AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Atletico Madrid in Semi Final

Post by SteveO 35 »

I can't believe people are moaning about the luck of the draw. We've absolutely skanked our way through to the semi final against the butchers, the bakers and candlestick makers of Europe.

Honest to god we've got this far by beating the bottom team in the Bundesliga (well actually we somehow lost against them despite them being Sunday league 6th division standard), the might of Belarus and Serbia, a team with less history than Wenger who were playing 4th division football in Sweden less than a decade ago and the Russians whose defence had to nip off early to get their zimmer frames serviced

Fuck me this has been one long pub standard competition and now we're finally meeting a team who might just give Mr 30 Years the spanking that has been promised in every round but which hasn't happened because of the sub standard shite we've been playing

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:46 am
I can't believe people are moaning about the luck of the draw. We've absolutely skanked our way through to the semi final against the butchers, the bakers and candlestick makers of Europe.

Honest to god we've got this far by beating the bottom team in the Bundesliga (well actually we somehow lost against them despite them being Sunday league 6th division standard), the might of Belarus and Serbia, a team with less history than Wenger who were playing 4th division football in Sweden less than a decade ago and the Russians whose defence had to nip off early to get their zimmer frames serviced

Fuck me this has been one long pub standard competition and now we're finally meeting a team who might just give Mr 30 Years the spanking that has been promised in every round but which hasn't happened because of the sub standard shite we've been playing
SteveO you are not preaching to the converted... :wink:
This is what we have become!
We are being led by a so called lucky fucker who lost his marbles when the move took place..
Europa Pub League is our standard and we slip behind a good five sides now, thanks to his vision and that of ugly fucker Stanley Kroenke...

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I can see the nightmare scenario becoming a reality.....Chelsea's implosion means a fifth-place finish which miraculously earns champions' league qualifications as the scousers somehow beat Bayern or Real in the final and open up another place for an English club.

So the odious old toad could get royally stuffed by Atletico and STILL cling on for the last year of his current contract by "winning" another virtual trophy in finishing a distant fifth.

RobG

Post by RobG »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hard to disagree with this, all the same. But like I said, it would be so typical of Arsenal to play out of their skins, best Atletico and then lose in the final to Red Bull Salzburg on penalties.

Wenger is then subsequently confirmed for another two years....at which point I - and many others..... :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:24 am
Arsenal get the hardest draw and surprise surprise Liverpool get Roma... so predictable

Anyway at least it might mean more embarrassment for Wenger and the regime on the positive side. :twisted:
To be fair, Roma is obviously a great draw but they earned that by hammering City at home and also winning the away leg; by contrast, City beat us home and away!

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 pm
I can see the nightmare scenario becoming a reality.....Chelsea's implosion means a fifth-place finish which miraculously earns champions' league qualifications as the scousers somehow beat Bayern or Real in the final and open up another place for an English club.

So the odious old toad could get royally stuffed by Atletico and STILL cling on for the last year of his current contract by "winning" another virtual trophy in finishing a distant fifth.
5th place never gets Champions League regardless of what happens with Liverpool

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:56 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 pm

5th place never gets Champions League regardless of what happens with Liverpool
Also Chelsea came back from 2-0 down to win at Southampton (2 x Giroud goals) so are now back to 6 points ahead of us, Burney are winning 2-0 at home to Leicester so right on our tail for 6th, I'd say we are more likely to finish 7th than 5th but 6th is most likely.

If Wenger stays next season it's going to be laughable as his power base is slowly being eroded beneath his feet but he will still be there making his usual f*ck ups in front of 30K at the bowl and of course we'll "have no money" because of no CL football and our bloated wage bill relative to a lot of players ability (plus we need cash in the bank for SK but he wont mention that :roll: ).

If you thought this season was messy... :banghead: anyone who still goes next season if Wenger is there needs their head checking.

RobG

Post by RobG »

"If you thought this season was messy... :banghead: anyone who still goes next season if Wenger is there needs their head checking."

Yep ! It doesn't bear thinking about, it really doesn't. :( :( :(

RobG

Post by RobG »

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

This season has been every bit as much of a train wreck as we predicted it would be if he stayed.

Other than by virtue of the conspicuous number of empty seats, why has he not been properly hounded by those still going to home games? The whole crowd aren't tourists and visitors. There must still be c20,000 "real" Arsenal fans who still suffer this nonsense every match. What is preventing them giving it to him with both barrels?

Nos89

Re: Athletico Madrid in Semi Final

Post by Nos89 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:39 pm
RobG wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 pm

It would actually be typical of Arsenal to overcome Athletico and then screw it up in the final. :roll:
:lol:

This too would not surprise me.... :lol:
don't worry fellas, zaragoza aren't in this :barscarf:
Are there any es-spurs players at Marseille or Salzburg?

Henry Norris 1913

Re: Athletico Madrid in Semi Final

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:34 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:39 pm
RobG wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 pm

It would actually be typical of Arsenal to overcome Athletico and then screw it up in the final. :roll:
:lol:

This too would not surprise me.... :lol:
don't worry fellas, zaragoza aren't in this :barscarf:
Are there any es-spurs players at Marseille or Salzburg?
payet at marseille, so we've got a former spurs of east london to contend with 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

RobG wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:27 pm
As they see us :-

http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias ... ow-arsenal
Not very accurate though, they said Wenkers biggest achievement was the invincibles, have they forgotten the glory of 4th place at the Hawthorns ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 pm
This season has been every bit as much of a train wreck as we predicted it would be if he stayed.

Other than by virtue of the conspicuous number of empty seats, why has he not been properly hounded by those still going to home games? The whole crowd aren't tourists and visitors. There must still be c20,000 "real" Arsenal fans who still suffer this nonsense every match. What is preventing them giving it to him with both barrels?

I fear it is the malaise brought on by agent wenger's apathy nerve gas which is sprayed liberally around the ground before the game. TOF follows that up by sending out a team which overplays the ball in midfield going from side to side and back again repeatedly putting everybody into a hypnotic trance of abject boredom. You have to be one hell of a person to have the strength to overcome this assault on the senses and be able to stand up and bellow "Wenger you senile old cu.nt why don't you just fuck off". :(

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Can’t wait for this! Repeat of last seasons humiliation by Bayern coming up :barscarf: