dark side of our support have highlighted three Incidents that they believe proves the players no longer respect Arsene and yesterday's result was because the players organized themselves.Incident 1 xhaka after just missing the goal by 20metres reacted to Arsenes chiding by appearing to say f***k off.In fact he said far off as in it wasn't far off.Incident 2 Ozil looked like he had just seen himself in the mirror for the first time when he was subbed.In fact yes he did look unhappy but it was because he asked to go off sooner as he was worried about missing his flight to Barbados as he is expecting to be sick in a few days time.Finally Jack looking dismissive at Arsene after receiving instructions during the match.Those of you that remember The Land of the Giants will remember that when a Giant spoke normally it hurt the small people's ears.That's all Jack was reacting too as Arsene forgot to whisper.
Arsene has a Cse in psychology and what he does is empower players by not interfering,fact.
Nb for the younger generation Cse was a bit like Gsce.It stood for Certificate of shite education and the higher number after the e you got the better.Better then an A level.I've got 5 all grade 6 which means I can join Densa, fact.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43391018

You really have to read this shit.......

What an ass kissing :censored:

He dealt with it (the criticism) by remaining balanced and consistent in his behaviour :banghead: :banghead:

By “consistent” do you mean he sat there doing nothing except argue with the long / 4th official Martin ?

If he was there for another 2 or 3 years I would be quite pleased :banghead: WTF are you on ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43391018

You really have to read this shit.......

What an ass kissing :censored:

He dealt with it (the criticism) by remaining balanced and consistent in his behaviour :banghead: :banghead:

By “consistent” do you mean he sat there doing nothing except argue with the long / 4th official Martin ?

If he was there for another 2 or 3 years I would be quite pleased :banghead: WTF are you on ?
How unusual Martin Keown Flip Flopping. :banghead: :roll: :roll: