Your choice as manager/Arteta Merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who Do YOU Want As Next Arsenal Manager

Ancelotti
21%
Tuchel
1%
Allegri
49%
PV4
6%
Enrique
2%
Jardim
5%
Nagelsmann
1%
Rodgers
1%
Arteta
3%
Others
12%

Total votes: 127

Rosie_titters

Re: Arteta

Post by Rosie_titters »

The players there must be rubbing their hands and laughing, knowing their Arsenal careers are secured for another 5 years. He was a half decent player for us, who always tried. But no way a legend and i can't see the fans supporting him for long if it goes wrong.

Once again it says it all about our club and the owners. Get a yes man, who won't rock the boat and be prepared to accept mediocrity and piss poor players.

I see we are still a Joke Club :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Redarmy

Re: Your Choice As Manager

Post by Redarmy »

MrT wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:35 pm
It will be a laugh with Arteta. If the Wenger banter years haven't desensitised you to the insanity of a club like Arsenal then I don't know what to say.

Just not having to see a wrinkly old dictator sitting on his arse fiddling while the club are 4-0 down will be refreshing.

I'm prepared to give him a fair shot to prove his worth.
yes no one knows what he will do.....but was always going to end like this.....an untried manager....more risk of not achieving i guess

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BREAKING: @Arsenal have contacted Patrick Vieira in last 24 hours but former Gunners midfielder feels call was a 'token gesture' and is disappointed, say Sky sources #SSN https://t.co/LSCre2usZi

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SSN reporting that Arsenal have made contact with Patrick Vieira in the last 24 hours over manager vacancy,but Vieira sees it as a token call and is said to be disappointed by it.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm
BREAKING: @Arsenal have contacted Patrick Vieira in last 24 hours but former Gunners midfielder feels call was a 'token gesture' and is disappointed, say Sky sources #SSN https://t.co/LSCre2usZi

Confirmation (as if it was needed) that PV4 would have swam from america to manage Arsenal - we could have got a top manager or we could have got a less experienced manager with real Arsenal blood in his veins, but instead we are employing a guy with zero managerial experience but spent his past it years playing for our club :roll: I know that I keep saying it, but it is really pissing me off to think that arteta is going to be our next manager, and making cazorla part of the coaching staff (another guy with zero experience) is only making the appointment worse :evil: :evil: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

A couple of years ago somebody put gazidas email address up here - does anyone still have it and if so can they pm me please ? Wont make any difference to the clubs decision of course, but it will make me feel some bit better if I can let off a rant at the baldy american sleezebag :censored:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:11 pm
Could we borrow the "wrong one" banner the United fans flew over Old Trafford when Moyes was appointed?
:D :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

If all this is true, then an unproven manager with fuck all money to spend?
What could possibly go wrong?!

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta story hots up, here's why I think it's a great idea (long read, but a fine one)

https://t.co/ocjhWIpKky

Taken from Legroveblog.

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone confident that arteta will be a different type of coach to wenker and be more pragmatic and defensive in his mindset ? This is from an interview he did with the club magazine in 2014 -

“My philosophy will be clear.
“I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.
“We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us. I’m 100 per cent convinced of those things, and I think I could do it.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ossip-News

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm
markyp wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:54 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:30 pm
greengooner wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 pm
1989 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am
Club is run by morons. We all thought Wenger was the problem but he was always only half the problem.
only the total idiots though Wenker was the only problem, Krancky was always the main problem, the old fool was only the front man for this sham club
Exactly. There has been a handful of us on here that could see years ago that Wenger was only the symptom and that Kroenke is the disease. We even had some fucking idiots whining "but Kroenke has done his job... he's given Wenger some money for players..." :roll:

We will never be a top tier club whilst the wig wearing parasite owns us. :censored:
but kreonke didn't buy xhaka for 35m and mustafi for 30m or gervniho or gallas or Silvestre or chamakh,also kreonke didn't drop arshavin for the fa cup semi in 2009,kreonke ddint overlook our defence for 10 years now or send the players out with no tactics,kreonke wasn't the reason we couldn't lift the title 2 years ago when Leicester beat us to it,a team with zero money,if its down to money how did that happen? wenger has had massive amounts of money that a decent manager would have spent better and assembled a well drilled team,look at spurs,fuck all money but miles ahead of us,the problem wasn't just kreonke
Oh ffs.... no one said it was. The issue is that Kroenke the owner had the power to sack Wenger years ago and didn't. He let Wenger fester away and he will probably go with the appointment of a yes man this time because he is a toxic owner. He is the disease. Shit managers are symptoms of that disease.

And that, in a nutshell, is it........any owner with a shred of ambition, who was even half interested in on-field glory (I stupidly always thought that's what this business was about), would have sacked Wenger years ago. I've wanted Wenger gone since long before it was fashionable and back when your sanity would be questioned for suggesting it, but Kroenke became the real issue the moment the avaricious bastards all sold out to him.

Seeing that Kroenke was the major problem was in no way a defence of Wenger, but given the choice of only one of them, I'd have seen Kroenke driven out if possible, knowing that Wenger wouldn't have survived more than 6 months, under a new owner. In fact, he'd have probably walked with Kroenke, knowing that his all-powerful, unaccountable days were over.

Make no mistake, in my world, Wenger would have been gone before Kroenke bought the majority share, but it's looking likely that we are about to witness exactly why Stan is the real scourge of our Club. As others have said, Arteta may well turn out to be a coaching genius, but we are in no position to take a chance and especially when so many experienced and successful options are available. Ancelotti (my personal choice) is actually out of work. Whatever Arteta is and may or may not become, it's indisputable that he's a novice and it's a dereliction of duty to appoint a novice to this job. It won't be his fault and I'll wish him well, but it's too great a risk.

Over the last day or so, I've consoled myself with the notion that if he's appointed and it does indeed go horribly wrong, then I'd expect the fan base to unite and get after Kroenke. They've already shown themselves quite prepared to sing for him to get out of the Club, in a way that they wouldn't do with Wenger and as tough as it will be to shift the fucker (maybe impossible), we've all seen how powerful the empty seats were. If they select a puppet coach and it implodes, there'll quickly be twice as many empty seats as we saw this season Damage the brand, affect match day income and above all sponsorship deals and Stan will be in trouble.

I've a horrible feeling that after finally winning the Wenger battle, the real war lies ahead. I genuinely hope I'm wrong. :( :(

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:26 pm
Arteta story hots up, here's why I think it's a great idea (long read, but a fine one)

https://t.co/ocjhWIpKky

Taken from Legroveblog.
Anybody who thinks that Arteta is the right option is a fucking idiot who belongs on our board. Would be a fucking disgrace and honestly one of the very worst appointments I could imagine.

IrishJB

Post by IrishJB »

I don't want to be all doom and gloom, in that if it is he, fresh ideas (or Guardiola's), has been with us of course, always sought a coaching role etc ....

but blxxdy eck, no management experience, that's fine 'cos Ipswich, maybe Derby maybe etc etc would take a plum with a guy with no experience,,,,

but hey we're blxxdy ARSENAL, this is a top job, even the unknown Wenger back then had managed and had won something prior ....

it does sum us up though now doesn't it - the hierarchy we have now, it's unreal !!!! be cheaper of course .... they haven't got a blxxdy clue

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not only no experience but a fully signed up AKB whose view of the club is Arsene FC.

Fuck right off.