AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g60gooner

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by g60gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 pm
g60gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 pm
g60gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Yeah, I'd book the restaurant if i were you.
I concur :D absolutely no chance of us getting to Lyon :lol:
You clearly don't believe in the great Wenger escapology trick. He's done it for the last 5 years!

Although we are clearly underdogs for this game, I wouldn't dismiss our chances. Anything is possible over two legs.
My opinion of Simeone would be completely tarnished if he can't get past a Wenger 'coached' team.
I maean, If he can't beat our prima donna cuunts, wafting around in some vague, woolly formation, oblivious to pushing up, closing down, passing further than ten yards 57 times in a row, before nonchantly giving the ball away, then jogging back in an uninterested way whilst a well trained, fit, structured team of capable focused and decent footballers stream forward and clinically score past our shambolic defence and sham-bollocks goalkeeper, then he needs to have a word with himself.
As you say though, you never can tell in football. :lol: :wink:
Can’t disagree really but I hear Lyon is quite nice in May.

Perhaps, I should just book a holiday and if Arsenal get there it’s a bonus (or disaster depending on which way you look at it).

:D :D :D
:lol:

Positivity is not something you see too often in an Arsenal fan these days mate. I have to admire that :wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

g60gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 pm
g60gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 pm

I concur :D absolutely no chance of us getting to Lyon :lol:
You clearly don't believe in the great Wenger escapology trick. He's done it for the last 5 years!

Although we are clearly underdogs for this game, I wouldn't dismiss our chances. Anything is possible over two legs.
My opinion of Simeone would be completely tarnished if he can't get past a Wenger 'coached' team.
I maean, If he can't beat our prima donna cuunts, wafting around in some vague, woolly formation, oblivious to pushing up, closing down, passing further than ten yards 57 times in a row, before nonchantly giving the ball away, then jogging back in an uninterested way whilst a well trained, fit, structured team of capable focused and decent footballers stream forward and clinically score past our shambolic defence and sham-bollocks goalkeeper, then he needs to have a word with himself.
As you say though, you never can tell in football. :lol: :wink:
Can’t disagree really but I hear Lyon is quite nice in May.

Perhaps, I should just book a holiday and if Arsenal get there it’s a bonus (or disaster depending on which way you look at it).

:D :D :D
:lol:

Positivity is not something you see too often in an Arsenal fan these days mate. I have to admire that :wink:
True, true. But look at the flight prices to Lyon for mid May. Already at eye watering levels. It’s clear to me quite a lot of people have already made plans. I suspect if we do get there going via Paris will be the way forward.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Easy and cheap option is to fly London to Geneva in Switzerland and get the train to Lyon, it's under 2 hours by train and can cost as little as €7.
Lyon is lovely and the food is excellent!!

Just had a quick look and if you flew out the day before the final and came back the day after you can get flights for €61 each way.

DB10GOONER

Re: Athletico Madrid in Semi Final

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:53 pm
wilko49er wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:22 am
Lucky Mickie bastards avoided the top boys, until the final.
Roma will not be a walk in the park, but Liverpool are on fire and could well be coming up trumps at the right time...
The Mousers won't beat any top CL team that has a dynamic attacking forward line because their defence is suspect and Klopp naively has them press too high - fine in the PL to a certain extent, but the better sides in the CL will expose that.

Unfortunately Roma are not one of the better sides and will probably sit deep olde skoole Italian stylee and play right into Salahs hands.... :roll:

nut flush gooner

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 am
Easy and cheap option is to fly London to Geneva in Switzerland and get the train to Lyon, it's under 2 hours by train and can cost as little as €7.
Lyon is lovely and the food is excellent!!

Just had a quick look and if you flew out the day before the final and came back the day after you can get flights for €61 each way.
I'm looking at using Avios to Paris, great thing is if we fuck up I can cancel flights and get my money back. With avios we can go business class for under £50 each, and the TGVtrain will be less than 100 euros return. Job done.

Geneva is an option though as BA fly there too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Positivity - Schmositivity :(

We lose either way.

If we win we lose - coz that hapless twattcuntslop wenger will not only stay on, but get a further year to pretend to be a manager of our club

If we lose he will stay on for at least another season.

:suicide:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I'm in Madrid now (we arrive from Barcelona on saturday). Can I just say that Madrid is a fantastic city! (More interesting than Barcelona in my opinion ;) )

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:52 pm
I'm in Madrid now (we arrive from Barcelona on saturday). Can I just say that Madrid is a fantastic city! (More interesting than Barcelona in my opinion ;) )
Agreed, was there for a few days last year and found it to be a fantastic city, hotel had a great pool on the roof and we just wandered the city at night, even got to a Real match, cracking weekend

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm looking at using Avios to Paris, great thing is if we fuck up I can cancel flights and get my money back. With avios we can go business class for under £50 each, and the TGVtrain will be less than 100 euros return. Job done.
Good option, but please bear in mind, this goes for anyone looking to travel by train, there are shit loads of strikes planned by SNCF staff here and they are currently on strike on the 13th, 14th, 18th and 19th May as well as many other days!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

greengooner wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 pm
g88ner wrote:
Agreed, was there for a few days last year and found it to be a fantastic city, hotel had a great pool on the roof and we just wandered the city at night, even got to a Real match, cracking weekend
We're going to Real Madrid v Bilbao tonight.

Weather is superb at the moment which helps, but I've found the city centre to be very relaxing and beautiful. Food is great too.

Not that Barcelona wasn't impressive, but I just found it too touristy and easy to spend money. Madrid has so many free and cheap things to do that I've ended up (happily) spending more at restaurants and tapas bars. 8)

Off back to London in the morning. Oh well.

nut flush gooner

g88ner wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:40 pm
greengooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Weather is superb at the moment which helps, but I've found the city centre to be very relaxing and beautiful. Food is great too.

Not that Barcelona wasn't impressive, but I just found it too touristy and easy to spend money. Madrid has so many free and cheap things to do that I've ended up (happily) spending more at restaurants and tapas bars. 8)

Barca over Madrid for me, much more aesthetically pleasing on the eye with the marina/port and the lovely topless lasses on the beach! Madrid just feels a lot more grimy,

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:15 am
g88ner wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:40 pm
greengooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Barca over Madrid for me, much more aesthetically pleasing on the eye with the marina/port and the lovely topless lasses on the beach! Madrid just feels a lot more grimy,

I'm not one of those people that go on (or pretend to know anything) about architecure (sp :oops: ), but I thought that some of the buildings in madrid were stunning, and I was also amazed at the cleanliness of the place 8) I havent been to barcelona yet, but I really liked madrid the two times I was there.
Having said that, I do think that some of the locals attitudes were shocking - there was one taxi guy who was an absolute b**tard and I had a serious argument with. I gave the c.unt the name of the hotel we were staying in, and he had a meltdown that I didnt know the exact address as well - I ended up getting seriously fcuked off with him and got him to let us out in the middle of fcuking nowhere so that I could get a proper taxi man who knew where he was going :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

They will rip our snowflakes a new one. end of.

#wengerout

herbert

Post by herbert »

They are charging us £79 to sit up in the gods where the tickets are normally 30 to 40 euros and we are charging them £37.50 to sit pitchside :banghead:
Unfukinbelievable

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:01 pm
They are charging us £79 to sit up in the gods where the tickets are normally 30 to 40 euros and we are charging them £37.50 to sit pitchside :banghead:
Unfukinbelievable
Club is subsidising the cost of our away tickets to bring it down to the same level they're paying at our place (less than £40).

No-brainer PR exercise.