Arsenal v CSKA Moscow (H) match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Arsenal v CSKA Moscow

Post by Redarmy »

Know Moscow well been may times over the years, don't think their lot will be out for trouble, think they will leave our fans alone, really hope so

with saying that the Moscow fans including Spartak have some serious nutters in their ranks, they have taken football hooliganism to whole new levels...they are frightening and not to be messed with

As for the game think we will sneak through over 2 legs......reckon we are going all the Way to the Final in Lyon...now that will be a good trip :D :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I’d be wary of what was being fed through the aircon in my hotel room that’s for sure!

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Just seen the draw. Absolute respect to any gooner who still travels but with what is coming out from their government about English fans not being safe at the world cup I hope any who go are fucking careful. Stick together, look after each other, hopefully win the game and get back home safely

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

At the very least don't let anyone else put salt and vinegar on your chips !

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 pm
I’d be wary of what was being fed through the aircon in my hotel room that’s for sure!
Anyone know what hotel or more precisely the room number Wenger might be staying in? Just, you know, asking for a friend...

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Think we should get Craig David to rewrite the James Brown classic from the Rocky 4 film and pre match entertainment can be him singing "I LIVE IN THE UK".
After the match we must drug test the Moscow players and Putin will see this as Uk vs Russia.
In the second leg we will be losing but suddenly find strength to win and turn the hostile Russian crowd on our side.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 pm
Anyone know what hotel or more precisely the room number Wenger might be staying in? Just, you know, asking for a friend...
Even if anything happens to Wenger, the club are planning a weekend at Bernies style future with him given a new deal. Sure Steve Bould has been gone, years now, just no one ever noticed :)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I really liked the fact that the last 8 teams in this competition come from 8 different countries unlike champions league that only has 4 countries represented by 8 teams.
Didn't like getting the furthest team to travel too but think we can get past them.
The current political situation adds an interesting twist, wouldn't be surprised if the club get pressurised into not taking away support.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Would love to go, as been to a few nutty aways in Europe over the years, Fenerbache, Roma (crazy penalty shoot out win, :box: ) ect :barscarf: Moscow would be interesting to visit at least.

However, the cost looks nuts, the Captain Kirks charged $18 for a visa a few years back, the Russians charge over £200, for a visa "letter of recommendation" / agents fees. Moscow is supposed to be expensive, even staying for a night or two, beer & food is extortionate. :banghead: I'll bet the plane fares are steep as well. :banghead:

Hopefully the lads going over there can pay their respects to Denton AKA The Bear RIP who lost his life in Moscow 10 years back in a car accident.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:16 pm
I would advise our away fans to not travel to Moscow for this game for safety reasons.
It had to happen to us didn't it.
Agree 100% with this post. The British Council was shut yesterday and I work with them most weeks in Russia outside of Moscow.
The staff were or are much more worried about there own safely now.

I am sure the club will take the fans under a 'official away' game banner if anybody does wish to attend the game then please do so this way.

I would not travel independently to Moscow right now, under the current climate.

John F

Post by John F »

With tensions rising even the home leg could be dodgy if both country's football fans from other clubs view this tie as a England v Russia fans ,the France16 Sequel.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

John F wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 am
With tensions rising even the home leg could be dodgy if both country's football fans from other clubs view this tie as a England v Russia fans ,the France16 Sequel.
Doubt it, unlike the cologne game, the British police will be keeping a close eye on the Russians every movement in London. I should imagine there will be a few thousand at least, around the ground.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Did anyone here go on the flight options trip to Moscow in, I think, 2000?

Tidy trip. Coldest ever. :shock: :mrgreen:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 am

I'd been to Rome earlier that season and really fancied the Moscow one but if I remember rightly, it was quite expensive and as I was a student working in a bar part-time then, I couldn't afford it. We got thrashed 4-1 in about -10 degrees didn't we?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 am

Do flight options still exist? I thought I heard somewhere they went broke.

I went with them on a few trips, one was to Cardiff and another was the UEFA cup final where we nearly didn't make it in time due to delays from Stansted.